The carnage was profound as the results came in, at no point in modern history had the voters made a President as thoroughly irrelevant as Thomas Dewey.
Jesus. This Electoral College or Popular Vote? Because EC, well, we had Washington who literally got 100% on two seperate occasions.

Klaus Fuchs is the defector, that is what my bookie is telling me.

Kat is going to Switzerland on a "Package Retrieval Mission".

Klaus Fuchs is the defector, that is what my bookie is telling me.

Kat is going to Switzerland on a "Package Retrieval Mission".
Doubtful, he's in a embassy, and once he hits Switzerland.....

That being said, there's still enroute to Switzerland to be used.

Fuchs would make sense. It could also be a no name, one of the OTL Nazis, who decides that the stricter, "more traditional" America is better than the "degenerate, liberal" Germany.

Nah, von Braun is having the time of his life sending up rockets. Why would he want to go to America when the German rocket program is beginning to fulfill his dreams of space?

MMmmm..... I think it is a son/nephew or younger brother of the "old" right / Junkers that got hammered by (Kat) the Abwehr in their failed Putsch. He has the motivation to have his revenge on the goverment that kicked his family from their land etc.. etc...

WW II US military :

12,209,238 men in the services in 1945;
View attachment 362383 women in all services;
View attachment 362388 nonwhites (901,896 African-Americans);
17,000,000 new civilian jobs created.

The exact number of women employed eludes me but Rosie the Riveter became a cultural icon.

Yeah, WWII had the effect of turning US society upside down and stirring it with a stick.

That was the OTL US society while the German society was destroyed by the war. ITTL it's the German society that was stirred up to fight the Soviet War while the US society remained relatively stratified and stagnant.

When Manfred said that he noticed that Hans gulped, and he had a sinking suspicion as to why he and Helene had come up here for the weekend. The damned boy was clearly crap at being a card player and Manfred knew he should have seen this coming. Hopefully whatever child his daughter had would get her intelligence. Now he had to put on a show for Käte and Helene. The sister, Katherine, had bolted from here hours earlier saying that there was an emergency that she was needed to deal with. The Mischners were, as always, living down to his expectations.

Arrogant prick.

The carnage was profound as the results came in, at no point in modern history had the voters made a President as thoroughly irrelevant as Thomas Dewey. Standing against intervention as markets were crashing around the world had reminded voters uncomfortably of what had happened while Charles Curtis had been President and that had been an albatross around the neck of the entire Republican Party. The Democratic Party now had enough numbers in the US Senate to override a Presidential veto. The Senate Leadership had already laid out an ambitious agenda and were practically daring Dewey to even think of starting a showdown.

Jesus. This Electoral College or Popular Vote? Because EC, well, we had Washington who literally got 100% on two seperate occasions.

1946 would be a mid-term election.

Dewey's lost control of both the House and the Senate. The only restraining factor is that the Supreme Court of the time might find some stuff unconstitutional.

Think about how Obama's last two years went [vituperative rant deleted].

Does the house also have enough to override a veto? If so, Dewey can delay laws, but not stop them, if people mindlessly vote along party lines.

Starting to think Dewey is getting too rough a ride. In many ways would have been an excellent president, none of which we are seeing here. Genuinely committed to campaigning against organised crime, more so than any OTL president prior to Carter and again a strong supporter of black civil rights. And not a new dealer but I don't think he would have been a blindly ideological non-interventionist in the economy either.

Of course if they realise who is on her way to deal with the problem they would be well advised just to hand him straight back, just ask Jack Kennedy. Too many breakable things around, people, buildings, egos, reputations, mountains...

Starting to think Dewey is getting too rough a ride. In many ways would have been an excellent president, none of which we are seeing here. Genuinely committed to campaigning against organised crime, more so than any OTL president prior to Carter and again a strong supporter of black civil rights. And not a new dealer but I don't think he would have been a blindly ideological non-interventionist in the economy either.

More like getting dealt a bad hand. He comes across a lot like Al Gore, where the public persona doesn't match the actual person. He finds himself getting squeezed between a political party, that has been out of power for a generation, a Congress that has absolutely no interest in working with him and a domestic situation that's spiraling.

Not Schultz, he has no reason to.
One of his team could be interesting. Especially if they know about Jane Edna Hoover.