Telephone/Exquisite Corpse Maps : Main Thread

Good people of AH.com, I've the pleasure to welcome you to

TELEPHONE / EXQUISITE CORPSE
Main Thread

---​

This is the comfy and relatively empty (for now, I hope) thread for what is known so far as Telephone / Exquisite Corpse map game.

What is it?
A cartographic game, where a chain of participants try to draw map of a TL.
The catch is, we never see all of it : the first participant draws a map that he gave, without background, to the second that have to guess which TL is it and to make a new map from it...
Before sending the second map, and only the second map to the next fellow...

Wait, isn't the result...kind of chaotic?
That's the whole point of it!
Eventually, when everyone send the maps back to the first participant, he post everyone's works in the creation order...and results are expected to be quite random.

Oooh! Can I participate?
Yes, of course!
Just make a post with your name, and the place you want to be in the chain (First, Last, 8th...) and you'll be part of the next game.

Are they rules?
Yes. They will be precised in each session thread but here's the ones we agreed on at first.

- Each participant will recieve a map, and will try to make one that he thinks could be from the same TL. Once finished, they'll send it to the next participant AND to the first participant.

- The last participant will give their map to the first one, that will have to post all of them on this thread.

- No more than 100 words, key not included.

- Maps' size shouldn't be bigger than 148 × 210mm or 1748 × 2480 pixels (30dpi)

- There's no obligation to represent the same area, events, or general presentation.

- It's preferrable to send with the map (but not on the map) a bit of background and how it's supposed to connect with the previous map.

Some may be modified or added. Please check the threads!

Is that all?
Pretty much. Have fun!

(Discussion thread only!)

Last edited:
I'm assuming this is the turns we're going to use:

Upvoteanthology --> LSCatilina --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Krall --> Reagent --> Nanwe --> Minnesota_Nationalist --> islander --> PiratePartyist --> TurkishCapybara

Bumping this thread - since it appears our chain failed at the second link.

Who is still interested in this concept - and who would like to join; if anyone?

Here. I'm interested still. Try PMing Krall since he left AH.com, and ToixStory also did, but she's on Althistoria board.

I sent my map to Zalesky, the chain has started once more! :D I guess he can send it to Reagent next, I'll figure out an order if everyone's okay with it. :D

Upvoteanthology --> Zalezsky --> Alex Richards --> Reagent --> Nanwe --> Codae --> islander --> SpazzReflex --> Miranda Brawner --> PiratePartyist --> TurkishCapybara --> Krall

How's this? :)

Last edited: