Shuffling the Canon REDUX: A Shuffled Disney & Pixar TL Redone

That's the problem, they aren't.

And plus, CGI Pooh could be a problem in case the Tigger Movie lands in the 2010s-2020s
I think that as long as they try to actually make the CGI look good, I don't think it would be much of a problem. It might be hard, but still possible.

Also, if the films are close together, then I don't think it'd be that big of an issue either, since it could probably come out afterwards as a spin-off of sorts.

I think that as long as they try to actually make the CGI look good, I don't think it would be much of a problem. It might be hard, but still possible.
I don't know, I don't really wanna make CGI Pooh/Tigger Movie if I'm including it.

Also, if the films are close together, then I don't think it'd be that big of an issue either, since it could probably come out afterwards as a spin-off of sorts.
The problem lies on if the Tigger Movie will be a part of the main canon.

Why not make the Tigger Movie CGI as well if it lands in the 2010s-2020s?
The problem is a CGI Pooh Movie could end up looking problematic for feature standards (i.e something like My Friends Tigger & Pooh). The only way I could see this working is to have the Tigger Movie be a CGI/2D hybrid, something like the "Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers" film recently.

The problem is a CGI Pooh Movie could end up looking problematic for feature standards (i.e something like My Friends Tigger & Pooh). The only way I could see this working is to have the Tigger Movie be a CGI/2D hybrid, something like the "Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers" film recently.
Maybe the film could be done in a CGI-style that’s similar to “The Peanuts Movie”? Because I think they handled the “doing CGI while retaining most of the classic 2D style” gimmick very well.

Maybe the film could be done in a CGI-style that’s similar to “The Peanuts Movie”? Because I think they handled the “doing CGI while retaining most of the classic 2D style” gimmick very well.
Maybe I could make it work. I'll update here if I decide to include all these films into the shuffling.

I have decided to include "James and the Giant Peach", "The Tigger Movie", "DuckTales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp" and also included "Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers", though that does mean I may adjust the order of the TV Shows currently shuffled.

Toy Story 5 just got an announced release date today, so you may want to include it in your Shuffled Pixar lineup.

Also, on a semi-related note, are you planning on mentioning the Mandalorian series and Tron films in your shuffled lineup or no?

I should be returning by either this weekend or the next with 1977c and possibly 1981 if I'm quick enough.

As for final hints for both titles:

Both will feature talking animals to some extent or degree

The Reluctant Dragon (1977)
The Reluctant Dragon (1977)
"A fun and energetic fantasy" - New York Times, December 1st 1977

---
What eventually became "The Reluctant Dragon" started life in the 1940s, when the Walt Disney Studio was undergoing an economic turmoil due to both "Robin Hood" and "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" becoming box office bombs and the 1941 Animator's Strike. To quickly re-coup the losses of both films, it was decided that a quick cash-grab film showcasing the ins and outs of the Walt Disney Studio would be produced, culminating in an animated featurette. While choosing the subject for said featurette, Walt came across Kenneth Grahame's "The Reluctant Dragon". While having considered to be the source material for this new "feature film", Walt dismissed both this and "The Wind in the Willows", another Grahame novel. Walt claimed that both works were too corny for his tastes. "The Wind in the Willows" eventually became a part of "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad", while an adaptation of "The Emperor's New Clothes" starring Mickey Mouse and company was produced as part of the "feature film", appropriately titled "The Emperor's New Groove".

In 1957, Walt had plans to re-visit "The Reluctant Dragon", this time it would be produced as a feature length animation/live-action hybrid similar to how "Encanto: The Adventures of the Little Prince" and "Strange World" were. Walt hired screenwriter Seton I. Miller to write the script, which Miller based off an unpublished dragon script that he had written earlier (1). Walt had Kevin Corcoran from "Old Yeller" in mind when he first considered the cast for the film, but by 1958, the script was too short and uneventful for Walt to consider changing "The Reluctant Dragon" into a special episode of the Disneyland anthology program. Corcoran was re-casted as John Darling in 1961's "Peter Pan". Eventually "The Reluctant Dragon" ended back on the shelf until 1968, well after Walt's death. Even in 1968, the project went nowhere and continued to stay in development hell.

It wasn't until 1975 when "The Reluctant Dragon" was formally put back into production. Producer Jerome Courtland re-discovered both the 1941 and 1957 drafts of "The Reluctant Dragon", he soon hired Malcolm Marmorstein to draft up a script. The final script was changed and re-written so much that it might as well have been an original film that was loosely based off Grahame's original novel. For one, the stakes were raised higher and the dragon was given a name: Elliott (2). Taking cues from the 1957 version, Elliott the dragon would be animated, which would help him stick out compared to the rest of the cast, which were all real life actors. There was one more thing notable about "The Reluctant Dragon": None of the Nine Old Men participated in animation work for this film, Elliott was animated by a whole new generation of animators. Don Hahn most notably gained experience from working on this film before later working on "Who Framed Roger Rabbit".

The film starts with a flashback of ancient times, where dragons and humans fought against each other brutally (This scene was noted to be somewhat analogous to "Raya and the Last Dragon"). Eventually the dragons retreated and centuries pass by, each generation anticipating another great war between the two species. A young boy named Bob (3) reads a book about ancient dragons and knights when his father rushes to warn the townsfolk about a monster, Bob re-assures that it was only a dragon, to which his father panicks and runs away in fear. Bob ventures into the dragon's lair himself and finds a shy and timid dragon named Elliott. Discovering Elliott's love for books and literature, Bob befriends Elliott. Meanwhile the dragon slayer Sir Giles arrives to take out the dragon, but Bob re-assures Giles that Elliott is friendly and wouldn't fight. To fool the townsfolk, Sir Giles and Elliott play pretend and stage a fight where Sir Giles "slays" Elliott to death. Their ploy is discovered and Elliott is banished from the town. However when the ferocious dragons return to destroy the town, Bob and Sir Giles have to find Elliott and save everyone before the dragons set them all on fire.

"The Reluctant Dragon" was met with praise and a generally positive reception. While most of the live-action scenes were considered as filler and dull, the animated Elliott and the performances of Sir Giles and Bob really carried the film. "The Reluctant Dragon" was well received enough for a live-action remake to be produced and released in 2016. Today, "The Reluctant Dragon" is seen as Disney's better live-action/animation hybrids.

Release Date: November 3rd 1977

Live Action Cast:
Sean Marshall (Bob)
Gene Wilder (Sir Giles)
Cal Bartlett (Bob's Father)

Animated Cast:
Paul Winchell (Elliott)

(1) What OTL's "Pete's Dragon" was based off
(2) The same name given to the titular dragon from "Pete's Dragon"
(3) Taken from Robert Benchley as he had starred in OTL's Reluctant Dragon

Notes: This took quite some time for me to think of a suitable plot for, considering how OTL's Reluctant Dragon was a feaurette and how I needed to convert it to a live-action/animation hybrid. I am looking forward the the 80s though so except more updates soon. And I'm also trying out this new template and hopefully it looks better.

Chicken Little (1981)
Chicken Little (1981)
The 1980s were an... interesting decade for Disney to say the least. The 1980s was the decade Walt Disney Television Animation came into the picture with Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers (which would get its own feature length film in the future), many new talent came in to replace the old guard, and the studio experienced a huge crisis that almost ended in disaster. This would all start with "Chicken Little". Contrary to what most people believe, this wasn't the first time Disney had adapted the Henny Penny fable. A World War 2 propaganda short of the same name had released in 1943, there its message was to warn the public about foreign misinformation. In 1967, Ken Anderson expressed interest in revisiting "Chicken Little". The problem was that the original henny Penny fable was so straight-forward that it could only be made as a short film (like the 1943 version) or a featurette. Due to the above problems, "Chicken Little" was put on hold.

Another idea was to adapt the 1967 novel "The Fox and the Hound" by Daniel Mannix. Disney had aquired the rights to the book in 1967 but shelved it due to two reasons: The book was far too depressing to ever be adapted into a Disney film, plus another film of the same name had already been released in 1946 despite having a completely different premise. Needless to say, this idea didn't go far and the studio moved on to other projects. In the 1970s, "Chicken Little" was revived and brought back into production. Taking inspiration and elements from the proposed "Fox and the Hound" feature, the film was given a southern setting and the timeframe was re-tooled to directly reflect the atmosphere of the late 70s to early 80s.

The transition between the old guard and the new generation during the production of "Chicken Little" caused a lot of problems. While the Nine Old Men were more encouraging towards the new animators, Wolfgang Reitherman and Ron Miller were unsupportive of many new ideas, which often dragged them into arguements with the new guard. Eventually the pot boiled over and notable animator Don Bluth quit his job at Disney on September 13th 1979, claiming that Reitherman was too stern and out of touch. Bluth would go on to start his own studio and directly rival Disney throughout the rest of the 1980s. The disruptions of production and the departure of Don Bluth meant that the film couldn't reach its intended Christmas 1980 release date, instead it was delayed to 1981. The end product would greatly reflect its somewhat troubled production.

The film starts with the titular Chicken Little studying history and the Cold War. Fearing for nuclear annihilation, the anxious Chicken Little warns everybody about the imminent doom of his town, claiming that "the sky was falling" as a metaphor for war. Ever so annoyed about Chicken Little's growing anxiety, Chicken Little's father sends him to summer camp along with his friends Piggy Wiggy (1) and Ducky Lucky (2). There, Chicken Little learns to repair his relationship with his father and also get rid of his worsening anxiety. All seems to be going well until Chicken Little discovers a plot by their camp counselor Foxy Loxy to kidnap the kids. With his newfound skills, Chicken Little and his friends have to save camp before it's too late.

"Chicken Little" did well enough in the box office, earning $63 million with its $12 million budget. The film received mixed-to-positive reviews from critics, some bashed the film for being too mean spirited, especially towards the protagonists. Audiences were more forgiving and praised the film's life lessons and voice performances, and strangely Foxy Loxy became a fan favourite villain, even if his villain persona only appeared by the third act. With the release and reception of "Chicken Little", it seemed like smooth sailing for Disney here on out, but nobody could've anticipated the disaster that was to come.

Release Date: July 10th 1981

Cast:
John Fiedler (Chicken Little) (3)
Dick Bakalyan (Chicken Little's Father)
Paul Winchell (Piggy Wiggy)
Clarence Nash (Ducky Lucky)
Jim Dale (Foxy Loxy)

(1) Essentially OTL's Runt out of Litter
(2) The name is taken from the 1943 short
(3) Chicken Little mostly sounds like Piglet IOTL

Notes: "Chicken Little" here uses the original outline from OTL's version but with some early 80s elements. ITTL "Chicken Little" is far more well remembered and well liked, so the film fares a lot better than OTL. Next up is 1985 and things well get messy for WDAS, stay tuned for that.