The Right Man for the Job - A Komnenos restoration TL V2.0

1. Egypt, like Sicily, was a, no, the major supplier of grain in the Mediterranean, but how would a Roman reconquest be seen by others? Venice, Jerusalem, Nur-ad Din, Saladin and the Fatimids would clearly not be happy. In Souther Italy and Sicily there were still Greeks and Christians who followed the Greek rite. In Egypt, there are Miaphysite Christians - the Copts, and Armenian and Nubian mercenaries used in the Fatimid army - and the Sunni and Shiite muslims. Were the majority of Muslims in Egypt at the time Shiite, or was it confined to the upper classes like Judaism was to the Khazars?

2. With a surviving Kingdom of Jerusalem, how much territory in Syria and the Levant would the Romans have to control to exert a greater degree of control? As far as Edessa, Aleppo or even Damascus?

3. I might consider having a more powerful Khwarezmian Empire. If there is a Third crusade, would it be more interesting to have them, a Zengid sultanate (not necessarily under Nur-ad Din's son) or even a revitalised Abbasid Caliphate as the 'antagonist'?

4. Most importantly, even if Manuel or his successors decide to reform the Roman government and military, should I make these conquests last?

1. You can establish a Copts Kingdom as vassal like 1.0

2.To Damascus after Third crusade. John I temporarily establish administrate at there

3.Mongol is the best antagonist

4.It can be a long term(like one century)for Byzantine establish direct domination in Egypt,Levant and Cyrenacia

1. You can establish a Copts Kingdom as vassal like 1.0

Looking back on that now, it seems like a lot of effort for little gain, especially for the breadbasket of the Mediterrenean. Besides, Manuel doesn't seem to be the sort of person to do that, especially if he has known success in all his major campaigns so far.

2.To Damascus after Third crusade. John I temporarily establish administrate at there

Okay. Would that lead to an attempt to vassalise or conquer Jerusalem under Manuel's successors?

3.Mongol is the best antagonist

I'm talking about before the Mongol invasions - someone to fight instead of the Ayyubids if there is a Third crusade.

4.It can be a long term(like one century)for Byzantine establish direct domination in Egypt,Levant and Cyrenacia

For Egypt and Cyrenaica, see the top. For the Levant, at least the area control by the crusaders, would it need to be reconquered by the Muslims first?

In addition, I'm also considering a reconquest of Tripolitania, Tunisia and Sardinia, the Vandalic War, after Manuel's death.

Looking back on that now, it seems like a lot of effort for little gain, especially for the breadbasket of the Mediterrenean. Besides, Manuel doesn't seem to be the sort of person to do that, especially if he has known success in all his major campaigns so far.

Make Egypt at first . Then annex when have suitable chance

I'm talking about before the Mongol invasions - someone to fight instead of the Ayyubids if there is a Third crusade.

Fight against Saladin has a feel of epic…… And I know little about other Muslim regime in this era

For Egypt and Cyrenaica, see the top. For the Levant, at least the area control by the crusaders, would it need to be reconquered by the Muslims first?

In addition, I'm also considering a reconquest of Tripolitania, Tunisia and Sardinia, the Vandalic War, after Manuel's death.

I have a idea:let Knight(knights Templar,knights Hospitaller)establish a state in Jerusalem city .Other of Palestine belong to Byzantine.
A Vandalic War sounds great

Okay, this is not an update but a notification that I've rebooted this TL for the third and final time. I've also decided to divert all or most of my attention to this TL. It was the first one I started and I swear I will finish it one day.

My sincerest apologies to all readers. My mind is a neverending jumble of ideas, and a few more have come up concerning what I could have done differently.