Satanic Verses - A Satanic Middle Ages?

Well, if you go by the standards of the Gnostics, they all were. But otherwise, highly improbable given the function that Satan had in religious narrative. Though there was a rather nice TL about that IIRC

Any chance of a Satanic army or country existing in Europe or the surrounding areas in the middle ages?

Maaaaaaybe... but it wouldn't last; it's like putting up a giant screaming neon sign saying "please, please, break us all on the wheel!"

If there's a Satanic group it'll be immediatly destroyed in a crusade and all the kings and nobles will be itching to see who gets destroy them first.

Any chance of a Satanic army or country existing in Europe or the surrounding areas in the middle ages?

No... for the simple fact that it would have to be so different from what you regard from a Christian perspective to be Satanic that it no longer would be that.

No army or nation is going to on mass think... gee I'll reject a loving God so I can boil in semen for eternity.

However they might adopt one of the more bizarre ideas which would be regarded as Satanism... such as some of the gnostic stuff. From their point of view they would be pious christians.

Actually this is pretty easy to achieve. Say a POD around 247 BC the greeks who translated the Septuagint get something messed up or otherwise go a bit mad. They accidentally switch Satan's name for St. Michael the Archangel. Spelling it Sataniel. This goes uncorrected for many centuries.

Flash forward to St. Paul and the spreading of the New Testament, the kind actions of St. Satan are spread all around the Roman Empire along with the rest of Christian theology. Nothing so far is changed, as far as butterflies is considered.

Constantine converts to Christianity, he proclaims to have been guided to the light by Sataniel.

Fall of Rome goes by. Dark Ages ensue. Some butterflies occur changing some names and gently alter the time line in subtle ways. Centuries later the so-called Middle Ages come around, and bang in 1254 Pope Gregory VIII, gives his support to the creation of the Order of Satan. An organization dedicated to Crusade against the Tartars of Crimea.

No... for the simple fact that it would have to be so different from what you regard from a Christian perspective to be Satanic that it no longer would be that.

No army or nation is going to on mass think... gee I'll reject a loving God so I can boil in semen for eternity.

However they might adopt one of the more bizarre ideas which would be regarded as Satanism... such as some of the gnostic stuff. From their point of view they would be pious christians.

How about an early Hedonistic idealogy spreading, it merging with Satanism to be a sort of protest to Catholicism?

How about an early Hedonistic idealogy spreading, it merging with Satanism to be a sort of protest to Catholicism?

It would be problematic to achieve that. Hedonism is fairly well integrated into worldly Catholic practice while most rebellious movements were ascetic and radically unworldly.