I tried two designs, one in which the stars are as tall as the green stripes, so they are bigger, more visible, fit in well enough, and the design is simple and close to the original.
View attachment 902720
In this other one I used a diamond in the middle to make it so that the stars are not in contact with any stripes, but it is a large departure from the original design so I do not like it.

View attachment 902721

I had tried one with has differently shaped stars like the original, but no matter what it did not look good, it throws off the flag design conventions of meaningful proportions and design ratios, and looks ugly.

I think that is the biggest mistake in the original flag design along with the bad looking outline on the stars, so I will especially try to avoid that.

Tell me what you think,

edit:

I fixed the corner so that the stripes don't have an awkward corner breaking them apart.

View attachment 902729
I really like the addition of that diamond shape: it does help the ‘flow’ of this flag a great deal.

Does anyone have a qbam for this?

Treaty-of-Tartu.png

For some reason the 'Snowball Earth' concept (A planet with what amounts to a 'green belt' between massive glaciation at the Poles) fascinates me - I blame Wooly Mammoths, Irish Elks and Cave Lions - so the mental image of a planetary flag with vertical stripes, white-green-white occurred to me as a symbolic evocation of this sort of world (One assumes that the green stripe would be somewhat wider than the white ones to help avoid confusion with a plain white flag).

Might I please ask if you think this design 'Strong and Simple' or just not evocative enough to work as a planetary population's key totem?

I like the idea. I think it works quite well.

Thank you most kindly for the compliment (It now occurs to me that on this planet there might be a running "This flag is a lie!" joke: probably something to the effect that tourists and new settlers keep fooling themselves into thinking the proportion of green on the flag must match the proportion of non-glaciated land on the planet's surface*).:)

*Please note that I didn't say it was a GOOD Joke.