That Forgotten Revolution

So this won't be futile: That revolution was lead by Tupac Amaru II, a long-term descendant of the Inca rulers (well, at least he claimed to be).

By 1805 the US is an independent country that can fight. The Yankee traders may decide to ship guns to some port that the rebels capture.

I can't see the US helping an Indian state against one of the two European countries who bring they their independence, at a time when the own US were fighting another Indian state under Tecumseh. I also can't see the early US fleet rounding Cape Horn to fight in Peru, seriously.

The only good candidate are the British. They can perfectly make an ironic politic helping the Indian rebels against a country who helped the Colonial rebels against Britain. If the rebels can capture an important port like Lima, then could be an important flow of weapons and even advisors to the "Incan" army.

Well, in my opinion the situation is more interesting at the time of OTL Tupac rebellion, the early 1780s. If Tupac Amaru has more success during the American Revolutionary War and can take Cuzco and Lima, it is enough to make Britain and Spain according peace in exchange of mutual non-interference in each rebellion. So Gálvez y Madrid leave the Florida campaign in order to fight in Peru, freeing the British of a two front war in the Southern colonies. Perhaps even Spain could stop the entry of weapons to the American rebels trough New Orleans in exchange of the British abandoning the same action in Lima. This obviously change OTL American War of Independence.

Last edited:
Wow. Remember when I used to post timelines? Heh.

Actually, I never did drop Tupac Amaru and his New Empire of Tahuantinsuyu. They are one of the major features of the timeline I spend most of my time on these days. I did end up taking Walter up on his suggestion, by the way: I have no American Revolution, so the Incas are not inspired by it and (much) later revolt successfully. Their history is one of my favorite parts of the TL, though they aren't the "focus."

Of course, it's so big and overly detailed at this point, I'm not sure how I'll ever get it down on pixel.

If there's an excess of interest, maybe I could give it a start...

Keenir

Banned
Wow. Remember when I used to post timelines? Heh.

Actually, I never did drop Tupac Amaru and his New Empire of Tahuantinsuyu. They are one of the major features of the timeline I spend most of my time on these days. I did end up taking Walter up on his suggestion, by the way: I have no American Revolution, so the Incas are not inspired by it and (much) later revolt successfully. Their history is one of my favorite parts of the TL, though they aren't the "focus."

Of course, it's so big and overly detailed at this point, I'm not sure how I'll ever get it down on pixel.

If there's an excess of interest, maybe I could give it a start...

please?
I for one would be most interested.

Thande

Donor
I'm planning to do something with this as well in a timeline, although it won't be the exact POD. I'll try not to steal any of Admiral Matt's ideas if he's also going to consider this.

My intentions are to have a too-harsh Spanish response to the Incan rebellion which turns some of the more moderate (and European descended) people in the colonies against them, and so the rebellion ceases to have a solely "Indian" flavour to it.

Well, the thing is, the rebellion didn't start with a distinctly Indian flavor. Initially, it was about Spanish economic and political oppression, and both pure-Spaniards, Mestizos, and full-blooded Indians supported it. The Inca thing was just a convenient rallying cry. Once it was crushed in its infancy, though, only the Indians were still seriously behind it, the whole thing became radicalized, and by the end it was mostly Peruvian aristocrats slaughtering Peruvian peasants.

Not that you should be discouraged, Thande. Certainly if the Spanish had made the mistake of treating the Peruvian upper class as rebels they could have made themselves some real enemies.