The Raptor of Spain

Awesome map.
But it looked as the Ispañesa is eating the core of the Porto-Galician.

Sadly in this TL it will not be a court language as it was in OTL in Portugal, or of the Culture (secular lyric) as it was in the time of Alfonso X of Castile-Leon, well know troubadour in Galician-Portuguese.
Unfortunately sometimes there is a trade off has to be made. :( The Occitan cultural flowering also was more muted than our time. But at least a few features of Galician-Portuguese will survive in "peninsula standard" Spanish in this timeline where they didn't in ours. I will have to review the notes on Portuguese and Leonese orthography to determine just what though.

I appreciate both of your kind words.

Nice update with Jalal, MNP!

I also mourn the reduction of Portuguese-Galician compared to OTL (hey, at least it looks able to survive). Remind me, is Andalusian supposed to be a Mozarabic stand-in, or closer to "New World" Spanish a la OTL?

I didn't see the languages maps. They are very good, just something that surprised me : there is no Franco-Provençal? It is closer to the langues d'oïl than Occitan.
The update was very interesting, Jalal is very refreshing as a character : ambitious, reckless and intelligent. What will he really achieve?
The Indian merchant is also quite fun : you could use him to present Brasil on his way back. About the Americas, are there other players yet? One could think about Danilott, Saxony, Brittany or Anticollissa to make something there.

Nice update with Jalal, MNP!

I also mourn the reduction of Portuguese-Galician compared to OTL (hey, at least it looks able to survive). Remind me, is Andalusian supposed to be a Mozarabic stand-in, or closer to "New World" Spanish a la OTL?
Closer to Mozarabic, but less Arabized than OTL.

I didn't see the languages maps. They are very good, just something that surprised me : there is no Franco-Provençal? It is closer to the langues d'oïl than Occitan.
It's there, but it is in an area with no clear majority language and so lacks a color. As a growing sense of nationalism continues we might see more political advantage being made of the mixture.

The issue with the New World is that the places you mentioned like Saxony, Brittany etc. are fairly poor and colonies are expensive. They also don't have a surplus of population like England did in OTL, and Ireland does ITTL. However sailors from these places have signed on to the Irish ships (and sometimes the Spanish ones) so this may change eventually. And then there's Francia...

Just caught up with the last three pages or so, MNP. As always, your work is absolutely top rate. :)

Looking forward to seeing what our new Chola adventurer makes of the West. It's a long time since the first one. I wonder how much will have changed?

I was pretty ill for a long time and caught up in other things as well.

I do have drafts written down, if there's interest I'll continue it.

Hope you're feeling better, MNP. And whenever you're up to it, I eagerly await new updates in this, what I consider the best Spain TL on the forum :).

I hope that you are alright now. Of course there is interest! It's (for me) the absolutely best medieval timeline I have ever seen. Perhaps even best ever.

I would definitely be interested in reading the continuance of this. And, of course, I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your illness, sorry to hear about it.

I was pretty ill for a long time and caught up in other things as well.

I do have drafts written down, if there's interest I'll continue it.
Im glad your better now. Boy do I understand health and RealLife issues.

there is certainly a lot of interest here !

Hope you're feeling better, MNP. And whenever you're up to it, I eagerly await new updates in this, what I consider the best Spain TL on the forum :).

What they said. Please continue.