Bulldoggus

Banned
Federalist Party: [Leader: Nigel Farage] The Federalist Party is one of the stranger beasts of British politics. Taking inspiration from German Länder and Swiss Cantons, the Federalist vision imagines a UK into (roughly) equally populated areas (currently 19), with consistent devolved powers and responsibilities at an appropriate level. As with many less mainstream political parties, the Federalists have split a couple of times since their founding in 2001, around top-down vs bottom up leadership and implementation, and also about the level of devolution. They have never had an elected official, and are standing in 16 constituencies spread around the country.
LOL. That sounds like an... interesting policy.

Bulldoggus

Banned
Have you ever read a debate about a Federalised UK? Pretty much everyone in favour has a different solution in mind
Well, it would be hard for England to replicate Germany, given the German population is pretty evenly spread whereas the English population... isn't.

Well that really was delightful. I presume that the myriad of groups like the Canvey Island Independents, Epsom and Ewell Residents Association etc. are just not standing for Parliament?

Well that really was delightful. I presume that the myriad of groups like the Canvey Island Independents, Epsom and Ewell Residents Association etc. are just not standing for Parliament?
Thanks - and yes, there was further down the rabbit hole of local indy's I wasn't going to go, so you can assume any other group you can think of hasn't stood in the GE