Queen Victoria dies in 1861, does her son Alfred marry earlier?

That was Alice before Hesse but I guess who the wedding talks can start again with either Helena or Louise as bride
Yea for Willem, the oldest son of King Willem III. Victoria disliked him but I feel Edward might like him (since they are both playboys).

Or he could be suitably horrified by the prospect
True, I don't know much about Edward's character.

Alexander was an intellectual and not that interested in woman. He might be disliked by Edwards because of that. Alexander was involved with a German princess, I cant remember who and I don't have the biography that mentions it here with me. This was around the same time of his father's second marriage.

VVD0D95

Banned

Alexander was an intellectual and not that interested in woman. He might be disliked by Edwards because of that. Alexander was involved with a German princess, I cant remember who and I don't have the biography that mentions it here with me. This was around the same time of his father's second marriage.

Oh interesting, hmm, I had seen it mentioned that Alexander was proposed as a candidate for a Portuguese Princess as well?

Indeed true, Edward and Alic marrying in 1862 I can see, wasn’t there talk of one of the girls being offered to the Netherlands?
Alice or Helena. Sophie of Württemberg and her half-sister Katharina (mother of Wilhelm II) were pro-English and wanted one of Victoria's daughters for the prince of Orange and Beatrice for Wilhelm II

It wasa Hannoverian girl (daughter of George V) IIRC. But Victoria refused to allow the marriage ICR why though

Oh interesting, hmm, I had seen it mentioned that Alexander was proposed as a candidate for a Portuguese Princess as well?
Wrong Alexander. That was Sophie's brother-in-law with the same name. There was talk of wedding him to either Maria II of Portugal or Isabel II of Spain

VVD0D95

Banned
Alice or Helena. Sophie of Württemberg and her half-sister Katharina (mother of Wilhelm II) were pro-English and wanted one of Victoria's daughters for the prince of Orange and Beatrice for Wilhelm II

Oh now that is interesting hmm, Helena for the Prince of Orange and Beatrice for Wilhelm would be an intriguing combination, may make them both happier also

marktaha

Banned
Wonder what relations with Albert would have been like? I believe he and Alix were genuinely in love .