The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

bNsgynB.png

to clear stuff up a bit since western europe will be done first i made a more detailed map to show who will do what i am helping with the RED area!

J.Gouw, the MBAM project is very interesting but as it's for the creation of a new basemap, I'm not sure it's appropriate to post about it in the Q-BAM thread - instead, maybe it should have a thread of its own? :)

New Thread Idea

The idea to put the MBAM on a new thread of its own does sounds good. But one of the reasons it is on the qbam thread is because it uses the qbam as the reference. If everybody is okay with it I will move the project to a new thread.

As far as the border changes go I say look at a map of Belgium and the Netherlands and try to match that border up as best as possible. It seems like most of the border changes are off. But that coast is great.

Update

so I finished the second level administrative units as best I could but if I were to grade it i would give it a 60% accurate rating as a good amount of these lines need to be edited to better meet the correct boundaries. Also I created the M-BAM thread so most of the traffic will be shifted over to it.

Mega Bam Europe Low Countries.png

okey so let. putting the M-Bam aside is anybody wiling to help me finish the T-Bam??

I don't have nearly enough time to help with that right now but I do still have

http://imgur.com/a/Ob69d

Which is Canada (and environs), Russia (and environs) and China (and environs) mapped out precisely in the colour scale (except red replacing white for visibility) of the T-BAM in arc. So, hopefully that's of some use. I actually have a question about the T-BAM though. What's the deal with the vast majority of it being weirdly abstracted? Like, the elevation forms on the T-BAM obviously don't actually look like that. The most gregarious example would probably be Turkey? Is that just a result of roughly eyeballing, using poor resources or is it a stylistic choice?

I don't have nearly enough time to help with that right now but I do still have

http://imgur.com/a/Ob69d

Which is Canada (and environs), Russia (and environs) and China (and environs) mapped out precisely in the colour scale (except red replacing white for visibility) of the T-BAM in arc. So, hopefully that's of some use. I actually have a question about the T-BAM though. What's the deal with the vast majority of it being weirdly abstracted? Like, the elevation forms on the T-BAM obviously don't actually look like that. The most gregarious example would probably be Turkey? Is that just a result of roughly eyeballing, using poor resources or is it a stylistic choice?
yes i know but i am also missing rivers in north america and lots of other stuff it's a nice map but i can't realy use it i fear

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the 1812 map doesn't seem finalized as part or the pacific ocean is missing as well as a few other minor things.

Middle Africa

This is a picture of some of the middle Africa countries district borders as made by Stateless for the M-BAM Project. It is too big for a regular Q-BAM so who ever is willing to update the Modern Q-BAM with the update needs to keep that in mind.

middle africa M-BAM.png

I love those maps. My only problem is the fact that the coastlines on them are that rage-inducing shade of blue...

Though of course you can recolor them.

Last edited: