The Presidency of John F. Kennedy

Isn't Kennedy as likely to die of a disease as Johnson was OTL? His Addison's Disease might be made worse by the great stress he had trying to regulate the Vietnam War and all of the other chaotic issues of the 1960s.

Johnson let himself go after he left the presidency. He used to smoke regularly, but gave it up on his doctor's advice after he had a heart attack while Senate Majority Leader in 1955. Then, on the flight out of Washington back to Texas after Nixon's inauguration (so literally the very first thing he does after leaving the presidency) he lights up a cigarette and resumes his heavy smoking habit.

Johnson let himself go after he left the presidency. He used to smoke regularly, but gave it up on his doctor's advice after he had a heart attack while Senate Majority Leader in 1955. Then, on the flight out of Washington back to Texas after Nixon's inauguration (so literally the very first thing he does after leaving the presidency) he lights up a cigarette and resumes his heavy smoking habit.

ITTL, due to his public humiliation and resignation, I'm pretty sure that LBJ will be dead by 1969, or 1970 at the latest, as a result of self-destructive habits.

Interesting work so far. What's Kennedy's physical condition as he leaves office, if I may ask?

I'm planning on a "Kennedy's Legacy" post at some point which will deal with that. On the whole, he's in decent shape but deteriorating. His Addison's disease pretty much prevents a long and healthy life, but the medical regimen he began shortly before his death IOTL was helping to improve his condition. I believe that Kennedy would have made it through the '70s alive, but with a gradually degrading physical condition.

I'm planning on a "Kennedy's Legacy" post at some point which will deal with that. On the whole, he's in decent shape but deteriorating. His Addison's disease pretty much prevents a long and healthy life, but the medical regimen he began shortly before his death IOTL was helping to improve his condition. I believe that Kennedy would have made it through the '70s alive, but with a gradually degrading physical condition.

And Johnson, is his condition the way I think it is?

Can't wait. Glad to know he won't be forgotten. A big reason I was dragged into history was my interest in the idea of the post-presidency so I'm glad this TL isn't going to miss out on it.

I'm putting this timeline on hiatus for now, while I take care of some stuff in the real world. I'm working on some other projects at the moment, so this has fallen to the bottom of the totem pole.

I'm putting this timeline on hiatus for now, while I take care of some stuff in the real world. I'm working on some other projects at the moment, so this has fallen to the bottom of the totem pole.

Hope the other projects are good. Do return to this though, or at least do a wrap up post.

Found this thread while just browsing through the site, and I must say, AMAZING. An amazingly realistic, believable and well-detailed write-up on Kennedy's presidency were he to have lived! Not dystopic by any means, but also not a breeze of a presidency either!

I hope you return to this someday quite soon! :)

Also, as I keep writing my next post, here's a list of major foreign leaders since the POD:

United Kingdom:
-Sir Alec Douglas-Home (Conservative): 1963-1965
-Harold Wilson (Labour): 1965-Present

Pardon the nitpick- but how did Home make it till 1965? he called an election in 1964 because he was required to do so, as the last general election was in 1965.