The Billy Goat is Dead

I already hate this timeline.:D

But seriously, thrilled to see a baseball timeline starting up. And I'm fully expecting the cubs to lose to the Yankees-don't let me down(please)

Boo Cubs! :p

cubs-suck-2.gif

The Cubs dont deserve shit, their FANS deserve a World Series.
As a Sox fan, I have to agree from this. Though at this time, the White and Red Sox fans also deserved World Series, which I sincerly hope is taken into account.

But the Cubs themselves deserve to not win a World Series until the World ends. Lets just make that clear now.:D

As a Sox fan, I have to agree from this. Though at this time, the White and Red Sox fans also deserved World Series, which I sincerly hope is taken into account.

But the Cubs themselves deserve to not win a World Series until the World ends. Lets just make that clear now.:D

q7pl.jpg

The Cubs should win in 2012. A few months later, the World ends.

I already hate this timeline.:D

But seriously, thrilled to see a baseball timeline starting up. And I'm fully expecting the cubs to lose to the Yankees-don't let me down(please)

Maybe the Cubs vs Yankees game becomes the longest ever professional baseball game.

Now that's something new.

With, of course, the Yankees winning.

But the title of this thread implies that the Cubs will win sometime after 2003.

As a 5th Generation Cub fan, we are way overdue. They've had several chances to win yet things went the other way. When Boston got theirs in 2004 I was with them being able to relate. I was even pleased that the White Sox got theirs the next year. So to the White Sox fans, why shouldn't the Cubs or Cub fans get a couple rings? To top it off what if Boston had to face the Cubs to fully come face to face with the demon that has plagued them for 80 plus years and the Cubs almost a century? Now that would be a World Series of biblical proportions.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
The Billy Goat may die, but the curse is forever.

The Cubs winning the Series is as potent a sign of the End of Days as the arrival of the Pale Rider.

Ooh, I'm always up for a good alt-baseball TL.

Billy Beane has memorably argued (see "My Sh*t Doesn't Work in the Playoffs" in Moneyball) that playoff games are essentially a crap shoot, and I tend to agree.

First off, Bartman didn't cost Cubs the NL pennant. Dusty Baker did with inept managing. Cubs timelines rank right up there with the unmentionable sea mammal.

Caspian

Banned
Following the game, Joe Torre reportedly took Roger Clemens into his office for a private chat. No one was quite sure what was said, but Clemens reportedly “erupted” at Torre and stormed out of the stadium, catching a plane back home to Texas the next morning. Torre and Yankees general manager Brian Cashman both refused to comment to reporters before Game 2, but George Steinbrenner was quoted as describing Clemens as “unprofessional.”

To everyone in the sport, given Clemens’ announced retirement earlier in the season, it seemed that they had seen the last of the Rocket. Clemens finished 2003 with a career 310-160 record, 4099 strikeouts (third all time, behind Nolan Ryan and Steve Carlton), and a 3.19 ERA in 4278.2 innings. He had won 20 games six times (leading the league four times), won six ERA titles and five strikeout titles, and won a record six Cy Young awards, two World Series titles (in 1999 and 2000), and the 1986 AL MVP award. Come 2009, everyone was certain he’d be comfortably elected to the Hall of Fame.