The Union Forever: A TL

Besides Hawaii, what do the US have in the Pacific? Can't wait for the map :)

IIRC, the FSM and Marshall Islands along with Guam and the Northern Marianas, as well as Samoa and French Polynesia.

Yep, metastatis_d pretty much summed it up. Excluding Hawaii, The Pacific possessions are currently divided between the territories of Pacifica and Micronesia. Needless to say they are very concerned about war.

The Caproni-Renault Sagittario I

roughly based on this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Balzac_V
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dassault_Mirage_IIIV

The principal naval fighter of the Marine National and Marina Militare, equip the air component of Risorgimento class aircraft carrier (Italy) and Paris class (France).
There is a land based version and the aircraft had some export success, due to the sturdiness and the capacity of operate in very narrow/short strip of land.

Ansaldo MBT 'Leone' mk.1 and related family of vehicles

based on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OF-40

Initially a simple export oriented project for an economic MBT, it become a great success and as even been bought by the Esercito Italiano in various version

Reggiane Re-90 'cicogna'

based on:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aermacchi_MB-326

An ageing but still functional vehicle, had been exported in various part of the world due to his resistance and simplicity and possibility of continous upgrade.
There is a groud-attack version.

Very nice! I might have to make some changes as Renault and Caproni were founded well after the POD, but I could see the French and Italians selling some of their models to the Indians before the war. Cheers!

I'd like to see something on how small-arms have evolved, with attention to Commonwealth and Japanese developments given how they're two of the three main actors currently (especially since there's been a quick teaser about Japanese rifles up-thread).

I am trying not to get to down into the weeds with the technical details of weapons but I will try and include something in future updates.

Very nice! I might have to make some changes as Renault and Caproni were founded well after the POD, but I could see the French and Italians selling some of their models to the Indians before the war. Cheers!

Thanks.
Yes i understand that due to the PoD the two company can easily being butterflyied away...it's just that their names are so iconic that i cannot resist in using:eek:.

Basically the Turin Pact nations will soon be in the same position of OTL France in the Falkands war, politely (and under the table) asked to stop selling weapons and spare parts to the enemy by the British (and very under the table asked if there is some weakness in their system)

Here is a map of the Pacific as of 1 February, 1977. As shown nearly all of Britain's South Pacific Islands have fallen to the Japanese.

Pacific February 1977 2.0.png

Last edited:
Here is a map of the Pacific as of 1 February, 1977. As shown nearly all of Britain's South Pacific Islands have fallen to the Japanese.

Aw, geez.

The Japanese can’t be happy about the US islands between the home archipelago and the warfront.

On the other hand, this war will end in more US possessions, so I say have at it. :p US states of Ryukyu and Formosa, please!

Aw, geez.

The Japanese can’t be happy about the US islands between the home archipelago and the warfront.

On the other hand, this war will end in more US possessions, so I say have at it. :p US states of Ryukyu and Formosa, please!

America would have to join the war for that to happen.

Asia-Pacific War: India and SE Asia Nov 76 - Feb 77
India and Southeast Asia

November 4, 1976- February 1, 1977

attachment.php

The Frontlines as of February 1, 1977​

The Indian Front

On November 7, the URI launched a massive multipronged offensive involving over 850,000 men in an attempt to capture the important cities of Mysore and Bangalore. Field Marshal MacDougal made the tough decision that the defense of Bangalore should take precedence over Mysore. For the next two months, Indian and Commonwealth forces would clash across the Deccan Plateau. On the outskirts of Channapatna, the largest cataphract battle yet took place. The confrontation witnessed the first recorded deployment of the URI Bagha “Tiger” cataphract sporting an impressive 110mm gun. Outnumbered the Commonwealth was forced to withdraw. Mysore was evacuated on December 2 after a brutal two-day battle. Despite losing his capital, the Maharajah of Mysore Krishnaraja Wadiyar IV pledged to continue the fight against Nanda's URI. Bangalore managed to hold on due to the spirited actions of its defenders and the curtain of fire dropped by Commonwealth bombers. On January 9, an force composed primarily of Irish, Canadian, and East African troops managed to stop a much larger force at Coimbatore brining the Indian offensive to a halt at last. Over the past two months, both sides suffered high casualties. Commonwealth troops were finding themselves desperately short of ammunition from the .303 for the infantry’s Batts-Enfield assault rifles to the 8-inch shells for the howitzers. The URI also experienced supply shortages including a severe lack of fuel due to the blockade.

attachment.php

A B61 Falcon bomber dropping its payload in defense of Bangalore
January 2, 1977​

Burma

With the Indians advancing from the west and the Laotians and Vietnamese from the east Major General Khin Hlaing knew it was only a matter of time before Burma fell. As such, Khin Hlaing did not mount a major defense of Rangoon but instead dispersed his troops into the mountains and jungles. While Compact forces congratulated themselves on finally establishing an overland route between their countries, guerrilla attacks made travel hazardous at best. Khin Hlaing’s forces proved crucial to calling in air strikes many of which were launched from the HMSAS Springbok or the Andaman Islands. To the delight of the Commonwealth, the corporatist powers were forced to keep nearly half a million soldiers and laborers in Burma to deal with the insurgency.

Malaya

On December 2, General Takuma Saito resumed his drive down the Malayan Peninsula. For a week, Siato’s forces tried to penetrate Commonwealth lines and capture Kuala Lumpur. On the eighth day, the Japanese broke through. Despite Commonwealth naval support, Lt. General Sir Garrett Travers realized he could not defend the city, leaving only a rear guard to delay the Japanese. In the ensuing battle, Kuala Lumpur was effectively destroyed with over 80% of the city being burnt to the ground. Elsewhere the news was just as bleak, and Commonwealth forces retreated in the face of superior numbers. By the end of January, the front line was only 80 miles north of Singapore. Travers fully realized that if forced to fall back again, Singapore would be within the range of Japanese artillery entailing the destruction of the city and its inhabitants.

Last edited: