Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ficboy

Banned
Let's just say Andrew Jackson takes the limelight.
Alternatively Jackson might make the United States his own dictatorship and reconquer New England and Mishigama thus getting its revenge on Britain once and for all. After all, he is a military general and certainly fits the dictator role.

Last edited:
Alternatively Jackson might make the United States his own dictatorship and reconquer New England and Mishigama thus getting its revenge on Britain once and for all. After all, he is a military general and certainly fits the dictator role.
I mean, he might try but if Britain isn't distracted by something, that war would be about as one-sided as TTL Wo1812. Britain has a vested interest in keeping those places independent.

Ficboy

Banned
I mean, he might try but if Britain isn't distracted by something, that war would be about as one-sided as TTL Wo1812. Britain has a vested interest in keeping those places independent.
Probably. Then again, stranger things have happened in history and Isaac Brock living after the Battle of Queenstown Heights changed the course of the War of 1812 in The Revenge of the Crown.

Last edited:
Probably. Then again, stranger things have happened in history and Isaac Brock living after the Battle of Queenstown Heights changed the course of the War of 1812 in The Revenge of the Crown.
indeed. The future of the USA and Mexico will be interesting.............

One little thing I noticed is that Canada is still called a Dominion. Is there a reason Canada remains a Dominion instead of a Kingdom?

With a weaker US, a much shorter border and more secure British North America wouldn't Canada end up being a Kingdom instead of using the term Dominion as the Americans opposed a kingdom being their neighbour, or at least the British higher-ups assumed they would?

Last edited:
One little thing I noticed is that Canada is still called a Dominion. Is there a reason Canada remains a Dominion instead of a Kingdom?

With a weaker US, a much shorter border and more secure British North America wouldn't Canada end up being a Kingdom instead of using the term Dominion as the Americans opposed a kingdom being their neighbour, or at least the British higher-ups assumed they would?
That would be a spoiler!

Wow, I was not expecting a Bonaparte in the throne. And since it's 1818 there's still time to get another Bonaparte off a certain island. Who knows, maybe Mexican medicine could help him get better...
As to the US, ho boy. It would be interesting if after the collapse one of the states became a protectorate of Mishigama

Wow, I was not expecting a Bonaparte in the throne. And since it's 1818 there's still time to get another Bonaparte off a certain island. Who knows, maybe Mexican medicine could help him get better...
As to the US, ho boy. It would be interesting if after the collapse one of the states became a protectorate of Mishigama
hm, Jose I will be interesting for sure!

who do you think would be a good pm for mexico after Muzquiz?

In his small mansion in Massachusetts, one Joseph Bonaparte was surprised to meet official Mexican statesmen and was even more surprised when they offered him the Mexican throne.

1601795484200.png

Does Sanford face as many problems as OTL Tyler did when he became the first vice-president to succeed a president directly? That was a recurring problem throughout his presidency from what I gather

It looks like New England is getting along with the British swimmingly, though I'm surprised and impressed that they were able to set up both a merchant marine fleet and vessels capable of patrolling alongside the British.

For shits and giggles, imagine the British sells Nova Scotia to New England, and then a new territory named New Cambria gets added to the Commonwealth. You'd have the "Commonwealth of the New Britain", made up of New England, New Scotland, and New Wales.

From your hints about a possible War of Reunification starring Andrew Jackson and the recent developments in New England and Mexico, it sounds like it would go terribly for the US.

Speaking of terrible. We have a country, which was posed to be the next regional power on their continent, lose a war of aggression, lose a decent portion of their land which was split into new countries, had their economy is going down the toilet, all while nationalism and revanchist sentiment is brewing.

It's a good thing that the US is no where near industrialized enough to be able to wage a mechanised war on all of its neighbors at the same time.

I hope that the new Mexican emperor can help modernize the country, form a strong military, and can fortify its borders or it will be the first victim of "Manifest Destiny".

Edit:
It's always great to see an update from you. Hope to read more.

Well he can try but fighting the British New England Mexico and the confederacy means he will need a lot of help not sure any combination of powers has the naval power to provide that