The Anglo/American - Nazi War

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's dfefinitely not true ITTL, but is it ever possible for Germany to had the ability to launch crippling non nuclear WMD strikes on the UK the way the UK to Germany with anthrax and such? Maybe if all the top Japanese unit 731 researchers somehow flee to Germany (uboat evacuation?). My gut instinct is that this is stretching plausibility to its limit at best, but it would make an interesting alternate scenario to this TL (in the Chinese sense).

You know I was re-reading this recently and a thought occurred to me. Did the Nazis/SS ever consider their own super-heavy tank (ala the Chamberlain and its 120mm gun or a sort of Panther IV) post 1956?

You know I was re-reading this recently and a thought occurred to me. Did the Nazis/SS ever consider their own super-heavy tank (ala the Chamberlain and its 120mm gun or a sort of Panther IV) post 1956?

I think thats what the Maus tanks was for by the time the Allies were marching into German, though they didn't last too long.

Long time lurker on this thread, CalBear, first time poster. Don't have much to say about this TL that others haven't already said. I will, however, say that it is the best alt.history TL I have ever read. You clearly did your research on literally everything you've written about and discussed here.

Of course, being Croatian-American, I do wonder-what has happened to Croatia after the war? I feel that ITTL, there will be much greater knowledge concerning the Ustase and their crimes...

Just feel like you haven't really discussed them much here; that's all.

Directory of AANW related threads

Question. Is there a directory of all the threads related to AANW? I just came across the ISOT thread of 1954 Nazi Germany of AANW being ISOTed to our world. I was wondering if there are more like that one.

I tried a search, but the search engine seemed to overload.

There is some unrest in what is OTL Pakistan and Bangladesh along with issues with the Sikh community. These come and go, but the issue with the Muslim part of the population is always a serious concern. It is a bit of a ticking bomb.

The thing with the Sikh community is that with Punjab united, they do not make a majority anywhere. Even OTL, they only have a majority in Indian Punjab because the Hindu-majority part of it formed its own state and even then, their majority is not as large as one may think (something like 60% Sikh and 40% Hindu). With there being no Partition, they will have an even lower percentage than OTL. I doubt they will be able to form their own country or even wish to form their own country.

The thing with the Sikh community is that with Punjab united, they do not make a majority anywhere. Even OTL, they only have a majority in Indian Punjab because the Hindu-majority part of it formed its own state and even then, their majority is not as large as one may think (something like 60% Sikh and 40% Hindu). With there being no Partition, they will have an even lower percentage than OTL. I doubt they will be able to form their own country or even wish to form their own country.

That depends on how the government treats them.

MERRICA

Banned
About Joseph Goebbels surviving daughters.

Hey Calbear
I was wondering about the post-war life of Hedwig and Heidrun whom were the only surviving children of Joseph Goebbels. Would they become peace activists or politicians and be the target of intense scrutiny of everything they did or would they be adopted by a new family and try to live out their lives in relative anonymity?

While communal issues might always be a problem, a lot of what caused the fallout from partition happened because of a rushed exit from India, and was political in nature. Several changes- Wavell was a great Viceroy for example, and, well, the war itself, probably means that the British government enforces many of the things the Muslim League wanted, like parity at the centre with Congress. Plus provincially, there was a lot of collaboration that doesn't get covered, like the coalition governments in all of the 'Muslim' states. A better economic state probably means a lot of communal issues start to fade away. Certainly mass communal ones would although on a local level they're probably still an unpleasant occurrence and a reminder of India's issues.

EDIT: Whoops the post I was replying to is months old now. :eek:

In any case, one thing is that groups like the Jamiat e-Islami was pro-united India, so Islamist agitation is probably less separatist and more pointed towards the conversion and subjugation of the entire country.

I thought of a question over the weekend as I was reading the other thread about AANW post-war. What happened with the internment of the Japanese-American citizens. I assume it happened in the AANW TL, but how long did it last for?

Wendigo

Banned
After reading the thread my question is how many Slavs/Poles were dying annually once the Reich got Generalplan Ost and their other nightmares rolling?

And how long could a Russian or Polish worker expect to live once consigned to the fate of "Extermination through Labor"?

3 months? 6? A year?

After reading the thread my question is how many Slavs/Poles were dying annually once the Reich got Generalplan Ost and their other nightmares rolling?

And how long could a Russian or Polish worker expect to live once consigned to the fate of "Extermination through Labor"?

3 months? 6? A year?

From the author, one year was all it takes to kill someone to be worked to death for the greater glory of the Reich - four for the lucky.

CalBear, I think this was talk about a few months, last year ago I think, but what if the WAllies goes 'screw it' and force the foundation of Israel in the Middle East, telling the Arabs to 'stay in line '?

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
CalBear, I think this was talk about a few months, last year ago I think, but what if the WAllies goes 'screw it' and force the foundation of Israel in the Middle East, telling the Arabs to 'stay in line '?
They could do it. It would violate the hell out of one of the few major principals that actually hold tight to and reduce the respect that they had in that immediate Post-War period when they actually needed other powers to come along for the ride willingly. It would also drastically weaken the arguments that allow Western Alaska and the new Crown Colonies to exist.

Overall, it would be a major negative for little gain. Simply are not enough Jews left thanks to the Reich.

I thought of a question over the weekend as I was reading the other thread about AANW post-war. What happened with the internment of the Japanese-American citizens. I assume it happened in the AANW TL, but how long did it last for?
Unfortunately, same length as IOTL, until Japan was defeated. I didn't play with the Pacific side of the T/L early on, just the end game.

From the author, one year was all it takes to kill someone to be worked to death for the greater glory of the Reich - four for the lucky.
What he said.

Depended on the individual. Some people survived years of unimaginable horrors in Auschwitz, some survived on the work details for a few weeks. Will to live and genetics can work miracles.

I have a question about the stettin kinetic warhead. If the Stettin rebels had surrendered or had been defeated very easily after the rock was launched, was their anyway for the warhead to be redirected so that it went pass the earth, or crashed into the Baltic sea? Also, why did the Stettin Rebels decide to take up arms? Surely they realised how futile their actions were against the A4, and could see how it could conclude. (i.e their death)

During the Warm War, were there any attempts by the CIA or SOE to support partisan resistance?

Also, how did the non-Slavic peoples (e.g., Chechens, Georgians, Crimean Tatars etc) of the USSR fare under Nazi rule? OTL the Nazis tried (rather unsuccessfully) to recruit among various racial minorities in the USSR. Did the same happen in TTL?

During the Warm War, were there any attempts by the CIA or SOE to support partisan resistance?

Also, how did the non-Slavic peoples (e.g., Chechens, Georgians, Crimean Tatars etc) of the USSR fare under Nazi rule? OTL the Nazis tried (rather unsuccessfully) to recruit among various racial minorities in the USSR. Did the same happen in TTL?

Turkish and Estonian folks have outside States as protectors, Caucassians live in uninteresting mountains and Balts are protected by the fact Poland isn't fully settled by Germans; all others are fucked.

Serious resistence only exists in the East, and SOE operatives are there; in the West, nobody want his hometown to end like Lidice or being himself sent to Dachau.

EDIT:Added URL manually since posting on an iPod is difficult.

Last edited:

Teshuvah

Banned
@CalBear Couple of questions I had about the T/L that I don't think you touched on.

What happened to "Mischling" in the Reich, who IOTL were persecuted but not killed en masse?

Did any Jews manage to successfully hide their past/identities and integrate into Nazi society unnoticed? Given that the Reich lasted for 27 years ITTL it's unlikely, but I'm sure someone managed to pull it off.

What's Central America look like? Its entire history from 1945-1991 was defined by the Cold War, so there's got to be massive butterflies.

How heavily fortified is the U.S.-Chinese border?

Last edited:
I'll take it that there was an equivalent of the Bretton Woods treaty in ATL to ensure economic stability. In a unipolar world, did it ever see a collapse like in the OTL 1970s. Have Keynesian theories been discredited?

Status
Not open for further replies.