Tel Aviv Tea: Oil in Israel

Jerusalem juice. I just couldnt resist. Guess the POD is back in the dinosaur age, if dinosaurs are indeed the source of crude oil. At any rate, after WWII, oil is discovered all over Israel, syria, and lebanon. Perhaps not in saudi arabia quantities, but significant nonetheless.

How much chaos do we have in the Mid East now? How many more countries risk open war with israel, rather than covert means? Does the UK and France press harder during the Suez crisis? Does the USA become Israels friend faster? Is the US more willing to intervene directly in the conflict with the PLO/Hamas?

Do we just get WIII?

Israel's lack of oil isn't much of a problem for the country, they did pretty well without it. It is oil in Arabs' hands which is THE source of turmoil, as Arabs have no other means to influence world or finance their repeated jihads but oil.

You dont think that having a strategic partner in Israel, and having vital oil interests there, would make America more sensitive to threats to Israel?

I would never hear the end of Those Damn Jewish oil men raised our gas prices again... people will use anything to blame the Jews.

This might actually retard Israel's development. It would be easier to pay for outside tech and they might not have to rely on their own industry as much.

I would never hear the end of Those Damn Jewish oil men raised our gas prices again... people will use anything to blame the Jews.

This might actually retard Israel's development. It would be easier to pay for outside tech and they might not have to rely on their own industry as much.

Still, there were a lot of countries which wouldn't sell to Israel.

How much oil? Kuwait levels, Egypt levels, or what? And is any of it in what are now the occupied territories (of course, in this timeline, the occupied territories will probably be claimed to extend further, to include the oil)? And when is it found? All of these variables will have interesting consequences.

Depending on when oil was discovered after the war there may not get to be a Israel. It would give the British a reason hang in there, spend money for infrastructure and send in more troops to keep Palestine under their control.