The Anglo/American - Nazi War - The on-going mystery

and while we're on the topic of sports, do the German statelets get to participate in the olympics? Or does the IOC have some new rule basically saying "The Germans are naughty boy's and are grounded forever"?
Eh, banned from hosting makes sense given how Hitler used the games for propaganda. But banning them from an explicite celebration of peace seems counter-productive.
Sadly, the world of AANW have a neverending vendetta against the German people, even though it was their ancestors that did the atrocities. The rod attack on the Stettin uprising just showed how the A4 has no regards for civilian life since it will no longer tolerate a united Germany.

Perhaps I am wrong that the surviving German states will be banned. I'm thinking that these survivor states (Bavaria as an example) would need to rename because the word Germany is too much of stigma for the present world.

Here's what CalBear wrote regarding a German Statelet using a German anthem in a world sporting event:
Sorry if this seems like a silly question.But what would the reaction be if in an event analogous to the World Cup, a German State team uses the Old German anthem in it's entirety AND wins 7-1 against an A4 member team for the Championship? Again, really sorry if this seems silly.
Not silly.

Not legal ATL either. International sports organizations are no less cautious ATL than IOTL (see how the IOC handled Taiw-... er... Chinese Taipei).
Judging from CalBear's response, he didn't outright say that German Statelets are permanently banned from participating in international sporting events. So it's implied that German Statelets can still participate in the Olympics and the World Cup, but they must compete as separate teams, like OTL East/West Germany.

Plus, I don't think it's possible to make a disease that kills everyone except a particular ethnicity.

I said something to this effect years ago in the main thread, but if a major state with human resources like China's set its mind to the task for long enough, they will get somewhere. It may not be where they wanted to be, but that's not the good news it sounds like.

It's much, much easier to make a disease that's exactly what they want minus the "except a particular ethnicity" detail. And not terribly hard from there to create an effective deadman's switch system.

Last edited:
I said something to this effect years ago in the main thread, but if a major state with human resources like China's set its mind to the task for long enough, they will get somewhere. It may not be where they wanted to be, but that's not the good news it sounds like.

It's much, much easier to make a disease that's exactly what they want minus the "except a particular ethnicity" detail. And not terribly hard from there to create an effective deadman's switch system.
True, but I imagine "somewhere" to be them getting as far as creating some frankenstein combination of herpes rhinovirus and ebola that gets out and makes no distinction based on ethicity. The Cabal doesn't sound like someone who you wluld trust to make a superplague

It's been implied that they have a rough-and-ready sort of industrialization; arms factories, but not much in the way of consumer goods, etc.

How you get a Jumbo North Korea without the various forms of COMECON fuckery that led to North Korea is an interesting question, but it's reasonable to assume a large enough country with strong enough motivation will usually find some way to industrialize, albeit unevenly and with lots of human suffering.

Did the Cabal industrialise China ITTL?
It's been implied that they have a rough-and-ready sort of industrialization; arms factories, but not much in the way of consumer goods, etc.

How you get a Jumbo North Korea without the various forms of COMECON fuckery that led to North Korea is an interesting question, but it's reasonable to assume a large enough country with strong enough motivation will usually find some way to industrialize, albeit unevenly and with lots of human suffering.
I asked the same thing a few posts back. It's definitely not the China of OTL.

This image of Shanghai with gleaming skyscrapers? Yeah, that's butterflied away.
Pudong_Shanghai_November_2017%28cropped%29.jpg

@CalBear I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but how large were the United States armed forces branches immediately after the war's end? In terms of manpower and military units.
I read in the main timeline that the U.S. Armed Forces actually downsized following the war. Carriers and nuclear subs were routinely retired over the decades. For the carriers, the U.S. and the A4 didn't really need much power projection so some carriers were let go. For nuclear SSBNs, most were retired in the decades that followed because of orbital weapons.

How many “National” troops did occupied Europe provide?

I know the story mentions Norwegians in Sardinia, French in Sicily and Norway, Romanians in France etc but what sort of numbers were recruited? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

How bare were Europe’s towns of military-age men when the Nazi rampage was finally stopped?

How bare were Europe’s towns of military-age men when the Nazi rampage was finally stopped?

IIRC there was somewhere stated that in some Norweigian villages/towns hadn't any military-age men left so I guess that in many cases around Europe towns were empty of military-aged men or very few of them.

How many “National” troops did occupied Europe provide?

I know the story mentions Norwegians in Sardinia, French in Sicily and Norway, Romanians in France etc but what sort of numbers were recruited? Tens of thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

IIRC there was somewhere stated that in some Norweigian villages/towns hadn't any military-age men left so I guess that in many cases around Europe towns were empty of military-aged men or very few of them.
What happen to the Norway's monarchy? Did the King flee to Britain, Canada, or the U.S.?

What happen to the Norway's monarchy? Did the King flee to Britain, Canada, or the U.S.?

Royal family fled to London already before POD so I would assume that they remained there until end of the war an returned when Norway was liberated.

But I am wondering what did happen with Belgian and Danish royal families. They both were on captivity of Germans whole war in OTL.

Royal family fled to London already before POD so I would assume that they remained there until end of the war an returned when Norway was liberated.

But I am wondering what did happen with Belgian and Danish royal families. They both were on captivity of Germans whole war in OTL.
Damn, the Belgian and Danish families didn't make it? I think they would have been a high-value POW just like General Wainwright and General Pervical.

What about Queen Wilhemina of The Netherlands?

Damn, the Belgian and Danish families didn't make it? I think they would have been a high-value POW just like General Wainwright and General Pervical.

Though with how dark this TL is, I can see Hiter giving them the Vercingetorix treatment.

IIRC Dutch royal family too fled from Netherlands pretty quickly.

Though with how dark this TL is, I can see Hiter giving them the Vercingetorix treatment.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Hurting such high-ranking people wouldn't give for Hitler anything and probably it just would make them martyrs and make resistance even harder. But you can't ever know what nazis are going to do.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. Hurting such high-ranking people wouldn't give for Hitler anything and probably it just would make them martyrs and make resistance even harder. But you can't ever know what nazis are going to do.
Or they will be turned into a Puyi.

In OTL, British author P.G. Wodehouse famously created the butler character named Jeeves. He was enormously popular in the US and UK until World War II. He was living in France at the time of that nation's fall to Nazi Germany and was interned for the rest of the war. He made certain recordings which were used for Nazi radio broadcasts. This led to accusations of collaborating with the Germans and did enormous damage to his reputation. He spent most of the rest of his life in exile in the United States until his death in 1975.

In this timeline, CalBear, what became of Wodehouse?

In OTL, British author P.G. Wodehouse famously created the butler character named Jeeves. He was enormously popular in the US and UK until World War II. He was living in France at the time of that nation's fall to Nazi Germany and was interned for the rest of the war. He made certain recordings which were used for Nazi radio broadcasts. This led to accusations of collaborating with the Germans and did enormous damage to his reputation. He spent most of the rest of his life in exile in the United States until his death in 1975.

In this timeline, CalBear, what became of Wodehouse?

@CalBear this is the last place I'd expect a Jeeves and Wooster reference......so tempting the fate of better ATL writers than me.....what happened?