Redrawing Every Country's Subdivisions

Bahamas
Barbados (skipped)
Bahamas (32 districts -> 8 regions)
bahamas.png

Norway / Sweden / Iceland / Finland
Norway (15 counties + 2 sui generis territories -> 18 counties + 2 sui generis territories)
Sweden (21 counties -> 25 counties)
Iceland (8 regions -> 9 regions)
Finland (18 regions + 1 autonomous region -> 12 regions + 2 autonomous regions)
norway sweden iceland finland.png

Starting off Europe, and I can do four countries at once.

Also, if you are going for more Bundesländer anyway, I would have added a separate Lusatia from Southern Brandenburg ITTL. Or maybe a separate Vorpommern, but the latter's viability is disputed.

Germany (13 states + 3 city-states -> 19 states + 4 city-states)
To echo @...Clear.As.Christal... , very happy to see a Westfalen. Also happy to see Lübeck, Franken and Braunschweig, and I do like where you've run a lot of the new borders.

But I have three points:

1) It's Württemberg,
2) Your Rhein-Franken has nothing to do with what anyone these days sees as Franken, except in terms of labels for German dialects. The term has shifted geographically in the intervening 1200 years and what the people living in the country see as Franken these days has far more to do with the Fränkischer Reichskreis (Franconian Circle) of the Holy Roman Empire, not the Carolingian-era duchy. I second @Pragmatic Progressive , go with Kurpfalz.
2) The southern Rhine is down south at Lake Constance (Bodensee), not what you've labelled as Südrhein. Your Land is more the Middle Rhine as it runs through the gorge between the Hunsrück and the Taunus, and also includes the Mosel valley, very notable for wine production. So how about Mittelrhein or Rhein-Mosel?

Germany (13 states + 3 city-states -> 19 states + 4 city-states)
Very nice! To me this setup feels like if there was never a proper French occupation zone established, at most something akin to the way the British handled their occupation zone by having other Western allies (and Poland) establish small zones. All very sensible options.
But also, as someone whose current historical hyperfixation is German state border redrawing, I wanna go a bit into some names and ideas.

@...Clear.As.Christal... While Sachsen-Anhalt is indeed a weird state (mostly due to the fact that it's three historic territories merged, not just two, namely the former northwestern bits of Sachsen, the Altmark, and Anhalt, it's actually a surprisingly old idea? And by pretty old I mean at least 1928, when the Bund zur Erneuerung des Reiches (also known as the Luther-Bund) created the Reichsland Preußen proposal and subsequently a "Länderkonferenz" suggested that the Province of Saxony (excluding the Regierungsbezirk Erfurt) plus Anhalt should form the province of Sachsen-Anhalt within the future Reichsland Preußen. That was also part of why the Soviets did recreate it in the GDR, briefly.

To mirror what @Cydonius and @Pragmatic Progressive are saying, Rheinfranken is a bit odd, but not that odd. In 1926 and 1930, a series of proposals by two men knwon as A. Weitzel and E. Obst (I have yet to find a source which lists their full names) known as the "Frankfurter Entwurf" does include a Rheinfranken consisting of pretty much modern-day Rhineland-Palatinate and Hesse, plus potentially bits of Baden around Heidelberg and Mannheim. These were made between 1926 and 1930, with various small iterations made by both men, but that name isn't farfetched.

But I do agree that Lusatia would be a feasible addition, and that Südrhein isn't a good name for that state and that instead Mittelrhein would be a better fit, and one with plenty of historical precedent.

@erictom333 i reread your OP and it doesn't explain whether or not the changes are just your personal headcanon for how the countries should be organized or if you're designing them based on simplification or something, I'm assuming its just how you feel and not trying to reduce complexity?

@erictom333 i reread your OP and it doesn't explain whether or not the changes are just your personal headcanon for how the countries should be organized or if you're designing them based on simplification or something, I'm assuming its just how you feel and not trying to reduce complexity?
I'm just doing these for fun, not necessarily how I think they should be.

So like doodling but you are sharpening your cartography skills? I dig that just watching you makes me nostalgic for when I had the programs and free time to do it myself `~`
As I said in the OP, I'm doing this in order to start making maps again. There are other WIP projects I have here though, notably the RDCS color scheme.