Resistance: Fall of Man

Awful game. Good idea, good storyline but an awful game.

I got it for free and have played it twice since I got it, and that's enough. The graphics for the buildings, background etc are awesome (City of York IIRC) but the alien things just look shit.

Awful game. Good idea, good storyline but an awful game.

I got it for free and have played it twice since I got it, and that's enough. The graphics for the buildings, background etc are awesome (City of York IIRC) but the alien things just look shit.

They're definitely more interesting than the Covenant of Halo, or your average zombie horde.

They're definitely more interesting than the Covenant of Halo, or your average zombie horde.

Interesting yes, but the game just doesn't do it for me. It could have been so much better, they're almost 2-D.

I've never played Halo either, infact the only two games I play these days are Football Manager 2008 and Victoria: Revolutions with VIP.

The weapons look awesome though.
My only gripe with this game is, that it has another ''America saves the day'' story.

I know the post above is an old one from February 2007, but I thought I'd let the poster in on something that will be of great relief to him: in the sequel, the Chimera, undaunted by the events in "Fall of Man," bring their vicious war to American soil, making landfall on the West Coast in 1953 ...

Heh. America's going to be too busy trying to save its arse in the sequel to do much of anything overseas, methinks.

Gatekeeper

That fanfic thread is flatout wrong if they think the Chimera are just gonna rely on burrowing tunnels beneath the Earth to reach America (like in Resistance 1)...

25967_normal.jpg

Pulled... a coup. Like I said then, its an alternate version of the Resistance TL.:p

Ah. Well, I mean that it could have happened in the canonical timeline- I don't think it contradicts anything in the game. So it's kind of like the Star Wars EU, not a complete "alternate RFOM" sort of history.