We can't have everything be peachy keen here. Linda still is likely to die from cancer, as is George. Also Mal Evans got shot and John and Yoko's relationship is shattered. With all the good there has to be some bad.
When did John quit smoking? Whether he has or not, I wonder how his voice is at this point. Smoking dramatically changed Joni Mitchell’s voice.

When did John quit smoking? Whether he has or not, I wonder how his voice is at this point. Smoking dramatically changed Joni Mitchell’s voice.
Maybe he eventually stopped after seeing what happened to George? I imagine it sounds a bit raspier and lower.

Hey QTX, I have an idea. At some point in the story, you should talk about the rise of the internet. Perhaps the Beatles make a website filled with forums, special content, updates from the band and unreleased material. I know that IOTL for 1998, Paul did a webchat. Maybe that could happen here?

We can't have everything be peachy keen here. Linda still is likely to die from cancer, as is George. Also Mal Evans got shot and John and Yoko's relationship is shattered. With all the good there has to be some bad.
It's not so much that things go bad for Preston but that they're very similar to OTL. Should be some big differences with all the butterflies and I personally wonder why Preston was ITTL when he played such a small part.
But this isn't a critique just an observation and my own opinion.

It's not so much that things go bad for Preston but that they're very similar to OTL. Should be some big differences with all the butterflies and I personally wonder why Preston was ITTL when he played such a small part.
But this isn't a critique just an observation and my own opinion.
I suppose somebody had to keep the Beatles afloat during the Get Back sessions and they just decided to keep him around. I personally felt it'd have been really interesting if the fifth Beatle was Clapton.

I suppose somebody had to keep the Beatles afloat during the Get Back sessions and they just decided to keep him around. I personally felt it'd have been really interesting if the fifth Beatle was Clapton.
Clapton would've made things interesting and Harrison would've enjoyed having his friend in the band until Clapton's feelings for Patti Boyd came to the surface.

Clapton would've made things interesting and Harrison would've enjoyed having his friend in the band until Clapton's feelings for Patti Boyd came to the surface.
Or maybe more. I’ve allways wanted to write a timeline/start a form where The Beatles and other bands became long and revolving ‘forever bands’ (basically lots of members (sometimes 17 member collective), and the band never ends, with real musicans)

Or maybe more. I’ve allways wanted to write a timeline/start a form where The Beatles and other bands became long and revolving ‘forever bands’ (basically lots of members (sometimes 17 member collective), and the band never ends, with real musicans)
I had an idea for a TL where the Beatles break up while working on the White Album (Ringo did quit for a short time), Ringo leaves and then George decides to leave too and they decide to form a new band together.
John and Paul decide to recruit new members into the Beatles starting with Eric Clapton but then learn to their dismay that Clapton is joining George and Ringo in a new band called "Blind Faith".

There have been a few TL's where Clapton replaced Harrison in the Beatles but I think Clapton would be more inclined to form a new band with George, they were good friends IOTL and I think he might have found working worth Lennon & McCartney too intimidating.

There have been a few TL's where Clapton replaced Harrison in the Beatles but I think Clapton would be more inclined to form a new band with George, they were good friends IOTL and I think he might have found working worth Lennon & McCartney too intimidating.
[/QUOTE]

Do you remember any of the names of those TLs, cortz#9? I hope that you are able to write that TL you mention as well. I always imagine George leaving the Beatles for the Band, and Robbie Robertson is the odd man out.

Do you remember any of the names of those TLs, cortz#9? I hope that you are able to write that TL you mention as well. I always imagine George leaving the Beatles for the Band, and Robbie Robertson is the odd man out.
[/QUOTE]
I'm afraid not they were short and unfinished stories on Beatles fan-fic sites, can't recall the name of the sites either.
Sorry read them a while back.