Suez War What If?: Land Down Under

During the Suez War, both before and during the joint Franco-British-Israeli intervention there was large support for the UK in Australia and New Zealand as well, as to a lesser degree, Ceylon.

There was opened support for the UK in Australia and New Zealand with Ceylon being a British leaning neutral due to on-going military negotiations. Additionally there was even talk in Australia/New Zealand of ANZAC troops being sent to Egypt to support the war.

What if Australia/New Zealand sent troops to join earlier. How would this change thing, with now it's Middle East Ally, two strongest European allies and it's two main allies in the pacific in a joint operation to secure the Suez Canal.

Plus to make it more interesting Ceylon, while not sending troops, publicly supports the UK.

US: Reaction and response?
USSR: Reaction and response?
Rest of the World: Reaction and response?

Riain

Banned
While Australian diplomatic support for the British is well known I've not heard of any proposals to send Australian forces for the actual fighting, or even garrisoning afterwards. Do you have sources, I'd be interested to read them?

I originally heard this on youtube, a recording of a history channel. I'll see if i can find it but this is the other source i've found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suez_Crisis#Commonwealth_reaction

Under Commonwealth reaction
"The memory, however, of the two nations fighting in two world wars to protect a canal which many still called their "lifeline" to Britain or "jugular vein", contributed to Australian Prime Minister Robert Menzies and Sidney Holland of New Zealand's support for Britain in the early weeks after the seizure. On 7 August Holland hinted to his parliament that New Zealand might send troops to assist Britain, and received support from the opposition"