Opening
images (9).jpeg

After 8 years of immense struggle, an attempted Japanese take over of the Pacific territories, and the assasination of William Dudley Pelley, America can now be at peace. At long last, the dove and laurel can now fly freely without the consent of the Tommy Gun. It's dominance over the New World can finally go unchallenged, and will now last for generations to witness and live in their lifetimes. Despite the victory however, the nation is in shambles despite its industry remained untouched. Government corruption, constant struggles between the left and right, and an ineffective ruling council made the nation fall into internal chaos. Even with Moscow's influence extinguished, the Red Front remains high and more willing than ever to take over the White House.

Shortly after Pelley's death, he was replaced by a council of his most trusted associates, called officially as the "Silver Council". This hastily assembled group of individuals ruled over America for 2 years now. And to the perspective of the common man, it is very ineffective. The Council's poor decisions was the reason America struggled at the first phase of the "Pacific War", when Japan attempted to seize America's Pacific holdings to assure Tokyo's domination over the continent. Although Japan eventually backed down in exchange for control of the Philippines, it didn't prevent the population from giving their own comments and opinions. People rioted against the Council, and even the Filipinos felt abandoned by their long time friends in Washington. The country was slowly embarrassing itself in front of the world.

In a last desperate attempt to restore peace to the now fractured nation, the Council finally decides a daring move: a transition to a federal democracy. Restoring the former United States' system of ways was seen as a major threat to the ongoing regime and domination of the Silver Legion of America. While Pelley's most loyal followers protested against this decision, the people actually praised the Council for deciding such a move. The first election in American history since the overthrowing of Roosevelt in 1936. The Electoral College was brought back to the system, and the general elections are set to begin in November 1948. The candidates prepare for the Presidency, and are craving for the seat in the Oval Office. However, it wasn't going to be the most peaceful of elections...

For a citizen outside of the grasp of Washington, America is seen as a pariah, due to the increasing sour relationships between the great powers and the Kalten Krieg on its exposition phase, and the numerous proxy wars beginning to spring here and there. But the true patriotic American always believes: One day, just one day, America will cut wings with Germany and the Nazis, and become the only superpower in the world.

Just like OTL, the late 40s, 50s and early 60s becomes the most scariest parts of the post war American society. It would not be the most disastrous point in its history, but it was the scariest. Just that. The scariest time to be alive.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the The Silver Shines, a product of several concepts posted in the Photos from Alternate Worlds Thread and an an abandoned ASB TL , among others.

Unlike my other timelines, I will actually set an end point for this TL. I'm not sure when yet, but I first plan to end it when it reached the year 2100, or something even further by a bit. Doing a never ending TL is boring, and I tend to lose motivation to continue on with it.

The plan post rate is 1 update at minimum and 3 maximum per week. Although it will depend on my time and motivation on doing entries, as I have another timeline , this one in the Fandom AH Forum, that is still ongoing, and I may be entangled within the two.

Yes, the premise is VERY UNLIKELY and ASB on its standing, but this is just wide imagination, and I'm really curious on a Fascist USA's status after the war.

Of course, we will begin with a prelude to know what's up.

Last edited: