The Nazi war on Tea

Ming777

Monthly Donor
According to several sources including TV Tropes, the most successful bombing of the Blitz was not taking out neighbourhoods. No it was the bombing of Mincing Lane where many companies that managed Britain's tea supplies were located. It was the most damaging attack on British Morale.

What if the Nazis realised the best way to break the British spirit was to target everything related to tea?

According to several sources including TV Tropes, the most successful bombing of the Blitz was not taking out neighbourhoods. No it was the bombing of Mincing Lane where many companies that managed Britain's tea supplies were located. It was the most damaging attack on British Morale.

What if the Nazis realised the best way to break the British spirit was to target everything related to tea?

Tea is to the British soldier what Coke was to the American soldier, something that many would call a "war necessity" but in no way one. Its a nice to have, but the British morale isn't going to collapse due to a lack of tea, if anything the Nazis might strengthen British resolve with British seeing their attack on tea a personal attack on the British identity.

Ming777

Monthly Donor
To be fair, it may more important than coke is to Americans considering they did buy the entire global tea crop in 1942.

To be fair, it may more important than coke is to Americans considering they did buy the entire global tea crop in 1942.

Coke was labelled by the government as vital war necessity and hence felt no affect from the rationing of sugar. In fact Coke factories were built in all theaters of operation that the Americans fought in during the war at the Army's request. So though tea is more important, it's not way more important.

They have just woken a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve.

This would a. Have no real effect on Britains ability to wage war. b. Rather than break Britains will to fight, annoy the British public and c. Make NAZI Germany a laughing stock.

Thande

Donor
I remember Spike Milligan doing a sketch in one of his war diaries where Hitler does this, and then uses a tea-spraying tank to lure the thirsty British soldiers across a minefield.

Deleted member 1487

Maybe post this to the ASB forum where the Nazis have perfect ability to target tea shipments and see what the effects are. Perhaps the British would consider it a Vegetation level atrocity to totally having their tea cut off.

The British Army conquered a huge Empire because they boiled their tea. Boiling water destroys a lost of nasty digestive diseases.

Prepared

The British government were not unprepared. Arthur C Clarke has written about his early career as a civil servant. His job was to disperse the tea around the country to protect it from bombing.

thank you - you've just improved Ringtons business by wiping out loads of competitors.

The knock-on effect will be that my lass will earn more money and will enable me to kickback, relax and spend more time on AH.com

:)

I remember Spike Milligan doing a sketch in one of his war diaries where Hitler does this, and then uses a tea-spraying tank to lure the thirsty British soldiers across a minefield.

That would never work because the Germans don't know how to make tea properly. They'd probably forget to warm the tank first.

Cheers,
Nigel.

thank you - you've just improved Ringtons business by wiping out loads of competitors.

The knock-on effect will be that my lass will earn more money and will enable me to kickback, relax and spend more time on AH.com

Ahhh Rington's. Used to get it delivered when I was young. My girlfriend's mam still does.

But srsly this is a rather silly idea. People would feel a bit irritated but nothing more.