The NextGen OTL Worlda Series

Could I perhaps bother you good folks to put together a good map of Cnut's empire at somewhere around its height
1645315989739.png

Here

Also, just in general, I want to say you guys have been doing so much to add to the useful maps we have; several years ago I was already certain the worlda (and to some extent QBAM) collective was perhaps one of the most accurate sets of historical maps ever made, to the point it might well be our long-term community legacy, and you guys just keep making it better every day. Thanks for the efforts.

Also, just in general, I want to say you guys have been doing so much to add to the useful maps we have; several years ago I was already certain the worlda (and to some extent QBAM) collective was perhaps one of the most accurate sets of historical maps ever made, to the point it might well be our long-term community legacy, and you guys just keep making it better every day. Thanks for the efforts.
Honestly I'm just trying to keep the worlda alive, given most people don't really use it anymore after the boom in basemaps a few years ago split efforts. Then most of the people who used worlda a lot burnt out, leaving like nobody making them anymore.

I'm assuming this is right before the trail of tears?
Yes.

They're one of several sets of borders I tend to use a lot in ATLs for various reasons, and are a regular fixture of my personal borderpool-type maps, and one of the few bits I usually have to make from scratch.

Honestly, I've been using exclusively QuarterBAM ever since that scale came out. It's such a nice compromise for a compact map while still giving detail.
I've never really liked the Quarterbam for anything other than it's easy translatability from QBAM. I just can't get the same atmosphere from a Quarterbam.

personally, i use Worlda as the standard, even when i'm making a completely fictional world like my Pangaea setting, (basically no relation to the supercontinent :p) but am intending to use the larger map formats for a sort of picture-in-picture feature to better display countries that would just be specks on Worlda

personally, i use Worlda as the standard, even when i'm making a completely fictional world like my Pangaea setting, (basically no relation to the supercontinent :p) but am intending to use the larger map formats for a sort of picture-in-picture feature to better display countries that would just be specks on Worlda
Really that's the best option. Just make sure to draw the borders in Qbam / whatever else is being used first.

Really that's the best option. Just make sure to draw the borders in Qbam / whatever else is being used first.
it's quite the other way around with me, really ;) i've come to realize that a good analogy for how i've been worldbuilding and drawing the maps for my ASB ATL, which came from devising the end-result first and then working so that it (mostly) still looks the same, is less trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and more like sanding the square peg so that it fits into the round hole better XD

it's quite the other way around with me, really ;) i've come to realize that a good analogy for how i've been worldbuilding and drawing the maps for my ASB ATL, which came from devising the end-result first and then working so that it (mostly) still looks the same, is less trying to fit a square peg into a round hole and more like sanding the square peg so that it fits into the round hole better XD
The thing is that you can fairly easily mutate a Qbam into worlda with some weird fuckery with the select tool and fill bucket. Much harder to do with scaling borders up.