Smell Test: New Book (non-AH)

Gents,

Came across a new book at our library yesterday whose topic intrigued me. I don't know enough about that topic however to judge the claims made in it. I'm wondering if someone else who knows more about the topic has read it yet?

The book's title is Meccan Trade and the Rise of Islam Summary It's published by the Princeton University Press and was written by someone named M.P. Crone. The book's summary states that it "presents a radical challenge to a number of standard assertions about the socio-economic milieu in which Islam arose."

Has anyone come across this book or know anything about it?

Bill

Communist Wizard,

Thank you for the links. I should have been able to find that on my own instead of imposing myself on others. I guess I'm of an age that doesn't immediately think "Google!" when a question arises. :(

On the other hand, it's good to know that my feces detector is still working. I know very little about the era or topic, but there was some indefinable something that even a dope like me found disconcerting after reading the summary and skimming a few pages.

Thanks again.

Bill

Communist Wizard,

Thank you for the links. I should have been able to find that on my own instead of imposing myself on others. I guess I'm of an age that doesn't immediately think "Google!" when a question arises. :(

On the other hand, it's good to know that my feces detector is still working. I know very little about the era or topic, but there was some indefinable something that even a dope like me found disconcerting after reading the summary and skimming a few pages.

Thanks again.

Bill
You're welcome. :) Yeah, I though it was interesting at first but the review got me to rethink it.