Star Wars scripts just found

if lucas died and star wars was never green lighted, thered be no scripts to find.

this site:

http://secrethistoryofstarwars.com/

shatters the idea that lucas had any of this, aside from a vauge and very incomplete outline, planned out in advance.. if star wars is never given the green light, then lucas would never have assembled the group which helped him put star wars together.
I laid out a very specific scenario of what happened in this history. Work with it. There's no ASBs, nothing absurd. Just someone working on their favorite script, dying, and leaving it to someone else to take up. Do not debate whether this would happen, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars.

Beat me to it.

...How about Ian McKellern for Obi Wan? Or Ben Kingsley (possibly the best actor around full stop)...

Here's the really difficult one though - who could possibly give Darth Vader
1. The manace in the voice that James Earl Jones gave him
2. The sheer physical presence of David Prouse (it's a really under-rated piece of purely physical acting from him, absolutely sensational)

I was going to say that... :(

Either of those two would be good. Maybe Patrick Stewart? He'd have a background in sci-fi - that's if TNG had appeared with him as Captain in this TL, which may be unlikely.

I do like the idea though, of Ian McKellen (no 'r', by the way), saying

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

in the ominous Gandalf style we've all come to know and love. The same style as "In the common tongue it says, "One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them." :cool:

Last edited:
Sir Derek Jacobi at Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Haden Pianatteir(Clare on Heroes) as Leia.
Ian MacDiarmid as Tarkin.
James Franco as Han Solo.
Laurence Fishburne as Lando.
Ben Foster(Angel in X-men 3) as Skywalker.

I laid out a very specific scenario of what happened in this history. Work with it. There's no ASBs, nothing absurd. Just someone working on their favorite script, dying, and leaving it to someone else to take up. Do not debate whether this would happen, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dollars.

i understand. i'm just saying, those are the facts.

but, for the sake of the TL, the facts dont matter. i'll play, but i need to think about this for a moment.

Hmm, who would get to play Han? I doubt anyone could make him as great a character as Ford did in OTL (incidentally, Ford will probably never break into acting)... and who's old and distinguished enough to play Obi-Wan?

Hell, who would the director be? If the studio thinks it'll be a big hit maybe they'll get a big name... a Scorcese Star Wars, for example, might be interesting, though we might get DiCaprio as Luke.

Of course, all of that's avoiding the major butterflies no SW would have on such a world anyway- would a different movie series just take its place? And does Lucas still do some of the other things he did in OTL, like his partnership with Spielberg?
Quentin Tarantino as director. Angelina as Leia. Keanu Reeves as Luke. Jack Nicholson as Han. Some Hollywood Legend as Obi Wan. No clue for Vader or the C3PO.

After the success of The Matrix, MGM jumped on the science fiction band wagon by filming the "Star Wars" script that had been knocking around Hollywood for years. They decided to cast as many big-name actors as possible to help box office revenue.

Unable to imagine any science fiction movie that does not star Keanu Reeves, the producers insist that he be cast as Luke Skywalker. Jodi Foster signed on as Princes Lea when Drew Barrymore backed out at the eleventh hour.

Other cast:
Tom Cruise as Han Solo
Jack Nicholson as the voice of Yoda
Viggo Mortensen as Darth Vader
Sean Connery as Obi Wan
Steve Buscemi is comic relief as the voice of C3P0
Jeremy Irons as Grand Moff Tarken
Kevin Spacey agreed to play a cameo as Uncle Owen and John Travolta had a walk on part as Greedo (Travolta's dance scene in the cantina was cut from the release version of the film under a cloud of controversy).

I veto Reeves as Skywalker.
And who do you propose? If they're putting a lot of effort into the movie being big, then Luke won't be an unknown... if not Reeves, I could see another big name star like Bloom or DiCaprio playing the lead.

Jack Nicholson as Yoda is priceless but realistic. :D

HueyLong

Banned
By ignoring the film butterflies and the real history of the Star Wars saga, this is basically just that other thread- what if George Lucas decided to remake the Original Trilogy?

randomkeith

Banned
Leonardo Di Caprio as Luke

Brad Pitt as Han

Jack Nicholsan as Vader

Bruce Willis as Obi Wan

Natalie Portman as Liea

Who said Han had to be white. Will Smith could be a good Han. I can totally see Johny Depp as Han. That guy who played Eragon could be Luke. Keira Knightly could be Leia she can pull of the regal look.

Heh, the though about johnny being han is pretty good. Especially if he needs to act like a scoundrel...'cough'...Jack Sparrow...'cough'...

That guy who played Eragon could be Luke.
Gah! NOOO!!!!!
Then again, Jeremy Irons was practically playing Obi-Wan Kenobi in that movie so he could do the real thing.

My two other suggestions:
Nathan Fillion as Han Solo
Michael Clarke Duncan as Darth Vader (suit AND voice)

Gah! NOOO!!!!!
Then again, Jeremy Irons was practically playing Obi-Wan Kenobi in that movie so he could do the real thing.

My two other suggestions:
Nathan Fillion as Han Solo
Michael Clarke Duncan as Darth Vader (suit AND voice)

Hey, I like the Darth suggestion there.

Just think, he could have been playing Darth Vader, instead of the Kingpin...:(

What role would Daniel Craig be good in? In OTL, he's now Bond, as well as having one of the major roles in "The Golden Compass" (or Northern Lights, as I like to call it, since - you know - THAT'S WHAT THE BOOK IS CALLED).