The Death of Russia - TL

Might as well ask, but why were the Siberian NSF (with the notable exception of the guys in Irkutsk) largely loyal to Anpilov's Stalinists and not the Nashists?

Might as well ask, but why were the Siberian NSF (with the notable exception of the guys in Irkutsk) largely loyal to Anpilov's Stalinists and not the Nashists?

More international support, looking more powerful than Petrograd initially, Petrograd was farther away from Stalingrad, a lot of the appointees to the governorships were just reappointees from the Soviet era as well.

It was a humiliation so astonishing that on October 29th the Mongolian army rolled into Tuva, arresting Shoigu as a ‘Russian enemy agent’ and accusing him of deliberately sabotaging Tuva’s independence to get a job in the Lebed administration. Mongolians were astonished when they looked through the files and found that he simply really was that stupid.

I have a question. What did the Tuvans hope for when they assigned de facto reserve lieutenant to command the troops? Especially when he received this rank without serving in the army.

I have a question. What did the Tuvans hope for when they assigned de facto reserve lieutenant to command the troops? Especially when he received this rank without serving in the army.

Someone who knew his station and let the lower levels of officers do their jobs, instead of ordering maniacal charges that destroyed the entire army.

I assume that they were looking for someone local, with at least nominal military experience, and who they could manipulate or get rid of easily if he proved inconvenient.

They got Shoigu.

My dad would have been one of those Mongolian soldiers who occupied Tuva, he served in the Mongolian army in the early 90s. However, it feels unlikely Mongolia would make any moves in Russia without Chinese support. Just electric grid alone would have been disconnected from the Russian grid and reliant on China. Not to mention having to switch to China on medical, luxury and heavy industry goods

My dad would have been one of those Mongolian soldiers who occupied Tuva, he served in the Mongolian army in the early 90s. However, it feels unlikely Mongolia would make any moves in Russia without Chinese support. Just electric grid alone would have been disconnected from the Russian grid and reliant on China. Not to mention having to switch to China on medical, luxury and heavy industry goods
Odds are good they’d have Chinese support just fine: China wants as many friendlies on their northern border as possible right now…

Ming777

Monthly Donor
At the very least, a partial buffer state against whatever rises from the ashes of Russia. I can imagine the Chinese Government being utterly terrified of the past year or so, as the collapse of Russia is the mother of all chaos and unpredictability.

As much as they probably hate the FEK, at least they are accounting for nuclear weapons recovered. There are potentially hundreds of not thousands more nuclear weapons with no word of if they remain secure or have fallen into the hands of the criminal underworld.

Odds are good they’d have Chinese support just fine: China wants as many friendlies on their northern border as possible right now…
Mongolian boots on the ground with Chinese support is far less aggressive than Chinese boots in Russia. In addition, China can throw Mongolia to whichever state wins the Second Russian Civil War and blame every incursion on them. I don’t see why China wouldn’t support Mongolia, it just makes sense.
It’s gonna be hilarious in Mongolia tho, I wonder how the government will use propaganda to justify working with a cultural enemy.
At least my mother’s family could stop worrying about being discriminated for their Chinese heritage

vladII.jpg

Commissar Vlad, colorized (In hazmat gear due to the horrors of chemical and biological warfare)
(He showed up in the previous chapter, so I decided to put him here)

At the very least, a partial buffer state against whatever rises from the ashes of Russia. I can imagine the Chinese Government being utterly terrified of the past year or so, as the collapse of Russia is the mother of all chaos and unpredictability.

As much as they probably hate the FEK, at least they are accounting for nuclear weapons recovered. There are potentially hundreds of not thousands more nuclear weapons with no word of if they remain secure or have fallen into the hands of the criminal underworld.
On that note, how do you see Chinese relations with Lebed's Siberia developing in the future?

957500F2-BB50-402E-9144-76549B6FDB3F.jpeg

One of the last known photos of the Moscow Kremlin. Alongside the St Basil’s Cathedral and the Bolshoi Theatre it is considered as the worse cultural loss of the Second Russian Civil War.

From the game Axis and Allies clip “The Collapse of

What became of Achalov during the collapse of the NSF regime as he seemed to vanish in the aftermath of the disaster in Chechnya? Executed/purged by either the Stalinists or the Nashists?

What became of Achalov during the collapse of the NSF regime as he seemed to vanish in the aftermath of the disaster in Chechnya? Executed/purged by either the Stalinists or the Nashists?

Still the Defence Minister in Anpilov's government, though he is essentially now just Anpilov's yes man trying not to be the next purged.

We already know what Putin and Shoigu are doing (and not very well) what Lavrov and Medvedev are doing?
At the time of the POD, Lavrov was a high-level bureaucrat at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs while Medvedev was amongst Sobchak's aides IIRC.

So, Mongolia has one winter to prepare to face off against both the FEK and Lebed. This is a serious juncture for the tiny nation, as well as the government. Mongolia has elections in June 1996, and OTL the MPRP government (same party that had led during the communist years) lost. The party survived OTL, but if they lose badly here they might not be able to.
I think they'd want to call for Chinese assistance, maybe even troops. At this point in time Chinese forces are pretty decent, having been rotated through thorough testing on the Vietnamese border for most of the 80s. The collective leadership in Beijing will probably want to do what they can to ensure a Mongolian victory, as the FEK is bad news for them.
Greater Mongolia (with Tuva and Buryatia) would cut Siberia in two, because both the Transsiberian Railroad and the Baikal-Amur Mainline run through Buryatia. Currently the Mongols control the Transsib, but the Baikal-Amur is in Lebed/FEK hands.

So, Mongolia has one winter to prepare to face off against both the FEK and Lebed. This is a serious juncture for the tiny nation, as well as the government. Mongolia has elections in June 1996, and OTL the MPRP government (same party that had led during the communist years) lost. The party survived OTL, but if they lose badly here they might not be able to.
I think they'd want to call for Chinese assistance, maybe even troops. At this point in time Chinese forces are pretty decent, having been rotated through thorough testing on the Vietnamese border for most of the 80s. The collective leadership in Beijing will probably want to do what they can to ensure a Mongolian victory, as the FEK is bad news for them.
Greater Mongolia (with Tuva and Buryatia) would cut Siberia in two, because both the Transsiberian Railroad and the Baikal-Amur Mainline run through Buryatia. Currently the Mongols control the Transsib, but the Baikal-Amur is in Lebed/FEK hands.
I'm kinda skeptical about this escalating into an actual war. I mean, I know Lebed had an Alexander complex, and Aksyuchits despises all infidels, but on the other hand they're still the sanest warlords in all of Russia, and Mongolia isn't North Korea. Perhaps an armed confrontation is inevitable, but I don't see either side here fighting for victory at any cost.
Perhaps Buryatia shall be partitioned between Mongolia and the Siberian Alliance, or maybe one of the sides will completely fumble the initial confrontation. But whatever it is, I feel like it will either be quick, or the winter will prevent that, but either way I feel won't be very bloody (both in isolation and compared to the other theaters of this war)

Buryatia is untenable for Mongolia in the long run, as transport links with Mongolia are poor and the region is majority Russian. I don't think that FEK or Lebed would see 100s of thousands of Russians being ethnically cleansed in a good light ...