Sobieski-Habsburg Marriage WI

I read something recently that suggested John III Sobieski had been angling for a marriage between his son James Louis Sobieski and the eldest daughter of the Emperor Leopold, Maria Antonia. This would have been around the time the Holy League was formed and John delivered Vienna from the Turkish siege in 1683-84. So obviously it didn't happen and apparently Leopold was never keen on it. But then he ended up marrying her to the Elector of Bavaria in what turned out to be a pretty unhappy marriage (for her at least). While Max Emmanuel maybe came from a more prestigious family but he wasn't really of a higher rank (there were debates regarding court etiquette as concerned an elected King and his children vs the Imperial family but still they surely at least equal the Electoral dignity). And as a more practical concern I can't see that Bavarian material support or Max Emmanuel's personal leadership could really have compared with Polish contributions made by John III against the Turks. So I get the feeling that it really just came down to the personalities involved, mainly Leopold's.

So what if things unfolded a little differently after the siege of Vienna, John maybe shares the glory with Leopold (who doesn't really deserve it) so as to flatter him and then to cement the new alliance they betroth their children? I assume Leopold has Maria Antonia renounce her rights to Spanish succession as she did before her OTL marriage but that didn't prevent her son Joseph Ferdinand from being made Prince of Asturias. So I guess first off does this marriage alter the calculus at the next Polish Election? If James faces the prospect of becoming Regent in Spain for his son does he step aside in favor of his brother Alexander, whom is mother favorered OTL? Could we then see the Sobieski family ruling both Spain and Poland in the early 18th century?

Jakub Sobieski, despite being son of king, was mere nobleman. But...
Say King John III dies short after battle of Vienna, during peak of his glory. In such situation there is 99% chance that his 16 years old son would be elected to the Polish throne. Now, as Polish King he is more likely candidate to get hand of Emperor,s daughter.

Didn't Leopold and Jan also have a falling out at some point? I remember Jan's daughter was pushed for marriage to Josef I but it likewise fell by the wayside due to aforementioned falling out

Didn't Leopold and Jan also have a falling out at some point? I remember Jan's daughter was pushed for marriage to Josef I but it likewise fell by the wayside due to aforementioned falling out

I remember a story my professor told me regarding their meeting after the siege of Vienna. It was customary that Jan should lift his hat first for the higher ranking emperor. However as Jan just saved his city he thought the emperor should greet him first. After a while Jan started to lift his arm towards his hat. Leopold did the same so they would greet each othert at the same time. However Jan instead of actually lifting his hat simply thwirled his mustache. So Jan had his way.

I dont know if its true but its a good story.

sobieski was generally pro-French, thus he need to change his politics (and don't piss off Emperor after victory, that would be goog start). Thus Jakub Sobieski married to Habsburg princess would recive Austrian support during 1697 election, like Augustus II did IOTL, it should be enough to win election.

So I read something similar about the meeting between Leopold and John. Leopold was actually approaching Vienna after the battle when he heard the sounds of cannon fire from John's triumphal entry into the city. So that irked and contributed to the awkward meeting. John apparently introduced Jakub at the subsequent meeting and Leopold snubbed him, not even deigning to acknowledge his son. Hence I was thinking if circumstances went differently perhaps Leopold would consider the match.

Conversely I read that Leopold took a shine to young Max Emanuel, ironic considering the Electoral would betray Austria during the war of the Spanish Succession. So maybe Max makes a less favorable impression.