The National Republic of Amuaplye - ASB Wikibox TL

National Republic of Amuaplye
This is a place where I can put maps, graphics, and wikiboxes about a fictional nation: Amuaplye.

We'll start off with the basics:
Amuaplye3.png

This is the thread for if you want to submit suggestions. PMs and replies in the Wikibox thread will do. I don't really know what to put for a writeup, though.

The Olympiad Bomber (12/18/18-2/11/19)
infobox-png.443013

Leonard Perry was an Amuaplyean Olympic speed skater and serial bomber who killed 18 people (this count does not include himself) and wounded another 26 in 12 attacks (and 2 assassination attempts) over a span of 1 month and 25 days. He was nicknamed the "Olympiad Bomber", as he originally targeted people and places associated with the Olympics.

It started on December 18, when Olympic cross-country skier and gold medalist (who then became an activist, MP, and now Deputy Prime Minister) Frankie Bradley, was wounded when a tripwire-activated CZ 75 handgun was activated outside of his house in Perth, shooting him in the hip. Security camera footage showed the perp being a white male around 18-25, 6 foot to 6 foot 2 inches, and around 145-155 pounds, with black hair. He was wearing a black hoodie with indiscernible markings in white, black sweatpants, and white shoes. He was also wearing a white comedy mask and sunglasses, according to police reports. Police did not connect these 2 incidents until January.

3 hours later, a pipe bomb sent to Minister of Sport May Silva went off, severely wounding a guard, Christian Moss, who later died on December 21 of his injuries. The package spelled her name correctly, and was sent under the name "Ivan Solotkov".

2 days later, a 2nd pipe bomb was sent to Brandi Simpson, the CEO of the sportswear brand Sportoo, which made the clothing for Amuaplyean Olympians. The package was opened, severely wounding her, and causing her to die on the 25th. The package spelled her name as "Brady Simpson", and was sent under "Richard Terry".

3 days after that, a 3rd one was sent to Nathan Bishop, the head of the Amuaplye Investigation Agency, which was intercepted and defused. His name was spelled as "Nathon Bihop", and was sent under the same name as the 2nd bomb.

The next day, a 4th bomb was detonated inside AmuaCargo Flight 7189, a cargo flight going from Sydney in Amuaplye, to Republica, in the Free Republics. The bomb was detonated shortly after takeoff, when the Olympic Jet (the supposed target) flew over Christchurch, the former residence of the first victim, Frankie Bradley. The device was a variation of the earlier devices, but was detonated via a phone, instead of the package being opened. The plane diverted to Newcastle after the crew, Chris Norman, and Harold Mayer, complained of sudden depressurization and fire warnings. The plane, a Boeing 737-800, was repaired and went back into service in March. The bomb was sent to Luis Ray (name being misspelled as "Luis Eay"), under the name "Sergei Chuikov". A recovered scrap of paper from the device said, quote:

"TO MAIL WORKERS,
SEND PACKAGE TO OLYMPIC ET (sic)
FRIEND ON BOARD
THIS IS HIS GIFT
SERGEI VOLKOV"

According to the Amuaplye Safety Board, had the device been loaded aboard the Olympic Jet, the device probably would've killed everyone on board.

A week later, Olympic gold medalist Bryon Weaver was wounded after a pipe bomb, disguised as a newspaper, detonated when he picked it up at his house in Perth. He suffered severe injuries and was barred from competing again. According to witnesses, his description was as follows: a white male, between the ages of 18 and 25, 6'1 to 6'2, approximately 145 to 155 pounds, black hair, wearing a black hoodie with a red stripes around the waist and both cuffs, aviator sunglasses, and black sweatpants, gloves, and shoes. A letter was then discovered an hour (he placed it in the mailbox of the AIA), that stated, as follows:

"HELLO EVERYONE AT AIA YOU HAVE PURSUED ME AND YET I AM ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD OF YOU WELL GUESS WHAT I ALSO TRIED TO KILL WEAVER AND BRADLEY THEY SET ME UP TO FAIL AND I LOVE THE PUBLICITY I GET IF YOU WANT ME TO STOP TELL ATV THAT THEY NEED TO STOP REPORTING I HAVE ALREADY SLIPPED THROUGH THE CRACKS AND YOU ARE TOO BLIND TO KNOW IT

SINCERELY THE OLYMPIAD BOMBER"

A week later, a 5th bomb was discovered in Sydney, where it was defused. It was sent to the Olympic Village in Republica, to Olympian Carl Perkins. The name was spelled correctly, and sent under the same name as the 4th bomb. Inside the box was a cipher, stating as follows:

"CLTKP JERLN NITRL VJWLS CHXAV VDKGG CKLMX MXXKK XANLC OUJIR OKCCB RHUMQ GBTVC JTBVU AAHXU LPWLE DNOTL BQCPT IXJCC ZKEJC FQQRY MBXHW TKUUP OMKEQ CCZGN IKBFG UVNOL RQAMN FHROD OYNRZ TADSM KTGZA OEGGI PWIGR CGFIK UWXMQ XVHAK EJEDK BQZIN XGCSR ZRBSK PNPNB."

This implied that the bomber wanted the bomb to be intercepted, so that the code could be discovered. The message, decoded was:

"HELLO ALL THAT TRY TO STOP ME I WILL PREVAIL THERE ARE MORE BOMBS IN THE MAIL NOC WILL COLLAPSE THE OLYMPICS CANCELLED ONCE YOU FIND OUT MY IDENTITY I WILL DIE SO THAT YOU DON'T GET THE SATISFACTION AND IF I GO I WILL TAKE OTHERS WITH ME GOOD LUCK TRYING TO STOP ME."

5 days later, a 6th bomb was sent to ATV sports commentator Matthew Perkins, who lived in Pirinoa. The bomb was opened by Perkins, but did not detonate. The package misspelled his name as "Mathew Perkins", and sent under "Yorick Kingston"

4 hours later, a 7th bomb was discovered in Sydney, where it was intercepted and defused. It was sent to Antonio Taylor, the lead writer and CEO of Amuaplye's largest newspaper, The Observer. The name was misspelled as "Antonio Taylr" and was sent under "Sylvia Martin"

3 days later, an 8th bomb was sent to the office of the Amuaplye National Olympic Committee, Delila Quinn. She was killed instantly when she opened the package. Her name was misspelled, supposedly as "Delilah Quinn", and was supposedly sent under "Logan Peel".

4 days later, a 9th bomb was sent to then Prime Minister Sergei Chuikov, where there was an attempt to diffuse the bomb, but it went off, killing officer Mabel Holmes instantly. The bomb also sent a piece of debris into a window, shattering it.

4 days later, a 10th bomb was then sent to Amuaplye Television, killing a postal worker, Rodney McCoy, instantly, and wounding another. Broadcasts were interrupted for upwards of 15 minutes, and even then, normal programming did not resume until the following day.

4 days later, an 11th bomb was sent to the John Morony Correctional Complex, a minimum-security prison in the outskirts of Sydney. The blast killed 3 workers, 1 of which, Garret McDaniel, died in the hospital.

A letter was also sent to Frankie Bradley several hours later, apparently admitting to the deaths of 3 athletes in the Free Republics:

"GREETINGS FROM REPUBLICA

(Photocopied photo of the body of Jeremiah True)

LOOK WHAT I HAVE DONE I HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL IN KILLING AN ATHLETE 3 OF THEM TO BE EXACT ALL FROM KWP 1ST WAS CLAIRE TAN WHICH I HIT WITH A RENTAL CAR I THINK IT WAS 3X I FORGOT THE PLATES 2ND WAS JEREMIAH TRUE WHICH I PUSHED OFF OF THE GARDEN OF EDEN CLUBS (sic) BALCONY AND 3RD WAS LIVIA RUSH WHICH I SHOT WITH A GLOCK I FOUND IN SOME LADYS (sic) PURSE HAHAHAHAHAHA AND THEY DONT (sic) EVEN KNOW IM (sic) HERE

REGARDS

MR. VADIM UKHTOMSKY

THE OLYMPIAD BOMBER"

5 days later, a 12th bomb was sent to Hannah Nunez, the head of the Capital Police Force, which was discovered in Sydney, and intercepted. Her name was misspelled as "Hanna Nunez", and was sent under "Aleksandr Torenov"

A week later, the deadliest of the Olympiad Bomber's attacks happened. A white 2016 Toyota Hilux, loaded with a large fertilizer bomb disguised as box of flyers, was detonated outside of a summit dedicated to the search for the Olympiad Bomber. 10 people were killed, and 21 were wounded in the blast. The dead were an MP, a Proposer 2 Cabinet members, 4 journalists, and 2 security guards, whilst the wounded were an MP, a Proposer, 10 spectators, 6 journalists, a Cabinet minister, and a former MP.

A manifesto would be found the next day, stating that the reason why committed these attacks were because he thought the government had sabotaged him in the earlier Winter Olympics.

2 days later (11th), Perry would kill himself in a suicide bombing that would wound a police officer, Diana Luna. He attempted to rig his house with explosives, causing minor damage to nearby houses after it went off.

Last edited:
1964 Sydney Bomb Attacks (5/17/1964)
1964-png.468857

On May 17, 1964, the 2nd deadliest terror attack in Amuaplye. It was the work of Mikhail Anegovych, who transported and distributed the bombs via his car, and 4 other people, a chef at a nearby restaurant, a butler at the Prime Minister's Residence, a Member of Parliament, and a stock broker. They were all members of an insurgency group, The People.

The first building attacked, The ANG Building (also known as the HANG Building), was a 20-storey federal building that housed some of Amuaplye's big government agencies and ministries. The bomb was placed in a dumpster in an alley on the right hand side of the building, and detonated at 7:08 AM. The explosion destroyed the right hand side of the building, causing it to collapse seconds after it went off. The left side was severely damaged as the explosion caused a fire that burned down most of it. Multiple buildings in the surrounding area, including the restaurant, were destroyed. 97 were killed, mostly members of the Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Justice (Who occupied most of the upper floors of the building), and 152 were wounded.

The second was the Prime Minister's residence, just 10 minutes later at 7:18. The building hadn't been evacuated, as Mikhail showed up in his car a few minutes earlier, and gave the bomb to the butler, who put it in Adenauer's writing desk, as he simply presumed Adenauer had gone to the bathroom. He put it in Adenauer's desk, hoping that the bomb would explode and kill him. Instead, the explosion killed not only the butler, but most of the servants and the entirety of Adenauer's immediate family in the massive fire that burned down the majority of the building. This killed 26, and wounded 41.

The 3rd was the National Parliament, just 4 minutes later at 7:22. Due to the work of the MP, and several other people, most of the MPs were told to either stay in their seats, or to evacuate to an area near where the bomb was at, which was outside in a random car. Mikhail drove by, broke the window on the car, set the bomb inside, and drove to the Sydney Stock Exchange. The bomb exploded shortly thereafter, shattering windows, and causing a massive fire that destroyed 50% of the National Parliament, and killed all 12 guards on duty, along with 49 others. 122 people were also wounded in the attacks.

The 4th and final bombing was at the Sydney Stock Exchange, 2 minutes later at 7:24. Mikhail gave the suitcase to a stock broker, "accidentally" dropped it on the entrance, and then walked off, lying by saying that he left something in his car. This bombing was the only one to not kill someone, as the bomb was made by the broker (who wanted to do it), instead of Mikhail. Only a small part of the bomb exploded, and the only thing it did was damage a concrete step, minorly wounding a trader when a small piece of concrete hit him in the cheek. He was the only person wounded.