The Arab War of 1958

What could the results of an Arab War in 1958 be? There are lots of possible PODs resulting in a war between Arab states, some of which would involve massive foreign intervention.

What I think would be most likely would be if Iraq actually joins the UAR in late July 1958 rather than remaining independent. If this happens soon enough after the 14 July Revolt then I don't think Qasim would develop strong autocratic or anti-Nasser tendencies and Iraq would be very likely to merge into the UAR. Jordan could see this as an act of war.

Would Chamoun join the war on the Jordanian side? I could see him cancelling the presidential elections and trying to mobilize his army against Syria. Would the Muslim troops remain would would they revolt?

And, should full-scale war occur, what would be the reactions of the US, UK, France, and the Soviet Union? Do they pick sides or do they leave the Arabs to fight it out?

Anyone care to comment or offer an alternate possible turn of events for an Arab war in 1958?