Space Age II

When do you think permenant habitation outside Earth will begin?

• 2020-2100

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • 2100-2300

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 2400-3000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never, God will return, or we will destory ourselves and the Earth

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

RealityX

Banned
China has achieved some magnificent things recently, ultra modern cities spread like gemstones that look better than most American cities, a man in space, while the USA and Russia seem to have stagnated. I guess a little authoritarian collectivism - the ambitions of an emperor, are what is needed to undertake new frontiers.

Is the central government of china what is needed to push humanity onto 'space age platform II?' I think it is. The USA would have never landed on the moon without an authoritarian collectivist Soviet Union. Democracies need authoritarian competition to thrive. As much as I am personally a libertarian - Freedom is not what built the great wall, or the pyramids, or the Roman Empire. Humanity needs an outside limit or it will collapse in on it's self in war. For Europe, the opportunity of founding new colonies is what held ww1 back until the 1900's. The same principle holds. The Space race held back a potential apocalyptic war, by finding another way for nations and rulers to compete for prestige.

China should embrace it's future - that of the 'Human Hive from Alpha Centauri' ^^

Traits of a powerful alternative to a future 'westernized' China

Authoritarian leadership at the head of state level.
Democratic process is most other echelons of lower government.
Meritocratic leadership and chain of command
Technocratic central planning while maintaining a decentralized free market.
Plutocratic- the rich can acquire wealth but are not allowed to sit on it, they must invest. A portion of this always goes to the central government as a patronage fee Total monopolies are also illegal.
Communist/Collectivist/Confucian aspects
Taoism is the 'objectivity outlook' for that outside the self
Buddhism focuses passions within the individual, supporting national order via disciplined individuals.

I could go on - but the main idea is to maintain non-mortal competition via directing the 'greed' of the free market and information through taxation or other incentives towards the central conservationist and collectivist goal... The pride of the ruler, is the pride of the people.

The Free & Democracies are reactionary - but I suppose mechanization in the first place was a function of a societies lack of slave labor.

What do you think will cause the next great push out into the great beyond of outer space?

Last edited:
I think there timescale is a bit too big.

I voted for the first choice, but I think it will be around the 2080s to 2100s