The Last Ship (TNT Series)

Who knows what the rest of Season 2, let alone Season 3, will bring us? Personally, it's more than likely that there are surviving USN subs out there. (among others) Where they're getting food, though...unless they send landing parties ashore in CBR gear is a very good question.

I am talking about a cruiser, carrier, sub or another destroyer. They saw a pre-recorded message from the now presumably dead SECNAV,

Some subs would have survived due to their patrols, but other ships could still have become contaminated depending on a lot of things. Also, some may have been engaged by the Vyerni.

Maybe I'm cold hearted but I don't see why everyone is so upset at the killing of the man responsible for the collapse of society and the near extinction of the human race?

Murder is murder, it doesn't matter who it was.

Though he probably would have been executed anyways depending on where he was put on trial.

They're not upset that hes dead, they're upset that she killed him.

The captain's upset that she took it upon himself to kill Niels. He hadn't decided yet on what to do with the scumbag, and probably wanted to hold a court-martial aboard ship to properly try, sentence, and then execute the POS. After all, not only was the scum a carrier of the virus, but he was helping the Immunes conduct biowafare against people in safe zones (the contaminated teddy bears).

Dr. Scott will likely be confined to quarters for a while, but when she's needed again (as is likely), the bad feelings the Captain has now will be swept under the rug and that will be that. If the crew had their way, she'd get a medal.

The captain's upset that she took it upon himself to kill Niels. He hadn't decided yet on what to do with the scumbag, and probably wanted to hold a court-martial aboard ship to properly try, sentence, and then execute the POS. After all, not only was the scum a carrier of the virus, but he was helping the Immunes conduct biowafare against people in safe zones (the contaminated teddy bears).

Dr. Scott will likely be confined to quarters for a while, but when she's needed again (as is likely), the bad feelings the Captain has now will be swept under the rug and that will be that. If the crew had their way, she'd get a medal.

Something bothered me last night. The video that the bad guys put out? To get that kind of footage, they would have had to use a drone right?

When that Israeli chick died, I wanted them to execute that Val girl. :mad:

Ship's company is decreasing each eppy. Soon it'll just be the CO, XO, and CMC running the thing!

They are being realistic: it's a war now, and they will take casualties. Hopefully, Season 3 get them some replacement crew in some form (like a retired engineering CPO or an officer who was on leave at the time of the plague and both are not Immune).

Kill the sub. Send the Ramsey brothers to the bottom of the Gulf. They can really do mankind a favor: by feeding the fish.

They are being realistic: it's a war now, and they will take casualties. Hopefully, Season 3 get them some replacement crew in some form (like a retired engineering CPO or an officer who was on leave at the time of the plague and both are not Immune).

Kill the sub. Send the Ramsey brothers to the bottom of the Gulf. They can really do mankind a favor: by feeding the fish.

I thought they would go back to Norfolk to resupply and find more crew

One of the shipyards that builds Arleigh Burke-class ships is in Pascagoula, MS. If they can find Navy personnel who were there, well and good. A big if. If not, then it's back to Norfolk. Going further up the East Coast to Boston (forget about the NY area) and Bath Iron Works in Maine (the other yard building DDGs) is another option.

And no doubt CDR Chandler will thank Dr. Scott for saving his life: By dropping any charges for liquidating Niels. He probably would've had him executed anyway, but wanted to do it by the book. And if he convened a trial in Norfolk, given that it's their home port, any jury convened from the survivors would probably take two minutes to acquit Dr. Scott of murder. If the new POTUS doesn't pardon her first.

I still don't understand why the ship didn't appear to take more damage from the torpedo hit. It should have punctured the hull and flooded some compartments - it appears to have hit near the engineering spaces so some of the power plant should have been knock out of service.

Also, the captain shouldn't go on every mission - it's just like Capt. Kirk of the Enterprise leading all the away teams - and placing himself at risk.

No. They needed a component that the woman the team found on the rig had in her bag. The Captain was trying to convince her to let them upload the speech when the rig was attacked.