Which style should be predominant?

• Total voters
the Sacred Inquisition
Well, now Brazil, or rather the Latin Catholic Church, has the inquisition. I imagine they will eventually act much like the CIA for the Church (and perhaps Brazil). This will cause countries, especially Protestants, to have significant distrust of the Catholic Church.
which generated reactions from the main branches of Christianity.
How bad is the world going to be, Kaiser only answers with yes. Interestingly, I would say that the animosity won't be solely between Christianity and Nazism, but with other groups like Muslims and even different Christian sects. Speaking of which, I imagine we'll soon see a similar reaction from Islamic powers. A good place to test this is Mozambique, which has Catholics and Muslims. French Africa is secular (in theory). Another interesting thing is to see how Islamism will be in the future and where it will ignite and where it will fail.
the restoration of the Russian Empire was seen as a divine judgment by the Orthodox Church. In the United States, the Third Great Awakening. the rise of the Catholic Reaction.
Reject modernity, embrace the Crusades. This religious awakening will likely elicit reactions from secular groups. But I'm not sure if they have the strength to compete. Especially in a world where even the most civil conversation involves at least 1 revolver and 2 knives.
It also led to the distancing of many IRA members from the German Reich
The IRA civil war?
was not Stephen's intention.
I feel sorry for the Pope, he just tries to do something right. But things have only spiraled out of control.
a nuclear device was detonated off the coast of Rio de Janeiro to the sight of Brazilian citizens and foreign representatives alike
How North Korean of him.
Peron would be arrested by the Brazilian government and returned for trial to the new Argentine junta as a gesture of "goodwill", much to the relief of Buenos Aires,
Well, RIP Peron and any chance of progressivism in South America, which probably leaves Mexico as the country with the highest chance of being the progressive nation in Latin America. Unless Salgado does implode the country with his idea of the universal Catholic empire.

Now Im lowkey hoping for a muslim "integralism" to pop up
I honestly have no idea what Muslim integralism would be. Perhaps something similar to what exists today in Saudi Arabia. Created as a counter-reaction to pro-Germany regimes failing to destroy Israel?

Isn't that just the OTL Islamic Republic of Iran?
I would say it's a mix of Iran and Saudi Arabia. Integralism is a political interpretation of Catholic Social Doctrine that advocates for the principle that the Catholic religion should be the foundation of the legal system and policies of the State within civil society, wherever the predominance of Catholics within that society makes it possible. This is seen in the motto "God, Fatherland, and Family." So, I would say, aside from the idea of revolution, it is quite similar to the concept of Sharia applied in Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Last edited:
Before anyone asks, no, this is not the full chapter, I intend to continue this later detailing things such as the construction of Santa Cruz do Brasil (the new Capital), dive deeper in the organization of the Integralist State and it's politics, the Council of Salvador, the rest of Stephen's time in the Holy See, the new Pope and the start of the most direct attack on the American Sphere of Influence and the largest US military engagement since WWII: The Mexican War.
I feel something bad is gonna happen to Stephen here.
And Mexican War???? Good lord...

yep the province of quebec. I was surprised by the reach of integralism. Quebec has always been historically tumultuous like this?
Quebec OTL took a left-wing turn with a policy of secularism known as the "Quiet Revolution." Otherwise, this timeline would likely have Quebec shifting more Social Conservative and moving in line with Ernest Manning's reforms to the Social Credit Party to make it Social Conservative. OTL Social Credit Party never moved on from being Anti-Semitic and fell apart. Otherwise, the Canadian government will likely keep a close eye on Quebec.

At least I don't charge for them.
On the topic of paid content, have you ever considered publishing your work?

Also, to summarize this chapter so far in two sentences:

Brazil is the USA of South America.
+
Papal States : Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days...

Anyways I'd also like to ask a couple questions, those being what's happening to Albania and Greece under Italian Occupation, and has the Reich cooked up any schemes for integration of western europe into it, seieng as how they've been enforcing massive cultural changes on Europe under its control (Religious and writing changes, for example).

Great (Section of) a Chapter, and i'm excited to see where it goes next. Will the Iron Eagle III be covering the 70's, or will it be something like Iron Eagle I where it covered a longer span of time?

Last edited:
I just don't understand why would Pope excommunicate Peron. Hole See obviously cannot support secularization of countries, but after all the Pope himself has gone through it's a bit of a extreme reaction.

I just don't understand why would Pope excommunicate Peron. Hole See obviously cannot support secularization of countries, but after all the Pope himself has gone through it's a bit of a extreme reaction.
The Pope was only able to escape with three other people from the Vatican, his staff is lost and the new ones are unreliable to say the least. The Integralists de facto have the Papacy under their thumb like the Avignon Popes were under the French Kings. Stephen is in a whole new world and the news he gets can be very exaggerated and twisted at times.