The Fair Treatment

Really been like 15 days

Shoot I knew I forgot to do something.

What I do not want to tell you what I'm about to tell you, but I must. I am canceling this TL. The main factor for its closure is just how unrealistic certain parts of it are (especially the POD and the first few posts.) However I will not spoil how I wanted this TL to turn out. I will return. I am currently researching a new POD for a new TL that will be focused on France. However I am quite busy right now. I must say if you liked this TL I am sure you will love my new one. Once again I am sorry.

Thank you.

Would you be so kind to post the link in this thread when you start the next one? Or at the very least give us some info (possible titles, when to start looking for it) so that we can find it more easily?

Would you be so kind to post the link in this thread when you start the next one? Or at the very least give us some info (possible titles, when to start looking for it) so that we can find it more easily?

I will certainly post the link in this thread when it is published. Thank you.

I'm sorry this was cancelled - I like this TL a lot, although I do agree with some others that it seems like the Franco-British treaty is more favorable to the British than it could be. I would think that France could swap Minorca and Hanover for its colonial territory back. In OTL, Minorca was enough for France to get back most of its Caribbean possessions; throw in Hanover and I'd think Louisiana and India would be returned to France as well.

One quibble: under French rule, the name Quebec referred only to the capital city, so "Quebec War" would only make sense if it were fought entirely in the vicinity of the city. The colony was called Canada when it was French, and then renamed "Quebec" when the British took it over.

I'm sorry this was cancelled - I like this TL a lot, although I do agree with some others that it seems like the Franco-British treaty is more favorable to the British than it could be. I would think that France could swap Minorca and Hanover for its colonial territory back. In OTL, Minorca was enough for France to get back most of its Caribbean possessions; throw in Hanover and I'd think Louisiana and India would be returned to France as well.

One quibble: under French rule, the name Quebec referred only to the capital city, so "Quebec War" would only make sense if it were fought entirely in the vicinity of the city. The colony was called Canada when it was French, and then renamed "Quebec" when the British took it over.

I am glad to see you enjoyed the TL. I did feel obligated to cancel it though because I was very busy and it did not meet my standards. I started a new timeline not that long ago. If you enjoyed this one I would guarantee you would like it.

But I have a treat... I have a fragment of the next update for this TL. Be warned I haven't proofed it and it is not full length (and for all I know it may be ASB :p):

The situation in Europe was less secure. The balance of power had shifted. While Austria was once the dominant German power it appeared the Prussia was ready to eclipse it. While no financial reparations were demanded from Austria the territorial demands were severe. Austria was forced to cede to Prussia much of northern Bohemia and Moravia. These lands were some of the most productive in the empire. Austria needed to firmly reestablish itself as the major power in the Holy Roman Empire. Austria needed its revenge. Its opportunity came from an unlikely source in 1762.

Slightly over a hundred years ago in 1653 a peasants war erupted in Switzerland. The main cause was a feeling of corruption by the ruling elite and massive shortages. The ruling city councils ending up winning in the end, however the disdain for them was not effaced. The winter of 1761-1762 lasted a particularly long amount of time in the Alps. It was reported that there were blizzards as late as June. The crop was devastated and once again the rule as old as time reared its ugly face. In order to have a content, stable society there must be enough food. Once again a rebellion commenced. Once again the cantons were plagued with war.

However a simple revolution would not ordinarily change the history of Europe forever. The peasants were tired of their situation. They were tired of a weak government with corrupt officials. They looked to the shining example of Neuchâtel. Since 1701 it had been under the rule of Prussian king and it had experienced unimaginable economic and cultural growth. The peasants were jealous and wanted to emulate them. Through means of battle the peasants had the opportunity to do just that. On the 17th of November, 1762 a peasant army of nearly fifteen thousand captured the city of Zurich. While the opposition, the actual rulers of the cantons, were ready to continue fighting the people (peasants) had something to say. They, just as Neuchâtel did decades earlier, asked Frederick II for help. In return he could rule them.

Austria was not going to stand for this. However Austria just could not attack Prussia by itself, the Empress Theresa was not stupid. She needed allies, and as history would show, she was very good at making allies. Sweden was the first ally. Sweden controlled a significant amount of German speaking land known as Swedish Promeria and it was quite well known that Prussia had been eyeballing it for a long time. Sweden needed to weaken Prussia in order to guarantee its territorial integrity. Austria was also able to guarantee assistance from France. However, once again, Frederick II soon proved that he was a superior statesmen.

Last edited: