Small Steps, Giant Leaps: An Alternate History of the Space Age

A tragedy, as I love my nearly lenticular little flapjack. ...big flapjack? 15'-diameter of pancake re-entry goodness.

The only thing more insidious than an allohistorical space TL writer who knows what he intends to include is one who also knows what he intends not to.
A: I'd love to do Flapjack Fuji, maybe in another timeline. The only issue here is that it wouldn't fit in the Shuttle payload bay for ACRV use.
B: ;)

The emoji of someone who knows exactly how they intend to torment their audience and exactly how much fun will be had with their suffering.
Speaking of stations, possibly a minor spoiler, but, well, I'm the author so I get to decide :)
You know how the Soviets are still building Energia even though Buran is canceled in this TL?
Yeah, let's just say they have some plans.

image.png

More SSGL coming soon.

... considering the relative "flatness" of the design, I'm almost wondering if this is going to wind up a bit like Eyes Turned Skywards, with a larger module potentially intended to connect to one side of the central node (and potentially supporting another grouping of modules on the other end).