The Campaign Trail Game Has Returned.

What would happen if 1 of those votes went the other way leading to a perfect split?

It could have happened, but we will never know again. The PV showed 50/50 for scrolling over. Just get rid of John Palmer by doing the deal and thats what hapoened.

It could have happened, but we will never know again. The PV showed 50/50 for scrolling over. Just get rid of John Palmer by doing the deal and thats what hapoened.

You can get Palmer to drop out? How do you trigger that decision since it never happened to me.

You can get Palmer to drop out? How do you trigger that decision since it never happened to me.

For some reason I got a choice where you could compromise with him, so I kicked him out of the Upper South in exchange for not not running in the Deep South. It's in the link. There's also another one where you can (on racial issues) side with the South and win Missouri, Tennessee, and North Carolina if chosen, in exchange for losing some percentage in the Northeast. Good choice, becuase you don't need some of the Plain states to win.

Nixon and Rockefeller, the true liberals in this election:

http://www.americanhistoryusa.com/campaign-trail/game/42476

campaign-trail-.png

campaign-trail-.png

Tried a 1976 campaign as Ford on Impossible

Lost by 3%, having done better than 100% of other Ford Impossible campaigns... guess this is actually really impossible.

When I played Carter/Church on impossible, the end screen said Ford had won 90% of the time for those candidates and difficulty. So collectively, roughly 95% of all impossible games in '76 end in failure.

Election Results and Data by State
View states by:
Select a state:
Results - This Game

Candidate Popular Votes Popular Vote % Electoral Votes
William McKinley 230,427 50.00 13
William Jennings Bryan 230,425 50.00 0
John Palmer 0 0.00 0
I won Kentucky by 2 votes. I might have the record for closest win in a state.

What would it say if a key state that would decide the election, such as Ohio or Florida in 2000 was tied?

Just played as Nixon on easy with Romney as my running mate and it produced almost the same result as in real life with the electoral vote and the popular vote.
The only state that changed was that I lost South Carolina to Wallace by 1,873 votes.
No states changed between Nixon and Humphrey.
genusmap.php

Nixon & Romney 294 ev (-8)

31,888,578 pop vote

43.81% (+0.39%)
Humphrey & Muskie 191 ev (no change)

30,744,461 pop vote 42.24% (-0.48%)
Wallace & Le May 53 ev (+8)
10,152,666 pop vote 13.95% (+0.42%)

I have to ask , it is impossible to get a deadlock in the Electoral College with Wallace in 1968 ? I've tried everything but I can not nothing , you need to win Florida for that to happen or is impossible ?.

DTanza

Banned
I have to ask , it is impossible to get a deadlock in the Electoral College with Wallace in 1968 ? I've tried everything but I can not nothing , you need to win Florida for that to happen or is impossible ?.

You really need to do everything you can to sabotage Nixon and hope that he gets caught sabotaging the Vietnam peace accords. Making the race tight between Humphrey and Nixon is your main priority, along with keeping the solid south together.

Best game I've done as Ford on Impossible thus far - at least got over that 200 EV mark. Unlike Gore 2000, I think impossible Ford is actually impossible though.

Definitely possible; keep in mind that in addition to maximizing your own strength, you need to hurt Nixon and help Humphrey.

Its tough but possible, You just need to help Humphrey whenever you can.

r3mEZWE.png

PUSjNZx.png

Its tough but possible, You just need to help Humphrey whenever you can.

In my experience, as long as you win South Carolina and are close in Tennessee and North Carolina, Missouri is actually the pivotal state. You just need t visit often, and shift economically rightwards to ensure a Humphrey win. It's quite hard, but very possible.