Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington State is completely missing from the most recent map...
That rat bastard Pendleton backstabbed Polk’s memory and sold it to the British for a penance to become their vassal! All because he failed to put down the damn indians and couldn’t afford to pay the war reparations for a war he made the Union surrender in!

Or wait...

Maybe he just recognize the inability to settle the territory and that the need for reconstruction outweighed expansion. So he demanded the British just pay for their already ongoing unlawful encroachment on the territory, and in doing so he saved the Union economy with a stimulus of British capital and encouraging British investment.

It’s all perspective really.

Last edited:
That rat bastard Pendleton backstabbed Polk’s memory and sold it to the British for a penance to become their vassal! All because he failed to put down the damn indians and couldn’t afford to pay the war reparations for a war he made the Union surrender in!

Or wait...

Maybe he just recognize the inability to settle the territory and that the need for reconstruction outweighed expansion. So he demanded the British just pay for their already ongoing unlawful encroachment on the territory, and in doing so he saved the Union economy with a stimulus of British capital and encouraging British investment.

It’s all perspective really.
I feel like this would be a bad move now, but is there a way for the northern border to be renegotiated to 46th Parallel north?

I feel like this would be a bad move now, but is there a way for the northern border to be renegotiated to 46th Parallel north?
Yknow that is a decent idea.

I've got back and made a small retcon. I've updated the map and the last Part to recognize that the sale was only to the 47th Parallel North, with southern Washington folded into Oregon.

I was thinking more of a 47th parallel north through all the territories, and perhaps Minnesota but yeah 47th north for the Washington wouldn't be a bad idea at all

I was thinking more of a 47th parallel north through all the territories, and perhaps Minnesota but yeah 47th north for the Washington wouldn't be a bad idea at all
The British wouldn't really care about that land at this point. Control of the Puget is more important, and the entire reason Washington is cut-off is because of native raiding in the West.

Status
Not open for further replies.