The Death of Russia - TL

Imagine what will happen to the flag of Malaysian state of Perak? Since the 4/10 and the black-gold-white flag is tainted in part due to its association with the Nashis as I had seen the inverted version of the said flag that was used as the state’s flag and needs to change.
There is a township in Silesia, Poland that does have a tricolor flag with a black, gold, and white color scheme.

While the colors are in a different order, the long standing animosity Poland has towards Russia coupled with the nuclear bombing of Gdansk could lead to this town changing its flag.

Last edited:
Imagine what will happen to the flag of Malaysian state of Perak? Since the 4/10 and the black-gold-white flag is tainted in part due to its association with the Nashis as I had seen the inverted version of the said flag that was used as the state’s flag and needs to change.
I would say that it would attract much more attention if someone starts campaigning demanding to change the flag. Especially if that someone is a foreigner, which is most likely because I doubt anyone in Malaysia would see the Perak flag and say "OMG the nashis are in Perak". And I would say that the fact that a group of Americans (they are usually the ones who do that kind of stupid thing) start to shit in Malaysia over this issue would in any case cause the opposite reaction, that is, "the flag stays".

I would say that it would attract much more attention if someone starts campaigning demanding to change the flag. Especially if that someone is a foreigner, which is most likely because I doubt anyone in Malaysia would see the Perak flag and say "OMG the nashis are in Perak". And I would say that the fact that a group of Americans (they are usually the ones who do that kind of stupid thing) start to shit in Malaysia over this issue would in any case cause the opposite reaction, that is, "the flag stays".
And on that note, quite a few locals would probably take the position that any publicity is good publicity.

And on that note, quite a few locals would probably take the position that any publicity is good publicity.
I'd say that's more likely to happen than the idea seen elsewhere in this thread.

I mean the idea that there will be a massive, worldwide, and immediate backlash against anything that even smacks of being related to the Nashis. In this case the fact that the flag is upside down and predates the Nashis will only make those calling for Perak to be treated HARD look like even more idiots.

I'm also not sure that, for example, the Czechs, French and Serbs, among other countries, would like to have angry Americans demanding that they change the national flag because "it has Russian colors, therefore you are expressing your support for Russia and the nashis", following this logic that "flags with the same colors mean support".

Which would be even more ridiculous because the United States also uses the white-red-blue color scheme, so it would only make them look like massive hypocrites if adopt the attitude of

"The Stars and Stripes stay, for this flag stands for civil and human rights and liberties. But you all should change your national flags because we are offended to see Russian colors waving in other countries".

Last edited:
I'd say that's more likely to happen than the idea seen elsewhere in this thread.

I mean the idea that there will be a massive, worldwide, and immediate backlash against anything that even smacks of being related to the Nashis. In this case the fact that the flag is upside down and predates the Nashis will only make those calling for Perak to be treated HARD look like even more idiots.

I'm also not sure that, for example, the Czechs, French and Serbs, among other countries, would like to have angry Americans demanding that they change the national flag because "it has Russian colors, therefore you are expressing your support for Russia and the nashis", following this logic that "flags with the same colors mean support".

Which would be even more ridiculous because the United States also uses the white-red-blue color scheme, so it would only make them look like massive hypocrites if adopt the attitude of

"The Stars and Stripes stay, for this flag stands for civil and human rights and liberties. But you all should change your national flags because we are offended to see Russian colors waving in other countries".
On that note, with my comment that the inhabitants of Perak might feel that their region's flag having a similarity to the Nashi flag bringing attention to their region is good publicity, it would be interesting if they end up a center of "Nashist Chic". After all, there is already a lot of Nazi-themed chic in East Asia as a whole in our TL.

On that note, with my comment that the inhabitants of Perak might feel that their region's flag having a similarity to the Nashi flag bringing attention to their region is good publicity, it would be interesting if they end up a center of "Nashist Chic". After all, there is already a lot of Nazi-themed chic in East Asia as a whole in our TL.

South East Asia was largely ignored by the Russian states, so probably.

While SE Asia would be affected by the global economic depression, there would be less animosity towards the Russians than in Europe, the Middle East, and North America.

The fighting in East Asia with China, the FAR, South Korea, and North Korea would likely be more of a concern.

The only thing we know, as per waterboarded Al-Qaeda members at Guantanamo, was that on this truck was Arbi Barayev, and in the back was one of the nuclear devices he had stolen from the Red Army.
Arbi Barayev wasn't a man who was ready to become a suicide bomber. He was a leader. Suicide bombers in the North Caucasus were usually teenage girls or widows of insurgents.

IOTL, he sent his cousin who was 17 years old, but that was in 2000. And after he was killed by Russians, his widow lead a femole unit that would commit Moscow theater hostage crisis.

Arbi Barayev wasn't a man who was ready to become a suicide bomber. He was a leader. Suicide bombers in the North Caucasus were usually teenage girls or widows of insurgents.

IOTL, he sent his cousin who was 17 years old, but that was in 2000. And after he was killed by Russians, his widow lead a femole unit that would commit Moscow theater hostage crisis.
But this is not any regular martyrdom, this is THE martyrdom. For such a noble act that ushered the most glorious age of Islam, his name would echo down through the centuries as the greatest of all since Muhammad himself.

Gotta make sure the job's done right, and not let some random no name steal the glory.

Though I'm guessing for narrative reasons it's just name dropping.

BTW: did Arbi Barayev get his richly deserved reward in paradise?

Last edited:
Revisiting this timeline. With Russia having imploded and no oil or gas coming out for a while, I imagine that the Gulf States, Iran, Venezuela, and other oil/gas producers are going to roll some sixes for a while which will be enough to stave off a economic crisis temporarily until either Russia gets pumping again or the West is able to easily supply oil/gas in larger quantities.

Revisiting this timeline. With Russia having imploded and no oil or gas coming out for a while, I imagine that the Gulf States, Iran, Venezuela, and other oil/gas producers are going to roll some sixes for a while which will be enough to stave off a economic crisis temporarily until either Russia gets pumping again or the West is able to easily supply oil/gas in larger quantities.
Would it provide more incentive ITTL to pursue green technologies or no? (Or even less incentive)

I was rethinking a specific aspect of this TL and I am not so convinced that it took such deep root in the perception that "nuclear weapons only serve to prevent international interventions against extremist and genocidal governments that possess them."

I mean of course that TTL's track record has also shown that the default stance when faced with an extremist and genocidal government murdering its minorities is to close your eyes and pretend nothing is happening, as seen in Rwanda.

A country that is on a small scale what was happening in Russia, without nuclear weapons, nothing to prevent international intervention... which never happened.

I think that would make the "nuclear weapons only exist to brake the international community from stopping your own government from killing you" argument sound like a very poor excuse.

Would it provide more incentive ITTL to pursue green technologies or no? (Or even less incentive)

I say it definitely would provide an incentive, considering that oil prices will go through the bloody roof here.
Oil prices will likely rise, which will cause a positive incentive. On the other hand, I wonder if the destroyed cities will delay global warming due to a very mild nuclear autumn?

Oil prices will likely rise, which will cause a positive incentive. On the other hand, I wonder if the destroyed cities will delay global warming due to a very mild nuclear autumn?
If there is a small drop in temperatures I highly doubt it’ll make a difference. I’m more concerned about how nuclear radiation will continue to haunt Russia.

If there is a small drop in temperatures I highly doubt it’ll make a difference. I’m more concerned about how nuclear radiation will continue to haunt Russia.
Russia is fucked, plain and simple. Sucks but the fallout is going to permeate the entire environment, parts of Russia already are that (the East Ural Radioactive Trace, which is cordoned off legally for most people) way in OTL from much much less radiation pollution.

Russia is fucked, plain and simple. Sucks but the fallout is going to permeate the entire environment, parts of Russia already are that (the East Ural Radioactive Trace, which is cordoned off legally for most people) way in OTL from much much less radiation pollution.
Yeah, which means that I highly doubt that the optimistic ending the author claims will happen would actually happen. Truth is, I don't see much optimism for the 2000s.

Yeah, which means that I highly doubt that the optimistic ending the author claims will happen would actually happen. Truth is, I don't see much optimism for the 2000s.
I don't think that this timeline was particularly optimistic for Russia at all, now, outside of it, I think world history has been changed for the better, but thats from the perspective of ignoring the fact that a nuclear wasteland now covers a significant part of Eurasia and is slowly percolating into the Arctic environment....

I think world history has been changed for the better
Yeah I doubt it.

The 2000s are going to be a much more repressive environment since political elites will happily use 4/10 and the fallout as an excuse to press repressive measures. There's going to be an economic crisis lasting several years from 4/10 and even when governments find a way to keep it under control there'll be another bad economic crisis, and gosh knows how bad that'll be.

Yeah I doubt it.

The 2000s are going to be a much more repressive environment since political elites will happily use 4/10 and the fallout as an excuse to press repressive measures. There's going to be an economic crisis lasting several years from 4/10 and even when governments find a way to keep it under control there'll be another bad economic crisis, and gosh knows how bad that'll be.
What occurred is what Sorairo wrote, so, I'm going off of his stated outcome in general, so, yeah....

Last edited: