remembrances of things not past

i was listening to a radio show about a year ago and the topic was about people who remembered events that didnt actually happen (in this tl anyway).i think the show was coast to coast with george noory which i usually listen to for entertainment only!!i became interested in the program however because the callers to the show were for the most part talking about very reasonable differences in historical events. the two callers i remember the best was a lady who had "remembered" nelson mandela dying in prison and a man who "remembered" the us government not allowing pres. reagan to lie in state after his death due to terror concerns.this was the only time i had ever heard of this phenomena and just wondered if any other members had ever heard of this or even knew someone who "remembered" an historical event that didnt actually happen.

Grey Wolf

Donor
LOL, I find that if you ask Conservatives about living under a Labour government they will remember a whole load of things that never really happened. Its called relying too much on the right-wing tabloid press

Grey Wolf

Regarding people mis-remembering their history.

Fox news had a recent poll. It was a simple question. Did you agree with Reagan's policies while he was in office? 65% of the people poll agreed. However, this data doesn't jive with the polls from that time period. Heck, even in his biggets Electoral college win from 1984, Reagen still had only 59% of the popular vote. They got a bit of a laugh at the attempt to revise history by the public at large, even if it was in favor of a President that they (the pundits) supported while heartedly.

Torqumada

The Fortean's claim that there are things like newspapers with "Titantic Docks" or "Kennedy/Johnson in '64" political buttons, "Wilson Dimes" ect, floating around in various Collections around the World. If so Maybe The Curtain between TL's aren't are solid as we think , and people do remember differing Histories.

DuQuense said:
The Fortean's claim that there are things like newspapers with "Titantic Docks" or "Kennedy/Johnson in '64" political buttons, "Wilson Dimes" ect, floating around in various Collections around the World. If so Maybe The Curtain between TL's aren't are solid as we think , and people do remember differing Histories.

In the first 24 hours or so after the Titanic disaster, the information regarding the accident was very sketchy. Only a very few people outside of those on the Carpathia knew the truth. Several newspapers had headlines and entire stories based on fragementary information. Look at some of the documentaries out there. You will see such headlines as: "Titantic Strikes Iceberg. All passenger and Crew safe." or "JJ Astor among the survivors" or "Titanic being towed to New York" or "Titanic strikes iceberg, sinks. Daring rescue by Carpatha saves all!". It wasn't until the Carpathia docked that the full scope of the tragedy was realized and accurately reported. It wouldn't surprise me if there are still some copies of those faulty headlines and news stories are in various collections.

Torqumada

DuQuense said:

Wilson dimes?

Woodrow Wilson Dimes is the title of a book by Jck Finney. A guy wakes up in a world not quite the same as he remembered. Wison and not FDR is on the dime.

Torqumada

I looked at the descpriton-or at least the discription of it in one of the reviews-about the Woodrow Wilson Dimes. The premise reminds me of a Simpsons Treehouse of Horros episode where Homer and his toaster go back in time, then forward, and he continues to mess up time. My favorite is the one where donuts fall from the sky as rain. :D