Breitspur was just an idiotic Nazi dream.
I think this Germany will probably use Maglevs, especially since they have much more advanced tech than OTL.

That is true , but is might have a use of moving out sized cargos to across Russia and Siberia.
That could be useful in moving in mining equipment, mobile hospitals, moving ships and submarines to the far east.

Last edited:
There may be a rising tide in Anti-Semitism in Eastern Europe and the United States and this may be causing an increase in immigration of Jews to the Palestinian territories.

In the newly restored Imperial Russia and the newly independent countries of the Soviet Union a combination of historic Anti-Semitism and the purging of former Communist Party members from government positions with the blessings of the Orthodox Church may be going on.
Czar Gregory and the more nationalist factions may be using this to consolidate power in Russia and by accusing Jews of things like "Cosmopolitanism", not being "Russian" enough and for being the foreign ideology of Marxism to Russia they can unite the Russian people against a common historic foe.

In the United States there was a wave of Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe before the POD, and with the Fourth Great Awakening, there may be a lot more Anti-Semitism around and even more in the open, if that's possible, with politicians from the South and Midwest saying that Jewish people are incapable of being good Americans because of the fact that they are Jews and only "Good White Christians" from Western Europe can be good Americans.
This also could mean that there is also a strong tide of Anti-Catholicism because of the allegiance to a "Foreign Pope" and along with the experience of being in Catholic France during the Great War, white Protestants from the South and Midwest could have as mkemp pointed out, that the high rate of VD from the soldiers sent to France could.have caused a backlash.

All of this could be causing a renewal for a Jewish Homeland in the Palestinian territories and this is causing conflicts between Arabs and Jewsish settlers there.

I think that once the British get tired of getting shot at by both sides in Palestine they'll start making plans to leave. When that happens the Arabs will start sharpening their daggers and a number of Jewish veterans of the Soviet war will emigrate there along with some of the megatons of surplus arms lying around.

I think that once the British get tired of getting shot at by both sides in Palestine they'll start making plans to leave. When that happens the Arabs will start sharpening their daggers and a number of Jewish veterans of the Soviet war will emigrate there along with some of the megatons of surplus arms lying around.

Did any thing like the 1930's Arab revolts occur ITL its after the POD but the situation in the near and middle east was still a lot like OTL as the butterfly's where mostly in Europe and the Americas first

Did any thing like the 1930's Arab revolts occur ITL its after the POD but the situation in the near and middle east was still a lot like OTL as the butterfly's where mostly in Europe and the Americas first

About the only thing I could find about that is this:

Chapter Four Hundred Twenty-Four

29th September 1944

Potsdam

Kat was reading the newspaper to the Empress as she was laying in her bed. As in the past Kira had swiftly grown stir crazy in these situations it had fallen on Kat to think of things to do that weren’t strenuous, not something that she was really equipped to do.

“After heavy fighting continued for a second day in Riyadh. A spokesman for the Sultan has declared the city safe and the City’s Army victorious” Kat read aloud, she put that paper aside, “Sorry your Highness but the way I read this is that the raiders left the city with as much as they could carry. The locals are declaring victory because the raiders left.”

“That is how it works in the Arabian Desert” Cecilie said, “Ancient grievances, tribal warfare and raiding neighbors is the pastime.”

“You know a thing or two about it?” Kira asked.

“The whole region is a bit of a mess” Cecilie said, “After the First Great War the British and the Ottomans left. The locals were left to their own devices. It really is like a giant pot of crabs.”

Kat understood that metaphor, crabs will pull each other back into the pot, preventing them from escaping. Her understanding of the Near East was that it had divided along ethnic and sectarian lines after the First Great War. The only times they could agree with each other was when one faction got too powerful. Then they would band together to take that faction down.

The Revolts in Palestine and Mesopotamia OTL where the ones I was referring to and they occurred in 1936 & 1920 rrespectivly

@Peabody-Martini have mercy on the muslim world.:teary:
Loosing Istanbul, civil war in Arabia...
Is Egypt still under British rule?

The Muslim world, or the Arab world? Because those are separate things. Iran is doing alright ITTL, South Asia is no worse besides being a backwater. India and North Africa are much like they were IOTL at this point. The Middle East is presently a mess, but with the Sykes-Picot Agreement having fallen apart, no lines were drawn which means that things are shaking themselves out in a more organic process. In the meantime it's a protracted, ugly affair.

Part 49, Chapter 653
Chapter Six Hundred Fifty-Three

9th May 1948

Hà Tĩnh, Vietnam

Duc Phan had found himself dragooned into aiding the hapless European travelers who had been arriving in Hanoi, and then been getting lost heading South, for the last several days. Then helping to police the large crowd that had gathered there on the shore of the Pacific.

It would have been downright lousy week until Tilo Schultz shown up when he had. He had bought a ticket on the train headed east when he had heard about the eclipse along with thousands of others. A small stripe of Vietnam was within the zone of totality unlike elsewhere, where it was expected to be more of an annular eclipse. It was a detail that had brought astronomers, photographers, academics and the merely curious by the thousands from all over the world. Unlike most of Phan’s men, Tilo knew how to speak with the tourists.

The Vietnamese Government had advertised it as soon as they had seen the predictions, but they had been unprepared for the response and the resulting stampede to the remote costal Hà Tĩnh Province. The arrival of Tilo had been an unexpected but welcome development. “I needed to escape the reach of Mad Dog Horst before he got me killed anyway” was what Tilo had to say on the matter. Even Phan had heard of Walter Horst, he was supposed to be one of the greatest of the German Generals, and to Phan’s eternal bewilderment, he had been having Tilo help him study the tactics of the Japanese Imperial Army. Small wonder Tilo had caught a train to the other side of the planet.

Now, standing on the beach they were waiting. As Phan watched the sky was darkening, becoming dim like twilight. They had all been warned not to look at the sun, so Phan didn’t, but he could see wavy shadows on the ground all around them.

“Here” Tilo said handing Phan a piece of black glass that all the Europeans seemed to have. Tilo apparently had a couple of them, so he gave Phan one. Looking to the sky, Phan looked and saw the moon covering a substantial portion of the sun which was red through the glass. He handed the glass to one of his men and they passed it around so that everyone could get a look. In the nearest village, the sound of the villagers beating on pots and pans could be heard to frighten off the dragon who was attempting to devour the sun. They had been told it was just the moon, but either they knew better, or it was a part of the fun. Phan suspected that latter explanation was the most likely.

Then the sun just became a thin ring of silver around the moon and the stars came out, the horizon looking like right before sunrise in every direction and the stars were visible. Phan could hear clapping and cheering in the crowd. As if this were a show for their benefit. Then it was over, the sun came back out from behind the moon. That afternoon they watched as the crowds had quickly dwindled as they made their way back to the nearest train station to catch their ride back to Hanoi or Saigon. Tilo stuck around overnight as he and Phan told stories about their role in the Pacific War. The next day Tilo had said that he wasn’t planning on sticking around, he had other places to explore and he’d already been all over Vietnam. Phan wished him luck.

Near Kleinburg, Silesia

Ilse was still getting used to the silence. She had started taking Biology courses at University in hopes of gaining an understanding of who she was. She had learned all of that and far more than she had been prepared to learn. Oddly, she had thrown herself into those studies to keep from being overwhelmed. When the break between the winter and summer terms had rolled around she had spoken to her Professors of her need to continue those over the break. They had been apologetic but had told her that she could learn a great deal from going out into the forest. For Ilse that had seemed absurd, she had never been more than a few kilometers from the Berlin neighborhoods where she had lived her whole life.

It had been Helene’s mother who’d come up with the idea that she travel to the von Richthofen estate in Silesia. It included a section of ancient forest unlike anything found elsewhere. There were quite a few things that she had needed to know before the Graf had allowed her onto his property. The remains of soldiers were still occasionally found. If Ilse found them she was to inform the Graf immediately and he would take care of it. By now it would be just scattered bones and bits of uniform, but he insisted. The other things she needed be mindful of were the wildlife, the Hunt Master who managed the estate for the Graf had insisted that he spend his time informing Ilse of the hidden dangers and there were far more than she thought there would be. She hadn't realized that unexploded ordnance could present such a problem.

Mostly, she was left to her own devices, sitting in a deer blind left over from the previous autumn with a pair of binoculars and her notebook recording her observations. While she was far from bored, there were a great many things she had noticed. The constant background noise of the city was noticeably missing and that had proven to be the hardest thing to get used to.

Last edited:
PM love your work, I was wonder if it was just me or if there was something missing from this update at the end it kinda just stops.

I think that Ilse will be a pioneer in habitat restoration and this will take places like the Brazilian Rainforest and other places devastated by man or nature.

Ilse could write a monograph Unexpected Problems With Managing Fought-over Woodlands, mentioning the well-known unexploded ordnance and unrecovered human remains but introducing the problem of trees difficult to deal with because of all the bullets and shell fragments in them. I have a feeling that they'd ruin chainsaws, axes and sawmills.

Ilse could write a monograph Unexpected Problems With Managing Fought-over Woodlands, mentioning the well-known unexploded ordnance and unrecovered human remains but introducing the problem of trees difficult to deal with because of all the bullets and shell fragments in them. I have a feeling that they'd ruin chainsaws, axes and sawmills.

Very true; I've not seen the shell fragments, but it isn't unusual in old farm country to find old bits of fence, nails, and other things that trees have swallowed. I've also run into a bottle that a tree had swallowed when cutting wood

Yep, trees with shrapnel grown into the wood are murder on any kind of saws. That's nearly the same thing as some of the green types spiking trees with railroad spikes or similar to prevent logging. (Nothing against preseving nature, but injuring or daming someone or something in order to protect it is all kinds of stupid IMHO).

Very true; I've not seen the shell fragments, but it isn't unusual in old farm country to find old bits of fence, nails, and other things that trees have swallowed. I've also run into a bottle that a tree had swallowed when cutting wood

Zone Rouge was also mentioned, an issue that has come up in recent years has been that trees that were saplings during WW1 absorbed poison gas, particularly mustard agent, and it's been discovered that it's still in the wood and dangerous a century later.

Zone Rouge was also mentioned, an issue that has come up in recent years has been that trees that were saplings during WW1 absorbed poison gas, particularly mustard agent, and it's been discovered that it's still in the wood and dangerous a century later.

With the level of toxins and poisons mixed with unexploded ordnance I think that decontamination of the most polluted areas just isn't possible. The worst thing is that the pollution gets carried by runoff to areas outside the zone.