Return of Horrible Educational Maps

badscream.png
whoever made this map and thought it was what the US state map actually was is what the fourth-northermost state's name is here, with an I added.

I'm watching a review of this game called Enchanted Portals, which is the Cuphead rip-off everyone has been clowning on a few years ago (and the game did turn out pretty terrible).
1695660337922.png

And, yeah, something's off with this view of the Earth that shows up there.

I'm watching a review of this game called Enchanted Portals, which is the Cuphead rip-off everyone has been clowning on a few years ago (and the game did turn out pretty terrible).
View attachment 858298
And, yeah, something's off with this view of the Earth that shows up there.
The things that jump out are missing Dardenelles, Africa getting smushed against Sinai peninsula and Green Northern Scandanavia. Maybe a few other things, but not *that* bad...

Then have this webfound globe.

Although strangely enough Australia and the Chinese/Korean coast looks decent enough, but for most of the rest...

View attachment 858405
Africa has split itself from Asia, Scandinavia merged with Russia, Denmark sunk to the bottom of the ocean, Canada has gotten land, Indonesia looks a bit deformed, and apparently Japan does not want to exist in the same world as China so the entire Japanese land sunk itself at the Pacific Ocean.

Africa has split itself from Asia, Scandinavia merged with Russia, Denmark sunk to the bottom of the ocean, Canada has gotten land, Indonesia looks a bit deformed, and apparently Japan does not want to exist in the same world as China so the entire Japanese land sunk itself at the Pacific Ocean.
... Ireland has sunk, Wales/Cornwall have gone independent to replace it, Italy and Greece have been dug up and used to fill in the Black Sea, the Sinai has been demolished in the great Suez Canal widening project, Florida has gone on an extreme celebrity diet, Cuba is making a bid for freedom, Borneo and the Philippines(?) are making obscene gestures to the designer ...

I've asked before, but why in the 21st century do people still produce these hand-rolled horrors, when it would be easier and quicker to download an outline from the internet?

I've asked before, but why in the 21st century do people still produce these hand-rolled horrors, when it would be easier and quicker to download an outline from the internet?
Copyright. Licensing. Major lawsuits. And even if you grab a CC BY/SA map from Wikipedia, you still have to find somewhere on your product to print the attribution. Too much work for them. Easier to bring in the vice president’s 5-year-old son and have him look at a map and copy the coastline by hand until he gets tired and bored and squiggles in the rest.