Russia and Germany invade England

A more basic question, if we are talking about some sort of large scale combined operation between German and Soviet forces, what language would they speak?

Little things like that matter when you are talking about foreign militaries operating together.

Beyond basic stuff like language, how much training time do they need together in order to have even a snowball's chance in hell of pulling this off? Interoperability is nil not to mention a complete lack of commonality in equipment and they would need time to correct that. You just can't throw two military forces together and say, "Here, go execute OPERATION FLAMING DUMBASS."
German& Some officers could also speak French (Heinz Guderian used it to speak with soviet high-rank officer in September 1939 in Brest-Litovsk).

Long story short, the RN sends another navy as a gift to Neptune. :D

But yeah, the home guard might have more trouble with Russian airborne units, but as long as reinforcements don't make it onto the beaches, they're pretty much sitting ducks.

It might bring the U.S into the war earlier, as they could make a difference, with the manpower they have.

Touching back on the air force issue, I researched it and less than half of the air force was combat-ready during the time of the Battle of Britain.

Even so, the boost in numbers would have assisted them a bit? What about ground staff (servicing aircraft)?

Servicing unfamiliar aircraft types? And IIRC Soviet ground staff left a lot to be desired? As opposed to very proficient LW ground staff.

Two Germanies, plus Russia would have been able to beat England I think. One Germany gave England a hard time, two backed up by Russia would be nightmare. While one Germany was blitzing London, the other could move all of it's troops through Russia and invade India through Afghanistan. Russia could supply plenty of resources to the Germanies and just fight it out like a huge proxy war or they could jump in seize a lot of land. I think they could conquer Eurasia if they wanted.

My main objection: Russia, even the expanded USSR has no border with England. So the only way to get Russian soldiers to help with the invasion is to ship them through Germany first. That alone would make any German general too nervous to even consider the option. Plus: In the aftermath you would have an England that is partially under Soviet control. A nice second front when later on you would invade Russia, as everyone knew they would eventually do.

If Germany and the USSR would team up to invade and partition any country other then Poland, I would see them move into Iran, Iraq and the middle East before I can even think of moving into England.

I think the point for Stalin would be not so much to actually take England but to create a strategic diversion so he has a free hand to take whatever he wants in the Middle & Far East with no British reinforcements.

If they do take the British Isles great. If they don't and he has to settle for most of the middle east I am sure he could have lived with that. The USSR would mostly be losing older planes and ships anyway.

Two Germanies, plus Russia would have been able to beat England I think. One Germany gave England a hard time, two backed up by Russia would be nightmare. While one Germany was blitzing London, the other could move all of it's troops through Russia and invade India through Afghanistan. Russia could supply plenty of resources to the Germanies and just fight it out like a huge proxy war or they could jump in seize a lot of land. I think they could conquer Eurasia if they wanted.

Logistics in that scenario would be abysmal for the Red Army, especially without Lend Lease trucks and locomotives. And what is this other Germany? Where did that come from?

Logistics in that scenario would be abysmal for the Red Army, especially without Lend Lease trucks and locomotives. And what is this other Germany? Where did that come from?

Oh, at first I thought the OP said Germany, Germany and Russia invaded England.