The New Order: Last Days of Europe - An Axis Victory Cold War Mod for HoIIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

chankljp

Donor
I really do not understand why so many people want to see the entirety of Germany die so badly, it's pure insanity.

I think thematically, this is actually brilliant! And can be used as a textbook example of 'The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You' (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFourthWallWillNotProtectYou), and how video game can be a legitimate form of thought provoking art.

As I recall it being said somewhere, in a world in which the Axis powers emerged victorious in WW2, EVERYTHING that the Nazi ideology touched ended up being poisoned by it one way or another, even those that seem to fight against it.... It seems that the toxicity of Nazism is so strong that it is literally breaking the fourth wall, and is affecting the fans of TNO in real life as well! (This is some SCP level memetic influence!)

Since as people on the outside looking in, we see just how bad a world dominated by the Nazi ended up looking like, and became so desperate to stop the horror, that sometimes we loose sight of exactly WHY the Nazis must be stopped, to the point of either justifying or even cheering on the deaths of millions just to achieve that goal.

It reminds me of a documentary on the Beslan school siege by Chechen militants that I once watched on TV as a kid. At one point, one of the female students held hostage mentioned a
conversation she had with one of the terrorists, asking him why they were doing all of those unspeakable acts of horror upon her and her fellow students. With his response being something along the lines of 'Your parents pay taxes to fund the Russian government and military who are oppressing our people, so that makes all of you legitimate targets'. With the documentary ending with one of the parents who had lost all her children saying how she sometimes fantasize about finding herself an innocent Chechen family, murdering them all, before committing suicide....

Perhaps the real tragedy of the TNO world is that the Nazis have
committed so much atrocities, and caused so much suffering to the peoples of the world, to the point that this type of thinking might very well become the default for a lot of people fighting against them. And it will take a lot of strength of character and moral conviction to rise above it all, so that maybe, just maybe... A better world can still be created from the pain and suffering of the old.

Last edited:
One idea I have of why Heydrich was chosen by the Hitler to be the next Fuhrer is that in his death bed Hitler trying to give final order to his underling to take out Heydrich. But he could never finish his sentence and utter "Reinhardt" before he died. His underling mistook him and thought that the Fuhrer just appoint Heydrich as his successor.

Last edited:
One idea I have of why Heydrich was chosen by the Hitler to be the next Fuhrer is that in his death bed Hitler trying to give final order to his underling to take out Heydrich. But he could never finish his sentence and utter "Reinhardt" before he died. His underling mistook him and thought that the Fuhrer just appoint Heydrich as his successor.
"What if Heydrich is the milk and the lamb is the people?"

Speaking of Stalin and lambs what has been the fate of Beria in this timeline (I apologize if this has already been covered in the lore)

1968.png

Potential Presidential candidates in 1968 elections.

From left to right: Michael Harrington (Center NPP), John Glenn (Republican), Barry Goldwater (Democrat), Margaret Chase Smith (Right NPP)

Also, judging from Panzer and Todd's posts in Discord, here is the list of Presidents before Nixon:

1933: Herbert Hoover
1936: Joe Kennedy (D)
1940: Joe Kennedy (D)
1944: Harry Truman (D)
1948: Howard W. Smith (R)
1952: Ike (R)
1956: Ike (R)
1960: Nixon (R)

Also this:
unknown.png

Last edited:
1968.png

Potential Presidential candidates in 1968 elections.

From left to right: Michael Harrington (Center NPP), John Glenn (Republican), Barry Goldwater (Democrat), Margaret Chase Smith (Right NPP)

Also, judging from Panzer and Todd's posts in Discord, here is the list of Presidents before Nixon:

1933: Herbert Hoover
1936: Joe Kennedy (D)
1940: Joe Kennedy (D)
1944: Harry Truman (D)
1948: Howard W. Smith (R)
1952: Ike (R)
1956: Ike (R)
1960: Nixon (R)

Also this:
unknown.png
Goldwater is a Democrat?! This is truly the darkest timeline

Speaking of Stalin and lambs what has been the fate of Beria in this timeline (I apologize if this has already been covered in the lore)
It wasn't covered in lore. Since there is no Stalin, it's most likely that Beria remained a minor functionary in Caucasus before WWII.

Goldwater is a Democrat?! This is truly the darkest timeline
That's what you get for having a Social Conservative Democrat Party with most of New Dealers defecting to NPP

Status
Not open for further replies.