The Footprint of Mussolini - TL

Fascinating scenario, I like how it contrasts with our previous discussion on the topic here:

With these PODs would too are intresting scenarios.

Most used PoD is probably a hardliner coup against Mussolini, resulting in the powerful Italian forces winning the war for their bumbling German sidekicks ;) .

I am not so sure. Usually POD is around some familliar thing like famous battles or assassination attempts. So I would imaginate for Axis victory these being most popular PODs.

1. German victory at Stalingrad.
2. Succesful Mussolini's assassination in 1932 and Farinacci manage to gain power after power struggle.
3. Germany becomes fascist instead nazi (Perhaps Hitler is killed on Beer Hall Putsch).

The Man of the High Castle is Philip K. Dick's famous dystopia where Axis literally conquer the world and USA is mostly divided between Japan and Germany leaving only rump USA on Mid-West.
No, I'm wondering why you think that with Communism would be worse?

I didn't say that it would be worse. It would be just equally horrible. Keep in mind that ITTL communism is seen as evil and vile as nazism is not even worse since communists act differently what they are saying.

Communism, or at least Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism, is seen as being, at best, hypocritical and, at worst, just as genocidal as Nazism. Stalin’s nuking of Warsaw, the oppression of eastern Europe and Russia, the failures of North China and Hokkaido, and the whole Soviet “Moon Landing” did NOTHING to improve its reputation.

Probably at the same in OTL

Yeah. Heydrich doesn't make very dramatic changes. During German Civil War he is probably side of loyalists. If he is captured alive and not commit suicide he will be hanged. And if he manage to escape justice he might be one of key leaders of ODESSA depending what kind of relationships him has with Fegelein.

Considering that the author's current timeline (The Death of Russia) is coming to a close, would there be any "Death of the Soviet Union" TLs in this TL, which focuses on a far more violent collapse of the USSR? And if so, what would be the main POD, besides Malenkov getting purged in the 60s?

Considering that the author's current timeline (The Death of Russia) is coming to a close, would there be any "Death of the Soviet Union" TLs in this TL, which focuses on a far more violent collapse of the USSR? And if so, what would be the main POD, besides Malenkov getting purged in the 60s?
Check out Twilight of the Red Tsar by Napoleon IV. POD is Stalin surviving his stroke and living for another few years.

Edit: I realise that I misunderstood your comment. Stalin surviving his stroke would still be the main POD since it would mean prolonging the Doctor's Plot/Second Holocaust.

Last edited: