The Eternal Flame Dies Out: Rome Loses The Siege of Veii

Hades has decided to be most kind, and following my fervent petitions, he has allowed me to resurrect this timeline from the dead, on the condition that I tell him what in Hades happened in Italy. Apparently he's a dedicated follower of this timeline, and has been annoyed with me for neglecting the "The Eternal Flame's" birthplace. I consented, and I present to you a time lapse. Italy on the eve of the Italiot Warthat would significantly alter the fate of the Mediterranean world*

*This is just one of a couple time lapses I have-I figured it was easier if I jumped ahead a bit, to the part when things really get interesting again.
6b4Ixt6.jpg

What a coincidence! I just discovered this TL via some nice user who gave me the link on my "What if the Celts had conquered Roma instead of Looting it" thread. XD

Ah brilliant. This and the whole Lands of Red and Gold are the two things that really made me want to contribute to the site, so I'm glad to see it back up and running.

(Although I confess I'm 90% just curious what's gonna happen to the East...)

What a coincidence! I just discovered this TL via some nice user who gave me the link on my "What if the Celts had conquered Roma instead of Looting it" thread. XD
:D I'm getting a welcome fresh air of free time now that summer break is fast approaching, so I figured I'd use it to reboot my timelines.
Welcome back SFD, glad to see this one again. :)
Thanks, glad to know there's still interest in this timeline.
You know what you should do?

Carthaginians help the Ligurians out via trade and culture.
I have plans for the Ligurians and Carthage may or may not be involved. ;)
Ah brilliant. This and the whole Lands of Red and Gold are the two things that really made me want to contribute to the site, so I'm glad to see it back up and running.

(Although I confess I'm 90% just curious what's gonna happen to the East...)
Wow, I feel important now. :cool: It's a good day when I know my timeline helped bring a new contributor to this site.

And yeah, I admit the east is my favorite part about this timeline, and I'm kind of saddened I have to skip ahead a bit-but most of the big stuff for the next 30 or so years that was going to happen in the east that I planned already happened, so I figured a timelapse was best. Though the east will get interesting again shortly. :cool:

The next map will have to be of the East, given that I have no idea what's going on anymore.
Ask and ye shall receive (well, sometime today or tomorrow).

Which Kingdoms are Hellenistic and which ones aren't? Heck would you mind adding some short profiles for all of the listed countries and what has happened since last time?

Which Kingdoms are Hellenistic and which ones aren't? Heck would you mind adding some short profiles for all of the listed countries and what has happened since last time?
Ambiguity is my intension. I'd rather reveal all the events that happened as we go along. Just telling you what happened removes the point of my time lapse. ;)
Oh jesus

Are we gonna have Italicized Celts (notice the "C") in Italy forming kingdoms?
I prefer the Greek spelling (Kelts or Keltoi) for the timeline mostly because it's the only alternative I have in absence of Latin. Unless you were making a distinction between potentially Hellenized Kelts and Italicized Celts. In any case, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to handle the Celts in Northern Italy yet. If you noticed on the map, the Senones are no more, Rome under the control of Veii, ironically enough. Though there is certainly ripe fertile Etruscan land available in Etruria for the Padus Valley Celts....

EDIT: I forgot to label them on the map, but that grew mark in between Babylon and Egypt is an independent Tyre.

Ambiguity is my intension. I'd rather reveal all the events that happened as we go along. Just telling you what happened removes the point of my time lapse. ;)

I prefer the Greek spelling (Kelts or Keltoi) for the timeline mostly because it's the only alternative I have in absence of Latin. Unless you were making a distinction between potentially Hellenized Kelts and Italicized Celts. In any case, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to handle the Celts in Northern Italy yet. If you noticed on the map, the Senones are no more, Rome under the control of Veii, ironically enough. Though there is certainly ripe fertile Etruscan land available in Etruria for the Padus Valley Celts....

EDIT: I forgot to label them on the map, but that grew mark in between Babylon and Egypt is an independent Tyre.

Well, eventually, even without Roman "civilization", there will be Greek influences and maybe even Etruscan expansion (They only have so much room) into the north, so I think a Celtic-Keltic-Italic kingdom in the Po Valley relatively (as in a couple hundred years or so) wouldn't be too unrealistic.

Well, eventually, even without Roman "civilization", there will be Greek influences and maybe even Etruscan expansion (They only have so much room) into the north, so I think a Celtic-Keltic-Italic kingdom in the Po Valley relatively (as in a couple hundred years or so) wouldn't be too unrealistic.

I'm not sure if the Etruscans are going to expand north again to close to where their northern boundary is, or if it will be the Celts expanding south. The Etruscans, poor them, are kind of sandwiched in the middle of what the Celts and the Oscans...Though I'm not sure there's been a good timeline on an Etruscan dominated Italy yet so...(I know it was Oscan dominated in Weighted Scales).

I'm not sure if the Etruscans are going to expand north again to close to where their northern boundary is, or if it will be the Celts expanding south. The Etruscans, poor them, are kind of sandwiched in the middle of what the Celts and the Oscans...

Yeah, but not forever, as people in this era, ESPECIALLY Celts, migrate.