Sports What Ifs.

I asked this on the baseball fever website but thought I would ask it here too.

Suppose the Red Sox get Jamie Foxx a year early and some other things happen to keep Joe Cronin from going to boston. He stays with washington, where the owner was his father-in-law, till his career is over. Would he continue to be manager that whole time? General manager? Would the team have gotten better Talent OR would a lack of money have kept them from getting some of the talent the Red Sox got when Cronin was General Manager there?

Would the Senators have moved? Cronin liked Washington but he was from San francisco. When Calvin Griffith became the owner, and it's very unlikely that it would go to Cronin, they probably still move but could he get them to move to San Francisco?

We all know about Norwood's miss in SB XXV. However, the seeds for this heartbreak may have started in 1982, when Gary Anderson didn't perform well in Bills training camp (as a rookie), which led to his release (and signing with Pittsburgh):

We all know about Norwood's miss in SB XXV. However, the seeds for this heartbreak may have started in 1982, when Gary Anderson didn't perform well in Bills training camp (as a rookie), which led to his release (and signing with Pittsburgh):

Anderson would have failed that kick anyway, giants special team fucking pressure the kicker hard

In the 2000 draft, what if the Pittsburgh Steelers pass on Plaxico Burress, and instead draft linebacker Brian Urlacher?
He might enough to help the 2004 Steelers to beat NE..or Brian presence would change the franchise so they never draft big Ben and Maddox lost in playoffs as otl? Also no 2005 title either?

Maybe they draft Matt Schaub in 2004 if Big Ben is not around but, if they still draft Big Ben as OTL (he was a good QB in his prime, whatever one might say about his off-the-field issues), the Steelers might win more Super Bowls than they did in OTL--they got to the AFC title game the year Big Ben debuted...

Matt Schaub I picked because he was also a solid QB...

In the 2000 draft, what if the Pittsburgh Steelers pass on Plaxico Burress, and instead draft linebacker Brian Urlacher?
They might not bring in someone like Potsie (James Farrior). They would have have Brian and Larry Foote at ILB in the 2000's, which would have been fine.

Also, maybe they draft another WR in that draft or the next one (Lavernaues Coles? Steve Smith? Antonio Bryant?).

I have a firm belief that if the Patriots beat the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG, they would lose to the Bears in the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman is the perfect meme qb to outduel Brady alongside Eli Manning and Nick Foles

I have a firm belief that if the Patriots beat the Colts in the 2006 AFCCG, they would lose to the Bears in the Super Bowl. Rex Grossman is the perfect meme qb to outduel Brady alongside Eli Manning and Nick Foles
For that to happen, they would need the kickoff return TD that they got to start the game (by Devin Hester), and to stick with the run (and get a turnover or two on defense).

Also, here's another angle: What if Grossman gets knocked out by the Patriot D, and Kyle Orton comes in and leads the Bears to victory (and keeps the starting job from now on)? Do they still trade him to Denver in 2009?

1) What if the Browns stayed in St. Louis and the Cardinals moved to Baltimore? How does this change the dynamics of expansion? Do the Cubs end up in the NL West with the Baltimore Cardinals now in the NL East? Do the White Sox end up in the AL East?

2) What if the New Orleans Saints were able to get Tony Romo from the Dallas Cowboys, thereby making it unnecessary to take a risk on Drew Brees? Does Brees end up becoming a legend in the CFL or does he end up as a backup somewhere?

3) What if Tom Brady’s injury at the start of the 2008 season was career ending?

4) What if Lebron James opted to play college basketball first rather than going straight to the NBA?

Cardinals moved to Baltimore?
Cardinals were the better team,make no sense. Browns to LA was more pausable
Does Brees end up becoming a legend in the CFL or does he end up as a backup somewhere?
Ravens,cowboys ,the BUCS would gladly take him

) What if Tom Brady’s injury at the start of the 2008 season was career ending?
Matt Cassel was serviceable but the pats dynasty ends earlier...maybe that force belichick to hire a real GM?

) What if Lebron James opted to play college basketball first rather than going straight to the NBA?
You've to avoid the white Hummer incident... Which college would have he choose? Also He truly wanted to play for the cavaliers

2) What if the New Orleans Saints were able to get Tony Romo from the Dallas Cowboys, thereby making it unnecessary to take a risk on Drew Brees? Does Brees end up becoming a legend in the CFL or does he end up as a backup somewhere?
At that point, Brees's first option would be Miami, and the higher-ups didn't want him because of his injury (even though Saban allegedly did).

Does Dallas take a look? They just traded Romo in this world, and they acquired Drew Bledsoe to be their QB. They could put him behind Drew for a year and let his shoulder completely heal, and then give him the keys to the car in 2007.

3) What if Tom Brady’s injury at the start of the 2008 season was career ending?
This one is a doozy.

Short term, it means that the Broncos aren't trying to trade for Cassel in 2009 because he is now the starter in Foxboro (that doesn't guarantee that Cutler stays in Denver because I think that McBaby did some other things to turn him off).

If Belichick goes on and wins a SB (or more) with Cassel (or someone else), you have to say that it does expose Tom Brady as a system QB to some degree, and his legacy takes a major hit.

This is something I just found:

Go to 37:14. With 2:29 left in their 2001 Week 17 game with the Jets, Raider QB Rich Gannon missed a wide open Roland Williams at the Jet 49 (the Raiders were winning 22-21 at the time).

If he hits that pass, the Raiders probably run out the clock, and get the first-round bye instead of NE. That sends the Seahawks to Foxborough on Jan. 12th, 2002 at 8 p.m. for the WC game (the weather would have been about 35 degrees and no precip according to the Farmer's Almanac).

NE wins over Seattle, but I don't see them winning the next week in Oakland. That sets up an old school Raiders@Steelers AFC Title Game.

What are your thoughts about this?

At that point, Brees's first option would be Miami, and the higher-ups didn't want him because of his injury (even though Saban allegedly did).
That was believed to be one of the reasons Saban left Miami for the University of Alabama--although, unlike Bobby Petrino when the latter coached the Falcons, he at least finished out the 2006 season with the Dolphins before going to Alabama (granted, the Dolphins weren't that good that season)...

That was believed to be one of the reasons Saban left Miami for the University of Alabama--although, unlike Bobby Petrino when the latter coached the Falcons, he at least finished out the 2006 season with the Dolphins before going to Alabama (granted, the Dolphins weren't that good that season)...
Yeah realizing he doesn't have that power on the team, regardless if not Miami, cowboys, ravens,jets are options

Raiders loss the SB vs the Rams, regardless BB already was pushing Brady over bledsoe(cheaper) , but the butterflies are countless too
Brady may still have kept the job going into 2002 (in this world), but I don't know if it's 100% certainty. Remember, they signed Bledsoe to a long-term deal before the 2001 season.

Let's say they go back to Bledsoe, and he plays in NE like he did in Buffalo in 2002 (with 4,359 yards, 24 TD's, only 15 INT's, and a Pro Bowl berth). He takes them to the playoffs again, but they lose in Oakland. As a result, I don't see Brady coming back in 2003. He is traded to a team like the Bears or the Ravens for their first round pick.

Brady may still have kept the job going into 2002 (in this world), but I don't know if it's 100% certainty. Remember, they signed Bledsoe to a long-term deal before the 2001 season.

Let's say they go back to Bledsoe, and he plays in NE like he did in Buffalo in 2002 (with 4,359 yards, 24 TD's, only 15 INT's, and a Pro Bowl berth). He takes them to the playoffs again, but they lose in Oakland. As a result, I don't see Brady coming back in 2003. He is traded to a team like the Bears or the Ravens for their first round pick.
the moment BLEDsoe is back his college form, BB might trade Brady Mid season to maximize his return.... Cardinals? Saints? Buccaners?

Brees on the Ravens for 12-15 years would have been scary.
But the ravens would have look a way to waste him...u