The Party at Rick James House: Aka, The day that Disco Died.

The Party at Rick James’ House: AKA: The day that [FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][FONT=&quot]i[/FONT][FONT=&quot]s[/FONT][FONT=&quot]c[/FONT][FONT=&quot]o [/FONT]died, [FONT=&quot]September 2, 1984.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, September 2, 1984[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]KABC NEWS, Los Angeles:

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]“Ladies & Gentlemen we have a breaking story from the Hollywood Hills, the body of a young Black man that was discovered this morning by a local citizen has been identified & confirmed as that of 26 year old pop sensation, Michael Jackson. Mr. Jackson was found on the front lawn of the house belonging to singer/song writer/musical promoter and producer, Rick James. According to the Police a neighbor to Mr. James had claimed to hear screaming emanating from….a,….{[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Is that correct[/FONT][FONT=&quot]?}…..the sounds of screaming from a large banyan tree on Rick James’ front lawn. The neighbor wandered up the driveway and saw what he first believed was a tarpaulin on the front lawn. Meanwhile the man, according to police saw who was screaming from the tree and fled back to his house to telephone the police. Once police arrived and sealed the scene, they were shocked by who was screaming in the tree. Police called animal control and four animal control officers were able to get the….”individual” who was screaming, to climb out of the tree. The individual,….was identified as [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Bubbles Jackson[/FONT][FONT=&quot]”[/FONT][FONT=&quot], and is known to be Michael Jackson’s pet chimpanzee. Bubbles came out of the tree and ran over to the body of Mr. Jackson and began to wail and gently pet Mr.Jackson’s head. The police upon entering Mr. James’ house have refused to comment on the scene that they found within the house itself. Ambulances as well as vehicles from both, L.A. County as well as the Orange County Coroner’s offices are converging upon Rick James’s house; indicating that there may in fact be many dead or injured people still on the grounds of Mr. James’ house. At this time, the LAPD have not only closed the road leading to Mr. James’ estate to all except for those who live in the area, they have also refused to make any other comment except that there are numerous bodies strewn throughout the house and in the back yard of Mr. James’ hillside mansion. We will continue to monitor this tragic story as it unfolds and report upon any news as we receive it.”[/FONT]

“I got up to use the lavatory and I heard this terrible screaming sound coming from up the hill. It sounded like a woman but I couldn’t be certain. Of course I knew that it had to becoming from Mr. James’ house. They had been partying non-stop since Thursday afternoon. I thought that some one was hurt so I got dressed, told my wife to stay here and I walked up the hill to our neighbor’s (Rick James) house. The screaming had stopped before I got to the gate of the driveway. I saw something on the lawn and thought that it was a pink and gold tarpaulin at first. As I got closer I realized that it was a body of a young Black man who was wearing a pair of gold pants and a hot pink spandex shirt. As I approached, the screaming started again. I looked up and I saw that chimp in the tree. I said to myself oh shit! I’m getting the hell outta here! I ran back and called the police. Who would have known that there were so many other bodies in that house.” Statement made by Mr. Ira Stern, Esq., neighbor of Mr. Rick James.

[FONT=&quot]“Ssssseeet! Ah don’t know nuffin’! En Ah gots nuffin’ ta say ‘cept dat , shaw, Eyes at de potty awright. Rick (James) always had da best shit aroun’ ya know what Ahm sayin’? Well Ahh don’t ‘member eberyting but whats Ah can ‘member was dat it was dark outsigh and Ah seen the bitches and hose walkin’ ‘round and what not. An’….Lawd a’Mercy netst thing Ah know’s my rides’ gawn! Now who’d do dat!? Who gawn go an’ take my rides? Dats sum nazty shit right dare Ahm tellin’ ya. Yo,…who be duh gutless Mo-Fo who take a Black man’s ride? Now,…as Ahh was sayin’….uhhh what’s we talkin’ ‘bout? Oh yeah, right. Well den Ahh’s as crazy as a Mutha fucka lookin’ faw my ride. Den Ahh here da dude be askin’ me what’s happenin’? So Ah tell him dat sum mutha-fucka tooks mah ride. So den he remind me dat Ah didn’t drive to Ricks. Ah rode wid the two hoes and [NAME REMOVED]… ..Ah say to my own self…sheeeet mutha-fucka…….my rides still back at da crib so Ah was like….daaaamn ! It’d be mah lucky day! So den, Ah was happy wit my bad seff. But den, all o’ a sudden Ah hears dis loud screamin’. Like a wailin’ or sum kinda shit like dat. Ah be thinkin’ firstly dat…sheeeeeet! One dems lil’ white bitches be takin’s it up she poop-shoe faw da very firs’ time….ya know what Ahm sayin’. But den Ah be walkin’s on the front yard of Rick house and that screamin’ be lowder and lowder and it be still as dark as a mutha-fucka then Ah sees dat it be Mikes (Michael Jackson) monkey, Bubbles. Any who, dat monkey is a sceamin’ mutha-fucka so Ah says ta myself to git da hell away from dat thing befaw Mike monkey start goin’ ape-shit all ova da mutha-fuckin’ place.….ya know what Ahm sayin’? Sews den, as Ah be walkin’ back to the front dough of Rick place Ah trip over sumthin’ dat be lyin’ on da flow (grass). Eyes ‘bout to get pissed when Ah see dat it be Mike. Ah firs’ say ta him, Yo lil nigga! What chew doin’ down dare trippin’ me fo?! As Ah git close ta Mike, dat Bubbles mutha-fucka-monkey start screamin’ lowder den Ah ever hear befaw. So Ah git up and go inta Rick house. Den Ah sees all doze people lyin’ about and what not. But den Ah sees close dat sum dem be dade! Den Ah say ta my seff. Shit! Ah gotta get da hell outta here! But den Ah ‘member dat Ah ain’t got no rides. So den Ah just go an’ go inta a bear-room and close de dough. Ah be thinkin’ dat maybe all dis shit be jes’ a dream. Maybe it be me jes’ trippin’, afer all, Rick always be gibben his frinz some really good shit. So den Ah jes’ figger Ah’ll just lie ‘bout in dis here bear-room ‘til da Poo-leez come an fines me. Hows Ah ta know dat it be Lauren Tewes and [NAME REMOVED] be da two bitches on da flow dat is boat dead frum an OD? Ah ain’t no dockta. Eyes jes’ a potty guest heah at Rick Jame House. Let da Poo-leez handle it. Dats days job,….ain’t it? Sew, Ah got nuffin’ else ta say…..mmm hmmm,…mmm hmmm………[/FONT]mutha-fucka.” Statement from Troy Alvin “Tic-Tac ” Cone, one of the few survivors of the infamous “Party at Rick James’ House.”

“At this time, we have no further comment for the media. Ms. Summer is making her statement now to the Police who are investigating the tragic circumstances that occurred at the residence of Mr. Rick James during the weekend of August 30th-September 2nd, 1984.” Comments made by Mr. Jerome Weinstein, attorney for Miss Donna Summer, a guest and survivor of the party that took place at the residence of Mr. Rick James during the days and nights of August 30th thru September 2nd, 1984 in Los Angeles California.

[FONT=&quot]“ I was a frequent guest at Rick James’ house. I always had a good time there. Rick was always a good host to all of his guests. I can tell you the décor of his house,…I’ve been there many times,..really I have,…he has a statue of a man who pees when you first walk in the house. I’ve been to his house on many an occasion. It was just…..that,…..well,…for some reason , Rick chose not to invite me to that particular party during that weekend in question. My wife and her two girlfriends,….. well, yes, they were there..…but me……....[/FONT]no.” Statement made by Ringo Starr to the press upon leaving the L.A. County Coroner’s Office to identify the bodies of his wife and her two girlfriends who had been found dead at the home of Mr. Rick James.

“I……..just wanted to say……in case any………ONE….was Wonder….ing. That I was NOT there and had nothing! Nothing! NOT……a THING! To do..with…………..THIS![FONT=&quot][/FONT]Statement made and released by William Shatner.

“Sonofabitch! Tommy Mottola is dead! He was at that party for Christ’s sake! Now, what are we gonna do?!”Attributed to the manager of the Village People; aka as the “Beatles” of the Disco Era; 1975-1985.

[FONT=&quot]“Good! Good! Gooood ! That is what happens when you take drugs! Ahh yes! I thought that the air smelled cleaner in L.A. now that all of those….scumbaaags have…..bitten or should I say…..snorted the dust?! Ha, ha! Let’sssss…..be heard!”[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Commentary made by New York’s 77 WABC Radio AM talk show host, Bob Grant upon hearing of the death of so many musicians and performers who died at the Party at Rick James’ house.[/FONT]

“Harry, sweetie, wake up. There’s a call for you from L.A. It sounds serious. Get up honey,…the phone!” Statement recollected by witness who claimed that he was living in a domestic “situation” during the late Summer/early Autumn of 1984 with musical superstar Harry Casey of K.C. and the Sunshine Band when he heard of the deaths of so many of his contemporaries in the music, specifically, Disco genre. [FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]XCERPT TAKEN FROM: THE TRIAL OF MR. HARRY W. CASEY; RE; Statutory rape case # 06754043A7- CASEY-Case# 037814-22-9; Miami District Court, Dade County, Florida, Tuesday, March 12, 1985. Witness: Mr. Leonard C. Olsen, who was 15 years old during the Summer and Autumn of 1984. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Man, this is going to be devastating. So far, the identified dead are Michael Jackson, Tommy Mottola (who hadn't yet joined Sony Records at the time; he was a hot-shot manager whose clients included, among others, John Cougar Mellencamp), Lauren Tewes (this one is really going to set the cat among the pigeons, given her squeaky-clean image on "The Love Boat") and Bond girl Barbara Bach (yes, Ringo Starr is married to a Bond girl). I bet that's just the beginning of the casualty list. The War on Drugs is going to go into maximum overdrive in TTL. (That was a particularly clever touch including Tewes, as OTL she went into rehab for cocaine abuse right around this time.) I suspect it must have been some really, really bad cocaine or some other drug.

# 1 Central Avenue, “The Sand Dunes ”, [ the Summer home of former President, Robert F. Kennedy]

Barnegat Light Boro, Long Beach Island, New Jersey

September 3, 1984

Time: 9:00 AM

[FONT=&quot]“Mr. President, we have a telephone call for you. It’s from…California, again I’m afraid sir.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot] Robert Kennedy looked at his Secret Service man, smiled and then said to him;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] “Thank you Mitchell, and, Mitch, don’t be afraid…..ever.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot] The former President of the United States walked over to his desk and picked up the phone. Despite his advice to his chief of security, Robert Kennedy felt fear building up in his chest.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
“Hello, this is Robert Kennedy. Yes,……mmm, hmm,…..mmm hmm,…yes. Yes. I can confirm that. Yes. Well, I don’t know about that, after all Charlie, you’re the one in California right now. I’m here in New Jersey,…how can I say or, er,..uh. It’s your call right now though. Yes,…..of course. I understand completely. No, Charlie, I won’t hold you responsible. Get some more info-,..no , wait, get confirmation on that Charlie. I want confirmation. No. No, don’t do that. Confirmation Charlie, that’s what I need before I make my next move. Yes, yes,…absolutely. That’s what has to be done then,….then do it. If they give you any heat, let me know and I’ll cover your back in that case then Charlie. Thank you, Charlie. I won’t forget your efforts on my family’s behalf in this sensitive matter. Yes,…I look forward to your call and we will be here until next Sundee before we head back up to Colts Neck. I want to make sure that the house is shut down for Winter. Thanks once again Charlie, er, uh,..goodbye.”

The former president hung up the receiver and took a deep breath. He could feel the trepidation beginning to build. He knew the best way to overcome fear was to face it, head on, attack it, and, as Robert Kennedy had always done, conquer his fear, whatever it may have been at the moment. This time however, he couldn’t make a move until he got the information and confirmation that he needed from his man in California, Charles Wynn. Charles “Win-Win” Wynn had been the President’s campaign manager in California in both the ’72 and ’76 campaigns. Wynn had also been a successful fund raiser for Kennedy. He was also his “go to man” when things got dirty, especially in the ’72 campaign against Vice President John Connally. Kennedy never forgot what had happened to his older brother in his 1960 Presidential run which he and Senator Johnson had at first seemed to win when Vice-President Nixon suddenly demanded a re-count in Chicago. As Eric Sevareid had famously put it;

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
“As goes Chicago,….goes Illinois,….and as goes Illinois,…well,….., Senators Kennedy & Johnson,….. have to concede the race to the Republicans.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
Robert Kennedy wouldn’t forget that defeat. Even worse though was what happened in ’64 when his brother’s campaign and political career were ruined by what happened at his Summer House on Long Island during Easter Break when the bodies of two young women were found in his large pool house. Both of the young women had apparently died of a drug overdose. Everybody whispered that it had to have been a dirty trick from the White House where “Tricky Dick” Nixon held court. Robert Kennedy and his father, Joe Senior, believed differently however. President Nixon did not need to resort to that kind of activity anymore. Being an incumbent president, when the economy of your nation is booming makes your chances of re-election that much greater. Richard Nixon, although not below such skullduggery, was not responsible for what happened to both Judith “Judy” Shapiro, 19, and Amanda “Mandy” Kornblum, 18. With the Senator from Massachusetts bowing out of the race in mid June as the scandal broke wide open, it opened up the field for the scheming Senator from Texas, Lyndon B. Johnson to go and capture the Democratic Party’s nomination in Atlantic City later that Summer. Robert Kennedy suspected but couldn’t prove that Johnson had anything to do with the scandal, but,..he was the only one whose fortunes rose as a result of that scandal and the withdrawal of Senator Kennedy. Of course, in the election that November of 1964, President Nixon was swept back into the White House as his own man this time.

In ’60, Nixon was forced to accept a compromise with the powers that be and remain as the V.P., again while one of the “Good ‘ol boys” from an old Republican family was handed the reigns and was given the nod to lead America into the 1960’s. Many had joked that Dick Nixon was going to be the new John C. Calhoun, that
is, he would become the “Vice-President for life ”. Most people laughed at that title. Richard Nixon did not and when he tried to make light of it, it backfired on him and it made him look “cheap ”. Humor and Richard Nixon, just didn’t mix well together. Then in June of ’63 upon the sudden death of the President, Vice President Nixon took the oath of office for the first time. More importantly, a private investigation paid for by Joe Kennedy Senior proved, that, Johnson’s “go-to-man”, Bobby Baker, had been seen in the area near his older brother’s Long Island summer home and, Bobby Baker flew out of the small Farmingdale Airport that Easter Sunday morning with two other unidentified men roughly around the same time as Bill Garret, the maintenance man and caretaker who lived year around in a small cottage with his wife Ivy and their two daughters, discovered the two young women in the pool house. Robert Kennedy had relied upon Charlie Wynn to ensure that nothing like what had happened to his older brother would happen or, befall him or his family. Mr. Kennedy stood up and called out to his wife who was on the veranda with the kids.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“Ethel! I’m headin’ over to Whites for some groceries. Need anything while I’m there? ”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]His wife answered him; [/FONT]“No, Bob,….we don’t need anything,…..who wants to go with daddy to Whites?”

In an instant, three of the Kennedy’s youngest children and three of their oldest grandchildren dropped what they were doing to get their bicycles to ride with “daddy/gran’pa Bob” to White’s grocery store. As he watched the children get their bikes, Robert Kennedy could feel the trepidation lessen just a little bit. He had felt fear like this before as a young Navy pilot flying his Corsair over the Philippines in 1947 and ‘48. He had faced the enemy (and his fears) over the Philippines and had defeated them both. His only thought now was, that, when he returned from the store, would his fears be waiting to overtake him on the line with news from California?

Last edited:
“Ssssseeet! Ah don’t know nuffin’! En Ah gots nuffin’ ta say ‘cept dat , shaw, Eyes at de potty awright. Rick (James) always had da best shit aroun’ ya know what Ahm sayin’? Well Ahh don’t ‘member eberyting but whats Ah can ‘member was dat it was dark outsigh and Ah seen the bitches and hose walkin’ ‘round and what not. An’….Lawd a’Mercy netst thing Ah know’s my rides’ gawn! Now who’d do dat!? Who gawn go an’ take my rides? Dats sum nazty shit right dare Ahm tellin’ ya. Yo,…who be duh gutless Mo-Fo who take a Black man’s ride? Now,…as Ahh was sayin’….uhhh what’s we talkin’ ‘bout? Oh yeah, right. Well den Ahh’s as crazy as a Mutha fucka lookin’ faw my ride. Den Ahh here da dude be askin’ me what’s happenin’? So Ah tell him dat sum mutha-fucka tooks mah ride. So den he remind me dat Ah didn’t drive to Ricks. Ah rode wid the two hoes and [NAME REMOVED]… ..Ah say to my own self…sheeeet mutha-fucka…….my rides still back at da crib so Ah was like….daaaamn ! It’d be mah lucky day! So den, Ah was happy wit my bad seff. But den, all o’ a sudden Ah hears dis loud screamin’. Like a wailin’ or sum kinda shit like dat. Ah be thinkin’ firstly dat…sheeeeeet! One dems lil’ white bitches be takin’s it up she poop-shoe faw da very firs’ time….ya know what Ahm sayin’. But den Ah be walkin’s on the front yard of Rick house and that screamin’ be lowder and lowder and it be still as dark as a mutha-fucka then Ah sees dat it be Mikes (Michael Jackson) monkey, Bubbles. Any who, dat monkey is a sceamin’ mutha-fucka so Ah says ta myself to git da hell away from dat thing befaw Mike monkey start goin’ ape-shit all ova da mutha-fuckin’ place.….ya know what Ahm sayin’? Sews den, as Ah be walkin’ back to the front dough of Rick place Ah trip over sumthin’ dat be lyin’ on da flow (grass). Eyes ‘bout to get pissed when Ah see dat it be Mike. Ah firs’ say ta him, Yo lil nigga! What chew doin’ down dare trippin’ me fo?! As Ah git close ta Mike, dat Bubbles mutha-fucka-monkey start screamin’ lowder den Ah ever hear befaw. So Ah git up and go inta Rick house. Den Ah sees all doze people lyin’ about and what not. But den Ah sees close dat sum dem be dade! Den Ah say ta my seff. Shit! Ah gotta get da hell outta here! But den Ah ‘member dat Ah ain’t got no rides. So den Ah just go an’ go inta a bear-room and close de dough. Ah be thinkin’ dat maybe all dis shit be jes’ a dream. Maybe it be me jes’ trippin’, afer all, Rick always be gibben his frinz some really good shit. So den Ah jes’ figger Ah’ll just lie ‘bout in dis here bear-room ‘til da Poo-leez come an fines me. Hows Ah ta know dat it be Lauren Tewes and [NAME REMOVED] be da two bitches on da flow dat is boat dead frum an OD? Ah ain’t no dockta. Eyes jes’ a potty guest heah at Rick Jame House. Let da Poo-leez handle it. Dats days job,….ain’t it? Sew, Ah got nuffin’ else ta say…..mmm hmmm,…mmm hmmm………mutha-fucka.” Statement from Troy Alvin “Tic-Tac ” Cone, one of the few survivors of the infamous “Party at Rick James’ House.”

The only place anybody has been represented as talking like this since 1920 or so is in A. Wyatt Mann cartoons.

Since I am here at a computer & have some time, I will explain to those who are interested in this TL, "The Party at Rick James House" (TPRJH). The World of is a continuation of my pre-1900 TL: "Rubber, Revolutionaries, Republicans, and a Young man named Bonaparte, oh my.", to now be called here for my ease of writing; "R3." What I mean is that TPRJH the basis of comes from the way that I changed the world in R3.

I am not going to be rude and impolite to anyone to say to them, if you want to know how and why _______ happened, go and read the entire length of "R3". I would not be that rude or crass to anyone who was nice enough to read my stories. However, there are specific pages that I may mention that have map(s) that may give you a better understanding of how the World is different from OTL.

The Russian Revolution still occurs as it did in OTL.

Colonization of Africa/Scramble for Africa is a bit different. I believe that on the bottom of page 36 of "R3", there is a map of Africa that adheres to the new differences from OTL.

In TTL, the Hawaiian Islands belong to Britain, not the US. The US only has Midway and nearby Kure Island,...that's it.

Will/do the Japanese attack the US Fleet? Yes. Our major naval base, our Gibraltar in the Pacific is at Midway.

As for Guam, Wake.....The Japanese get Wake in the early 1880's.

Also,....there was no Spanish-American War, why? In this TL, 1887-89 the Spanish-Japanese War prevented the US from acquiring the Philippines.
The Philippines are Japanese territory as are the Marianas including Guam.

The Palau Group, Carolines, Marshalls are German until WWI when the Japanese seize them and prevent the Australians (who are an independent Republic as of 1901) from getting there first.

2 B continued......

Continuation now follows;

[FONT=&quot]Continued EXPLANATION OF TTL

Japan defeats Spanish in a naval battle and effectively has won the war since Spain cannot send another squadron to combat the Japanese. (It will later be revealed, [years later] that the British had warned the Japanese via telegraph when the Spanish had steamed past Singapore thus alerting the Japanese to the presence and size of the Spanish Fleet.)

The Japanese invade the Philippines and eventually defeat the Spanish defenders as well as the loyalist Filipinos.
The Spanish, trying to make the best of a bad situation sell parts of the Philippines and other Pacific territories to the Germans before the Japanese can occupy them first.

After the war is over, Germany & Japan go to arbitration with Sweden. The Swedes award the Philippine islands sold to Germany by Spain to Japan. The Marianas Islands including Guam are, however, awarded to Japan. The Carolines, and Palau Group are kept by Germany. The island of Mindanao is a special case. Since there are German troops on Mindanao in large numbers and not as many Japanese troops yet, the Swedes award the western third of Mindanao to Germany along with all of the small islands around the western portion of Mindanao. The Japanese also pay a small token to the Germans.

In the 2nd Sino-Japanese War, TTL, 1890-1894, Japan will conquer and annex Korea. Later, during the later portion of the Sino-Japanese War, the Japanese will invade, subdue, and annex, Manchuria. They will rename it, Manchukuo. They will have this from 1895 onwards.

As for Taiwan, in TTL, they have had “Takasago Koku ” {the Japanese name for Taiwan} since the late 1870’s.
[/FONT]
Japan is much stronger than in OTL as a consequence.

Russo-Japanese War: Japan wins again and gains the lands east and south of the Amur River. The Russians keep Vladivostok and the surrounding areas roughly the size of Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Massachusetts combined. So, this Russian enclave is now surrounded (after 1905) by Japanese territory.

During the Russian Revolution, this area does not rebel. It stays loyal to the Czarist Regime. In 1920-21, a group of thugs take over and rename the area “The Primorsky Republic” its’ capital is Vladivostok. It is a fascist type state, similar to either: Poland, Finland, or Hungary circa OTL 1939. It is recognized by numerous countries including the US, Britain, Japan, etc. Its’ demise comes in October of 1946 when, after the separate peace between Stalin and Japan, the Red Army rolls right in and annexes the country. Needless to say as late as (TTL) September of 1946, the Pacific War has not ended yet. A tired Soviet Union, once it can get Japan to agree to relinquish and return the lands that Russia lost after the Russo-Japanese War, is more than willing to “call it a war” , and end the struggle. In this TL, Germany surrenders in 1945 as per OTL.

A tougher Japan, has some naval victories against the US Navy as well as the Australian Navy that push the date of surrender back by about a year. Without bases in the Marianas, atomic bombs or not, we have no way to send the B-26’s to hit Japan. In TTL, our planes will take off from the Philippines after a brutal fight on the islands in that archipelago. Japan gets bombed twice (again) in October of ’46. They agree to surrender on October 23rd. Ceremony takes place on the U.S.S. New Jersey (the U.S.S. Missouri is at the bottom of the Pacific and is………unavailable) in Tokyo Bay on November 2nd, 1946. However,……the Japanese military and civilian population in the Philippines refuse to surrender. We end up having a massive guerilla campaign from March ’47 until Spring of ’52. We rule the day, they rule the night. We are the victims of mortar attacks, indiscriminate bombings, and worst of all, the symbol of Japanese/Filipino resistance……the use of crossbows. Finally a political solution is made, we agree to evacuate the Philippines. Last DC-10 leaves the Philippines on September 11th, 1952. We’re gone. The Filipinos are as loyal to the Emperor and Japan as the Filipinos were loyal to us in OTL. The difference is that the Filipinos want to remain a part of and in communion with the Emperor.

Machukuo: Japanese since 1895, ethnic Japanese civilians are 78% of the pop of Manchukuo. Soviets never overran the country. In TTL, Japan not only develops radar, they also have a very high quality anti-tank gun which will blunt any Soviet motorized advance. Also gives our Marines more trouble when landing on beaches. Japanese Air Force has 2600-2800 more fighter aircraft than in OTL. Japanese Navy has approx. 85-100 additional submarines, 2-3 more carriers, 2-3 more battleships, 7-10 more heavy cruisers, and approx. 35-40 more lighter combat ships. Also, U.S. cannot break the Japanese codes during the course of the war. In this version of WWII, the Japanese also capture Australian bases in the Solomons where the Australians have developed a secret {not nuclear nor chemical} weapon system that will greatly help the Japanese in combating the US. The Australians will not tell the US about the system until after the war is over since only the top branches of the Australian Navy even know of its existence.

During Soviet invasion in 1945-46, Japanese plan to destroy earthen dams built in early 20th century. In June of ’46, a series of earthen dams are destroyed, and the flood waters obliterate four Soviet mechanized divisions, two Armored Divisions and thousands of artillery and above all trucks. Goes a long way to making Stalin realize that he cannot conquer and annex the prize of NE Asia: Manchuria. Manchuria remains Japanese. Upon surrender to Western Allies, Manchukuo is occupied by US forces, no resistance.

In 1950, after finally understanding how American’s think, the Japanese leadership in Manchuria sets up a democratic gov’t. This makes the US smile. In 1953, Chiang Kai-Shek calls for help in fighting Mao. Pres. Eisenhower is reluctant but gives into the Joint Chiefs. US forces in Japan itself, Korea, and Manchuria are sent to help Chiang. Behind the scenes, Japan lets Mao (who occupies China north of the Yellow River to the Great Wall, the boundary with Manchukuo) know that they will not move. Mao also knows that the US forces in Manchukuo will not attack from Manchukuo.

In May of 1954, the Republic of Manchukuo joins the U.N. We pull out of Manchuria and Korea by late 1954 to go help Chiang. Korea, (Chosen) chooses to reunite with Japan. In late 1955, the people of the Republic of Manchukuo vote in favor of re-establishing communion with the Emperor. Ike throws up his hands in frustration. Chiang’s Kuomintang Army is at it again by not fighting while we are doing all of the fighting against Mao. We pull last troops out of the Republic of China by September of 1956. Ike says good riddance to Manchuria and Chiang. Manchuria retires, permanently, from the U.N. The Philippines vote to rejoin Japan. The Japanese apologize to the U.S. but there is nothing that they nor we can do about it since the people of Manchuria and Korea have voted…have voted, just like you’re supposed to do in a democracy, to rejoin Japan. The Japanese smile and say: So sorry. Ha, ha, ha! Round eye! You ruze! We win! Ha, ha! You stupid..….and faaat too! Also Dumb! Ha, ha, ha!

In May of ’57, the “Japanese Federation” is proclaimed. So, Japan has lost the war, kept the Emperor, returned Russian territory, kept all of Sakhalin Island & the Kuriles, as per the deal with a tired Soviet Union, and…gets all of its’ territories back by the ballot box instead of by the bullet…..and……has…..won…..the…..Peace.

Germany: One big change, VI Army escapes from Stalingrad. 185,000+ men escape to serve the Führer another day. However, these nearly 200,000 men have lost all of their equipment. To re-equip them with everything from boots to helmets and everything in between puts a tremendous strain on Germany. The Germans fight a protracted fighting defense against the Soviet Union. Long story short, when the war ends in Europe in June of 1945, Americans are in Berlin, Breslau, Prague, Vienna, Buda (but not Pest), Stettin, and Posen (Poznan). On V-E Day, the Soviets are in Lodz, Poland but no further. Two weeks later, Soviet and US forces meet in Western Poland. Germany is never divided. East Pomerania and Prussia are awarded to Poland. Silesia remains German. The divided country in Europe? Hungary. There is a: West Hungary, capital, Buda. East Hungary {The Democratic Republic of Hungary} capital, Pest. Becomes the setting of the Cold War dramas.

How did this happen? Stalin, who unlike in OTL was risk adverse outside of the Soviet Union, decided to gamble. He threw snake eyes twice. 1st mistake, in late Summer of ’44 he tries to “Liberate” Greece, a neutral throughout the War in TTL. As his mech. columns try to advance through the narrow mountain roads from Bulgaria to Greece, all of a sudden, hundreds of “Greek” Spitfires and Hurricanes attack his columns. The air attack by the “Greeks” (I say, good show there old man; rather smashing of us wasn't it? What?) ends the Soviet invasion into Greece.

Stalin’s 2nd mistake in TTL. In October of ’44, he orders several divisions to go and assist the Communists in Yugoslavia. Problem. The Yugoslav Reds (led by Tito), are anti-Soviet. The Reds who are pro-Soviet have already been defeated by Tito’s forces before the Soviets arrive. When the Soviets arrive in Belgrade, they are surrounded in the hills by Tito’s armies and they are not welcome. Over 150,000 Soviets are trapped in Yugoslavia. Tito lets them retreat but without any armor, motorized vehicles, or heavy artillery.

Consequences? By gambling, Stalin misses the big prize….Berlin. Wehrmacht stabilizes fronts in Hungary and Poland. Germans happily surrender to Western Allies. After “Battle of the Bulge” , German resistance in the West folds. Hitler dies on May 2nd of a stroke. Goering assumes command in Berlin. Agrees to terms from Allies. Goebbels accompanies the body of der Fuhrer on his last journey through Germany to Leipzig, Nuremberg, Munich, and Linz before the remains and coffin of Adolf Hitler disappear. Millions of Germans turn out as the last macabre scene of the Third Reich unfolds; the funeral service(s) for Adolf Hitler. Hundreds of thousands of German women of all ages are seen and filmed & recorded in technicolor, uncontrollably crying in Nuremburg, Munich, & Linz during the services and viewing of the Fuhrer's remains. "Hitler's Funeral ", May7th-23rd, 1945, is Dr. Goebbels final masterpiece of theater. In each afore mentioned city, hundreds of thousands of citizens turn out to see the trains and airplanes that are
used to carry Hitler through Germany for the last time. Tens of thousands go to the venues where Dr. Goebbels has the coffin of the Fuhrer on display. Dr. Goebbels claims himself as the heir of Adolf Hitler and refuses to surrender to Allies and calls for continued resistance. All Wehrmacht personnel sent east. US & British accept Goering as legitimate leader and deal with him rather than the "doctor". Other probs, Stalin is now not trusted. What he will do with Japan (separate peace) solidifies this belief with the Western Allies (U.S., U.K./Commonwealth, & Australia {independent since 1901 in this TL}).

Italy: In 1938 Benito Mussolini invades Albania. Several weeks after his invasion, Yugoslavia declares war. The “Italo-Yugoslav War” drags on until June of ’42. Slovenia is taken by Musso and a puppet is put in power. Weeks later, Slovenian puppet is overthrown by a pro-German puppet. The Fallschirmjäger begin parachuting in hours after Mussolini’s puppet has been overthrown. Needless to say, Italy cannot do anything about it. Relations between Hitler & Mussolini sour terribly. Italy won’t forget what Germany did. Croatia is taken by Musso and becomes a battlefield.

What saves Italy? Surprisingly the Italian air force (not the Regia Aeronautica since in TTL, the Emperor/King was deposed in 1917 during WWI.). The Italian Air Force will prevent the Yugoslavs from maneuvering on the battlefields and give Italy air superiority. By 1940, Italy’s normal friend and supplier, Britain is in the fight for its life and cannot supply Italy. That year, 1940, a flashback to WWI takes place as bi-planes are seen over Croatia and Bosnia as both Italy & Yugo. have run out of parts for modern monoplanes. Stalemate ensues. Italy sets up puppet in Croatia. In 1942 Yugo & Italy sign armistice.

Results? Yugo civil war erupts, eventually it becomes Communists vs. Communists in Yugo. Other result? Italy sits out WWII! Musso holds onto power by utilizing a brutal secret police. Italy’s economy is creaking along. No petroleum. No coal. No trade due to war. Only way out? In September of ’44 US approaches Il Duce. Deal is arranged. Italy joins Allies in late March of ’45. In December of ’44 Italy gets loads of supplies, food, fuel, trucks, olive-green uniforms, steel-pots etc. US troops begin arriving in late January of ’45. Facilitates US troops getting to Buda, Prague, even Krakow, Poland by end of May ’45.

Italy and Mussolini have survived WWII by being in the right place at the wrong time. US forces Musso to relinquish Albania in June of 1946. King Zog returns, gets deposed & replaced by hardline Communist Enver Hoxa in October of 1947. Hoxa rules the unusual hermit like nation until his death in 1991. For being a “good-boy”, the US arranges for Italy to join the United Nations. Fascist Italy joins the U.N. in October, 1947 just as King Zog is being overthrown. Mussolini now looks like he was the right man to hold onto Albania. US has egg on its’ face as a result of Communist take over in Albania.

As a consequence, the US insistence that Italy pull out its troops and support of Fascist Croatia melts away. Italy releases its’ Croatian puppet only in 1959 when it is strong enough to stand on its own. Croatia remains semi-Fascist and a close ally to Italy; it joins NATO in 1960. In 1948, natural gas is discovered in Libya. In ‘49/’50 Sunoco & Standard Oil arrive and begin drilling in November ’49. Italian economic miracle begins in Feb ’51. Italy becomes the major oil exporter in Europe. Massive Italian emigration to Libya between 1949-1957. Tripoli becomes a huge metropolis by 1961; Benghazi by 1964, Misrata by 1965, and Sirte by 1968. Ten million Italians are living in Libya by 1960. Anti-Communist, Fascist Italy joins NATO in May, 1955. Italian economy and standard of living surpass Britain by Autumn of 1956. Only Germany’s economy is stronger than Italy’s. The third strongest economy in 1958 in Europe belongs to,….

France: France was “bad” in TTL. As per “R3”, France in 1939-40 was a constitutional monarchy. The man on the throne is Napoleon Albert Eugene Bonaparte. The oldest son of Napoleon IV and the Empress Beatrice, the youngest daughter of Victoria & Albert. France surrenders in June of 1940 as per OTL. In Oct of ’40 Napoleon V flies to the U.K. ala Rudolf Hess (who will do the same thing). He’s first treated as a celebrity by the press & even addresses the Parliament. Only Churchill is not amused. Nap Albert wants Britain to end the fight and join Hitler in a crusade against Bolshevism. Churchill has Nap V. confined to Camden Place, Chiselhurst, outside of Greater London for the duration of the war. Meanwhile, Nap V’s heir, Nap VI has done what over 200,000+ Frenchmen have done…..volunteer to combat Bolshevism and drive the Commies over the Urals into Asia. Vichy France never declares war against the USSR; the nearly 360,000 French soldiers who serve in Russia are volunteers for the Wehrmacht . The French serve under their own officers who are subservient to senior German officers until the end in 1945. Napoleon VI will survive the war, as will his father, (but he will never become Emperor) and be among the tens of thousands of French troops who happily surrender to American forces in Hungary in May of 1945. This is how & why the German VI Army was able to escape. With 120,000 well armed French soldiers holding the lines (instead of weaker Italian & Rumanians) the Soviet attack is blunted.

How else is France “bad” in TTL? When the Anglo-Allies invade North Africa in July of 1943, the French Vichy gov’t declares war on the Allies and joins the “NEW ORDER”. There is no Axis, Italy never joined. Musso and Hitler are on similar terms as were Franco & Hitler as per OTL. Results, 38,383 American deaths in North Africa from the French Army as well as the local milicia, which America won’t forget. Stiffer resistance to the Allies in 1944-45. Very little help from French civilians. De Gaulle will become savior to France. His presence prevents Allies from being too harsh to France. De Gaulle will lead French troops in the liberation of France. France will be occupied like Germany but with De Gaulle around, U.S. occupation becomes “lighter” and more like an….”ally” who…just happens to have bases on French soil,…because,….”we are “allowing” them to remain here because,…we……..like the Americans. But they’ll leave when we (De Gaulle) order(s) them to do so!

However, France does not get a seat on the Security Council of the UN. Due to US pressure, the Bonapartes are out. Also, France is not allowed to return to Indo-China. Ho Chi Minh, a confirmed ally, unlike France, helped downed US pilots in WWII & fought the Japanese. He’s rewarded by getting independence, guaranteed by Uncle Sam. {No Vietnam War for us! But, don’t worry, we will be fighting someplace tropical in the 1960’s.}. Uncle Ho becomes the “Tito” of S.E. Asia, Communist,….yes, but with a s-m-allc”, that the United States can overlook, particularly since most Americans won’t even know where Vietnam is on a map until after the 1980’s! As for French (De Gaulle) carping about not helping against the Soviets in the Cold War if we dismantle their empire, the US calls the French (De Gaulle's) bluff. The US, however, does not touch any part of the French Empire except for Indo-China.

The 4th Republic starts in late 1947 & falls in 1952ish. Marshal De Gaulle steps up to save France in 1953ish….forms the 5th Republic…..gets elected in ’54 for a six year term….re-elected every election year, last term is from 1972-78 when he retires. Dies in TTL in 1981 at age of 90, (gets ten more years than in real life). Algeria is French and will remain so. People of European descent are the majority of the population of Algeria. French people are 75-80% of the population of Algeria by 1940. Another 5-10% are ethnically mixed French {usually from the father’s side}/Arab {almost always the mother’s side}. As France develops in the post WWII era, Algeria will go from being the “Georgia-Alabama-Mississippi, & Texas” of France to becoming the “California ” of France with cutting edge technology, aeronautics industry, modern infrastructure, space port {in 1968}, housing development, air conditioning everywhere, television & movie industry, somewhat more politically liberal and progressive than it had been, farming & agriculture replaced by modern manufacturing etc.

[FONT=&quot]Netherlands[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: [/FONT]In TTL, the Dutch are much more economically and militarily powerful than in OTL. How are they more wealthy? As per “R3”, the Dutch have eclipsed & surpassed the British & French (by 1911) in producing & becoming the World’s premier source of rubber. This combined with petroleum, tin, and other minerals give the Dutch more power and profits. Also, they sit out WWI and greatly profit by supplying both sides until late 1918. The Dutch East Indies Fleet is larger than OTL. They have 1 aircraft carrier by 1935 converted from an old battle cruiser. They have a much larger navy located in the Dutch East Indies. When Japan declares war against the Western Allies (excluding the USA) in October of 1940, their first target is not just the D.E.I., but the Dutch East Indies Fleet. During the naval battles, the IJN destroys the D.E.I. Fleet at the “Battle of the Java Sea”, the “Battle of the Celebes Sea ”, and the “The Battle of the Arafura Sea”. The Dutch also, as per “R3” have the island of Madagascar, in equatorial Africa they have OTL Rio Muni which they purchased from Spain in 1891, they rename it “Nederlands Kameroun”. The Dutch will be the last of the mean, tough, ugly, unrepentant, colonialists. They will fight in the Dutch East Indies until 1962 when they partially throw in the towel. They will hold onto the area around Batavia on the western end of Java. It will be called; “The Batavian Captaincy”. The Dutch will finally withdraw from Java in 1969. Between 1962 and 1969, the Indonesian Archipelago becomes the site of dozens of mercenary armies and groups fighting for control of: islands, parts of islands and other strategic areas. Mercenaries from several European countries plus Australia, the U.S. (C.I.A. “groups”), the USSR (K.G.B. “groups”), and….the “Japanese Federation”, {after 1958}, will make and keep Indonesia not only a battleground, it will provide an excellent place for int’l arms dealers and several countries armaments industries to make handsome profits well into the 1970’s. The Dutch will grant Madagascar its’ independence and leave on good & friendly terms in 1970. There is no reason for the Dutch to fight in Madagascar since it is not a profitable colony, so that’s why they are willing to leave without fighting for it. As for Dutch Guiana{rubber, bauxite, gold, timber} and Nederlands Kameroun{rubber, minerals,petroleum, petroleum, and…more petroleum}, the Dutch will fight a brutal & bloody colonial war against the locals before finally retiring in 1974-75. With a cessation of American aid in 1973, due to a new presidential administration coming in after 1972, the colonial wars in Africa and elsewhere begin to wind down.

Belgium: The war in the Congo goes from 1958 until 1965 in TTL. A socially conservative gov’t, combined with a friendlier US wages a successful war in the Congo. In early ’64, it looks like the Congolese rebels no longer have time on their side as the Belgians & their American and Afrikaaner allies [both countries not only provide weapons and supplies but, tens of thousands of volunteers especially the Afrikaaners.] have been able to cut off Soviet airdropped supplies (originating in Egypt, a Soviet ally & friend.). But, as the result of an election in late 1964, as well as war weariness, the Belgian Social Conservatives are shocked as they are defeated at the polls by a left-leaning, anti-war coalition. Once elected, they make bold steps to end the war and begin immediately to grant the Congo its’ independence. The Congo becomes independent from Belgium on January 1st, 1966. American aid is driven by a much stronger anti-Soviet sentiment, as a consequence, the US reverses its’ int’l policy from OTL and assists the European colonial powers to fight the rebels. The USSR helps the rebels.

Portugal: Much the same as OTL except that when colonial wars in Africa begin, the U.S. provides much more military aid {including volunteers from the US Army}, to help the Portuguese fight in Africa. The Portuguese will brutally subdue the rebels in Guinea by 1964, in Fernando Po?, by 1963. But then in 1972-73 the Portuguese will be on the verge of victory over both Angola & Mozambique, when the US cuts military aid and Salazar dies. Coup happens shortly after Salazar’s death and the new gov’t in Lisbon decides to grant independence to its’ African possessions. By 1975, (as per OTL), the Portuguese are gone from Africa.

The U.N. Four Permanent Members: 1) United States, 2) United Kingdom, 3) despite breaking his word and pissingoff both #1& 2
[FONT=&quot], the U.S.S.R., 4) The Republic of Australia. The “fifth” seat on the Security Council is a “revolving seat”. Members get the 5th seat for a 90 day term before giving it up to another member. Four diff countries are in the #5 seat per year. The first temporary seat occupant: Canada.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]What happened to Nationalist China? If you think Stalin pissed off the Western Allies…….Chiang Kai-Shek in TTL threatened to throw up his hands to the Japanese several times so he could go fight Mao instead. U.S. notes that the Kuomintang Army is notorious for not showing up for battles and sometimes seems to be helping the Japanese when it suits them. China is not invited to be a permanent member of the U.N. Eventually a permanent 5th seat will be offered to of all people, Mussolini. Why? Oil makes money and oil profits make many a head turn and forget that Italy is a Fascist nation. Only a veto from the Soviet Union will prevent Italy from getting the 5th seat on the Security Council.

[/FONT]
If I have forgotten any country; ie; Great Britain, Australia, U.S.A., Mexico, Israel, Brazil, South Africa, China, the status of what became of French West Africa, Hong Kong, etc, and you are wondering about any one of those or any other countries, please ask me & I will fill in/answer your questions.

All of this is really just to give you, the reader, some background info on the World in TTL. This TL, however is not just about California, Cocaine, Disco, or Rick James. This TL is really about an alternate United States of America. Another change in this TL is that the USA remained out of WWI due to social upheaval in the time between 1915-1917, ie., riots, strikes in the USA. Also, I forget if I already mentioned it but we do not possess Hawaii. Hawaii was a British colony until 1970. At the very least, this butterflies away "Hawaii 5-0" :eek:.

Last edited:
Los Angeles Police Department, Homicide Bureau

September 4, 1984

Time: 8:15 AM

"Good morning Ned, how are you feeling today?" Detective Ned Anderson looked up and slowly answered his partner, James "Jimmy" Shaw. "Shitty, Shaw, Shirley's sure shattered by the news. She loved that "Julie" on the "Love Boat" on ABC. As for the kids, they were cryin' like babies when they heard about that Jackson kid." Young detective Jimmy Shaw slowly nodded at Ned's response. Ned's wife, Shirley was devastated, as were millions throughout the country at the news of the deaths of so many celebrity's from the worlds of television, movies, and music. There were vigils throughout southern California as well as many other states where many of these people, both the famous and well known as well as the relatively unknown had hailed from. Detectives Anderson & Shaw were one of several teams of detectives who had the unsavory assignment of going over and examining what had happened to all of the dead party goers at Mr. James' house, mansion really. All of the bodies had been removed and it had taken the better part of two days to remove them all, there were so many. Before any corpse had been removed however, dozens of full color photographs had been taken to show where the exact locations of each of the dead were. The L.A. Police had also gone in with two separate movie cameras and filmed each and every room, hallway, and closet within the house as well as the grounds of Mr. James property before any one of the bodies were removed. "Say Ned, before we head up to the house, what say we stop and get a bite. I don't think that I can bring myself to eat anything after we leave that house." Ned looked at his young partner and replied; "Ya know what Jimmy, I think if I eat something first and then go up there again that I'll contaminate the crime scene, so maybe we'll just hafta skip gettin' a bite or drink of anything today. How's that sound?" Detective Shaw nodded his head in agreement with his partner. With that, the two detectives made their way out into the parking lot with the intent of taking that long, drive up to Rick James' house into the hills overlooking Los Angeles.

______

Last edited:
The White House, Washington D.C.

Sunday, March 27, 1938

Time: 7:30 AM

The news was not good. The secretary raced through the corridor to reach Mr. Hopkin's office. As the secretary arrived, Mr. Harry Hopkins exited his office and quickly took the papers from the young woman's hands and gave her very terse and curt; "Thank You". Harry Hopkins read the message and was horrified by what the hand written note said. He immediately went and sat back down behind his desk. It was supposed to be a relaxing Sunday morning, yet it was anything but.
[FONT=&quot]Hopkins had to think both fast and decisively. This was an impending disaster for not only America but, the New Deal. Hopkins picked up the phone and had the operator place a call for him. He waited patiently before calmly telling the operator to forget it and that he’ call back later. As he hung up the phone Hopkins let go with a very determined; [/FONT]Goddamit![FONT=&quot]. Hopkins’ frustration was that he knew that anyone whom he tried to call this early on a Sunday was either in Church or on his way to Church. He wasn’t going to be able to reach anybody via the telephone whatsoever until maybe 11:30 or twelve noon-time today. Hopkins reached into his pocket and pulled out a cigarette. Meanwhile he began checking off the small checklist of important people that that he knew that he had to contact.

[/FONT] Hopkins had started making that emergency checklist just before 6:00 AM when he was informed of the disaster and tragedy that was appearing to unfold before his very eyes. The doctors had informed him that the President would recover, but they didn’t know when. More importantly, they weren’t sure and could never be sure of how complete that recovery would be. The First Lady, Eleanor Roosevelt was in San Francisco this weekend attending a lecture series as well as a concert to raise money for the liberal minded organizations that she had a strong sympathy for. So far, the First Lady, like all of the others that Mr. Hopkins and his secretary had tried to contact had still not answered their phones. Hopkins crushed out what was left of the cigarette that he had just sucked down and was reaching for another one when his telephone rang. It was from the President’s doctor. Harry listened closely to everything that the M.D. said to him. Hopkins swallowed hard as the words passed through his ears and into his brain. His consciousness almost went numb as he heard the doctor say words like; “disorientation”, “slurred speech”, “confusion”, “inability to stay focused”. What this all meant to Hopkins was two tragic things for America: First, it meant that the Commander-in-Chief had suffered a minor stroke. Secondly, and more ominously, it now meant that the United States was looking down a precipice, down the barrel of a gun, or even down a deep, dark West Texas well. Hopkins thought long and hard of how they could keep the president’s condition quiet. For Harry Hopkins did not want to lie, for he was a man of truth and honor. But, he now knew what the United States of America was facing……the Presidency,…..of John Nance “Cactus Jack” Garner.

[FONT=&quot]______[/FONT]​

Last edited: