The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Ethopian 2nd level subdivisions.
Notes:
1. I used the Q-BAM as a reference.
2. I moved Lake Tana 1 pixel higher because it was more accurate that way.
3. I couldn't fit some of the smaller subdivisions, but this map still contains most of the subdivisions.

View attachment 903272
Hey, you actually used my WorldA as reference!, this makes me so glad, I had no idea that people actually ended up liking my idiosyncratic map-making!, including the "red dot-country color-red dot-country color-repeat" thing when making disputed territories and territorial claims, and bear in mind that the WorldAs that I made look very normal, my 8K and 2K-BAMs look completely different from the vanilla ones, I am sorry but I just cannot tolerate the coastlines that come with them, they hurt my eyes lol.

Just a question, which particular map did of mine did you use as a base?, because the one from Bush vs. The Axis of Evil (which is the closest to OTL, and features insurgencies from Yeast Cartography's up-to-date OTL Q-BAM on DeviantArt) has a different color scheme for Eritrea (I changed it because it was too similar to Cameroon and Tunisia), and does not features Puntland as a part of Somalia, since they de-facto declared independence from the Mogadishu federal government just a few months ago.

Edit: Did you use the map series I made for The Death of Russia?, because if so, they are extremely outdated, as a result, I think that I will eventually do a complete revamp of that map series next week.

Last edited:
View attachment 903219
Is this better? I think it's better.

also that'd be cool, but most of the second level divisions are to tiny to represent on this scale and I don't really want to represent some and live others out (you could argue thats what I'm doing with the autonomous prefectures but at least they have a distinct legal status)
1714211166258.png

I've done an attempt on the Prefecture-level cities of China, specifically of Heilongjiang, Jilin, Liaoning, Hebei, Shanxi, Shaanxi, Gansu, Ningxia, and Qinghai.

Last edited:
Update:
1714223749981.png

Fixed Heilongjiang, added the other provinces. The only areas that cannot be properly drawn are the core Pearl River Delta (excluding Zhaoqing, Jiangmen, and Huizhou), and one Prefecture-level city in Henan.

1714329186173.png

hello hello hello, this cover isn't dead!
i wanted to post with more things, but i also wanted to share this so yeah
next patch will add the rest of the americas

Last edited:
What's that tiny state in the southwest of Guatemala?
Ejército Guerrillero de los Pobres, a far-left rebel group. It isn't really a state, but since it is technically a claimant to the government of Guatemala, I have decided to show it as a state (albeit with a different border color than internationally established borders or disputed borders between actual states)
Speaking of which, I am aware that I need to fix the border color issue asap, most likely with other shades of dark gray as I dislike the usage of red as a disputed border color - especially when there are already red colored countries. So please consider that issue already fixed.
P.S. this is a 1975 map, such a rebel group doesn't exist today.

Last edited:
It looks like it's the Department of Quiche, though it shouldn't be shown as independent or even autonomous as it has the same status as the rest of the Departments of Guatemala.
Also, not saying it because of this, but saying it for the future, all mistakes are inherited from the map I am covering, so you can direct your (future) complaints to Boris himself

Also, not saying it because of this, but saying it for the future, all mistakes are inherited from the map I am covering, so you can direct your (future) complaints to Boris himself
The guy's been banned from here, so you could probably reach out to him directly on DeviantArt.

Ejército Guerrillero de los Pobres, a far-left rebel group. It isn't really a state, but since it is technically a claimant to the government of Guatemala, I have decided to show it as a state (albeit with a different border color than internationally established borders or disputed borders between actual states)
Speaking of which, I am aware that I need to fix the border color issue asap, most likely with other shades of dark gray as I dislike the usage of red as a disputed border color - especially when there are already red colored countries. So please consider that issue already fixed.
P.S. this is a 1975 map, such a rebel group doesn't exist today.

Do/did they actively control territory, because if not they should absolutely not be shown and if so they shouldn't be shown as a separate country.

No idea who that is.

Do/did they actively control territory, because if not they should absolutely not be shown and if so they shouldn't be shown as a separate country.
1) Yes
2) It's my cover/my style, if you are upset about that you can always edit the map in an image editor.

2) It's my cover/my style, if you are upset about that you can always edit the map in an image editor.

Dude, you don't need to be snippy about it, you just literally said you were basing it on a other map and mistakes came from said map, ergo I was pointing out what would be a very obvious mistake under most of the ways people here have traditionally done maps.

I am sorry for being snippy, I acted with prejudice, I am sorry.
About the actual part - at least it isn't shown with a border color that is the same as international border color (anymore), but instead with a lighter one I plan to make the "rebel/quasi-state border" color (kinda like your civil war patches, that's where I took the idea from:))

I am sorry for being snippy, I acted with prejudice, I am sorry.
About the actual part - at least it isn't shown with a border color that is the same as international border color (anymore), but instead with a lighter one I plan to make the "rebel/quasi-state border" color (kinda like your civil war patches, that's where I took the idea from:))

Apology accepted.

That's a good idea, to be honest I've actually changed how I show internal stuff quite a bit overtime, originally I used the color I use for colonies, but then changed it since it was confusing given I used that color for the Israel-Palestine border, then I used the autonomous region color, but then there's to many actual autonomous regions that it could be confused with; the current color I use for the Civil Conflict borders is actually my 'Imperial Border's' color, that is the border that's used between polities with very soft levels of autonomy that are part of the same empire, ex. border between a Protectorate and a Colony or a Dominion and integral territory.

Last edited:
My system is this as of now:
Very dark/almost black colors for coastline, map border and undisputed international borders
Dark gray colors for disputes borders and lines of control (such as rebel groups)
While borders between non-integral parts of an empire (for example the African protectorates of Britain) would be shown with a very dark shade of that country's color (in the case of those colonies, a very dark crimson as Britain itself is crimson in my coloring style)