The Union Forever: A TL

Thank you guys for all your support. Credit goes to Mac Gregor for helping me in editing, though Leopold and his life story were all my idea. If anyone wants a bio on an historical pre-POD person than tell me and i'll start working on it.

And the winner is.....

Flag of Republic of Jamaica.png

Mac Gregor, is it find that I send you that story piece I am working on to you by PM?

It is a long one, and is taking quite a bit of time.

Indeed. On a side note, watching the Olympics I noticed that the TL's flag for the Republic of Jamaica is rather close to OTL's flag for the Gabonese Republic (see below). However, I much prefer the darker blue.

True; it's hard to tell on my current monitor, but I think the green is darker and the yellow is lighter on the TUF Jamaican flag. That helps the darker blue look better, I think. Though, it also keeps it from looking washed out as much.

True; it's hard to tell on my current monitor, but I think the green is darker and the yellow is lighter on the TUF Jamaican flag. That helps the darker blue look better, I think. Though, it also keeps it from looking washed out as much.
We could always change the blue to black.

I like the blue better. It's different. I was just saying that is why I think the darker blue shade works better (as it is a dark/light/dark combo rather than one with similar saturation and luminescence).

Symbolically, I imagine the blue represents the sea and tranquility, the green represents the land and its bounty, while the gold represents the prosperity of the people whom make both the land and sea the source for their fortune, binding it together.

I like the blue better. It's different. I was just saying that is why I think the darker blue shade works better (as it is a dark/light/dark combo rather than one with similar saturation and luminescence).

Symbolically, I imagine the blue represents the sea and tranquility, the green represents the land and its bounty, while the gold represents the prosperity of the people whom make both the land and sea the source for their fortune, binding it together.

Oh don't get me wrong I wasn't complaining about the similarity to OTL's Gabon. I much prefer the dark blue. FYI, it is the same shade as the blue for the British Union Jack and is a deliberate nod to Jamaica's time as a colony and later dominion.

Mac Gregor, after much thinking, I decided to entirely scrap my story idea. It was too problematic and you raised issues that were very valid points, and made me rethink the idea.

There were many issues with the whole thing, ranging from the quality of the writing to the very vague backstory, but the thing that killed it in my mind is that it was way too complicated to fix, so I decided to put it out of its misery.

If you want, I will make a ship profile on a Battleship in the British Navy, if you want it.

Mac, how many classes of battleships have been mentioned in TUF? I am sort of creating a new one since there is no SGW/WW2 in the 1940's and the lack of an analogue to the Washington and London Naval Treaties.

Weapon Profile: ZZB-94
Another article courtesy traveller76. Keep them coming.

ZBB-94.png

Name: Model 94 Automatic Combat Rifle /94自动战斗步枪/ 94 Shì
Zìdòng Zhàndòu Bùqiāng (ZZB-94)

Designer: National Defense Corporation/国防公司/Guófáng Gōngsī

Type: Bullpup Assault Rifle

Caliber: 5.4×42 mm

Feed System: 30-round detachable box magazine/80-round detachable drum

Adopted: 1995 by Technate of China

Users: Assam, Bengal, Bhutan, China, Kampuchea, Korea, Laos, Sikkim, Vietnam

Notes: Developed by the Technate of China’s National Defense Corporation, the ZZB-94 has been highlighted in state media as the next generation in small arms design and has become the service rifle for the Directorate of Defense. As of 2000, all member states of the Technocratic Union have agreed to adopt the ZZB-94 and are producing copies under license. A 'civilian sports' model is being exported to several countries around the Pacific Rim, South Asia, and Africa in order to promote Technocratic ideas and gain foreign exchange. The weapon has become popular with many organized crime outfits because of its compact design and easy control when firing. Furthermore, a number of pro-technate Tongs have adopted the weapon in part as a declaration of patriotism.

Mac, how many classes of battleships have been mentioned in TUF? I am sort of creating a new one since there is no SGW/WW2 in the 1940's and the lack of an analogue to the Washington and London Naval Treaties.

I haven't really discussed battleship classes with the exception of the Leviathan class, named in honor of the HMS Leviathan which in 1901 revolutionized warship design with its lethal main battery of 12inch guns. Feel free to use your imagination.

A 'civilian sports' model is being exported to several countries around the Pacific Rim, South Asia, and Africa in order to promote Technocratic ideas and gain foreign exchange.

I don't think that is the case, since I will probably guess the ZZB-94 can easily be converted to military grade and be sent to governments under the guise of civilian sports......

2001? Hopefully no such thing as 9/11 coming up?

Hard-line Islamism is butterflied away so at least there shouldn't be Islamic terrorism. And it seems that even generally any kind of terrorism not be very common.

One question: Has separatist movements gained nuclear weapons on IEF Civil War? Fate of these might be intresting if IEF collapses.